What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Cowboys Teams1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. A

GongPanther

Referee
1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Shane Elford 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Trent Waterhouse 13. Luke Lewis

Interchange: 14. Joseph Paulo 15. Nathan Smith 16.Matthew Bell 17.Sam McKendry 18.Ryan Walker 20.Nigel Plum 21. Frank Puletua

NYC Team

1.Alistair Beale 2. Jack Twist 3. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 4. Derek Duff 5. Dale Middleton 6. Daniel Mahoney 7. Matthew Moylan 8. Evrett Vaurasi 9. Damien Cook 10. Jake Seaton 11. Kyle Fraser 12. Andrew Pritchard (C) 13. Sarafu Fatiaki

Interchange: 14. Shane Smith 15. Albert Boaza 16.Kilifi Tia-Kilifi 17.Ioritana Tuau 18.Samson Sene

abpanther

Staff member
Do you guys think Blair will slot into the centres when he is fit?

Interesting to see Walker as the primary backup for Elford rather than Brad Tighe

maple_69

Bench
Wouldn't be at all disappointed to get a look at Walker at least while Tighe is out. Elford's defense was very suspect last out and Walker did very well in the trials.Give him a taste then make them all fight for it.

Happy with the team. Can't wait to see Coote smash up Big Willie again.

Sleep

Juniors
I'd like to see Blair in the side but I doubt it happens. I'll be especially disappointed if Elliott doesn't stick with McKendry. I think he offers a lot and being young he's only going to get better.

Grant, Bell and McKendry are the future of our front row so they should be picked every week no questions asked. He can rotate them however he likes but they should all be there along side Petero.

The backrow you can chop and change as a few of the players are fairly similar. Waterhouse, Pritchard and Lewis are always going to start. It's just a matter of who Elliott takes out of Paulo, Smith, Cooper and Plum. Laurie is going to have to set the world on fire to get a look in I think.

It's a nice problem to have. :)

And to be honest I thought if Elford couldn't play we'd see Tighe into the centres and Purtell to the wing.

Kilkenny

Coach
Disappointing Brad Tighe is suspended he should be picked in front of both Purtell and Elford in my opinion. Purtell is susposed to be a very good defender but we had problems with our left hand side defence on the weekend and I think pace was part of that problem. Tighe has pace, is a solid defender in my opinion and when available I hope he comes back into the side.

Sleep

Juniors
I've always liked Blair in defence. He hits hard and makes good reads. I'd much prefer to see him in the centres over Tighe and Purtell.

murraymob

Coach
waterhouse is a massive loss.Plum will come in but while he tries hard is no match for waterhouse

maple_69

Bench
Crap.
I agree on Blair. I think of all the options he has the most potential to really solve that troublesome position for us. If he could find a bit of form he'd really balance our attacking game and shore up defence on the fringe.
I'd love to see Pritchard, Burns and Blair lining up hits on the left, you wouldn't want to run anywhere near them.

Fibroman

First Grade
Crap.
I agree on Blair. I think of all the options he has the most potential to really solve that troublesome position for us. If he could find a bit of form he'd really balance our attacking game and shore up defence on the fringe.
I'd love to see Pritchard, Burns and Blair lining up hits on the left, you wouldn't want to run anywhere near them.

Agree. Blair hit very hard in defence and dominates in tackles. He stops opposition teams getting over the advantage line. He is quite fast for a big bloke too. Great player, just need to work on his fitness.

shags

Juniors
I thought waterhouse was a definate starter this week?? Doesn't mention anything in late mail anywhere.

bigfoot

Juniors
I thought waterhouse was a definate starter this week?? Doesn't mention anything in late mail anywhere.

Depends on who you ask mate. On the footy show Vossy said he was definitely out, however in other places it says he will play.

Who knows. :lol:

murraymob

Coach
warehouse smith out pulutua plum in.Our mobility will be heavily tested as both plum and pulutua are not the most agile guys around