What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

greenfins

Juniors
Wats doin with SG Ball team, they look secure for the finals, unlucky by the sounds of Saturdays game, good come back to go down by only 2 points.

Any thoughts on how they are going?

Kilkenny

Coach
The rumours are true. William Beale named in SG Ball team :D

That's good news. The kid has the potential, if his head is in the right place, to make the grade.

A couple of seasons back when we first brought Harry Seika down from Orange and we were all excited about Harry I was speaking to the Matthews coach at the time who expressed the view William Beale had twice the natural ability but half the attitude. You don't lose natural ability we just need to hope young William Beale has improved his attitude as he could be anything.

brothersleague

Juniors
who played well in sg ball?? doesnt dragons hav some penrith players to, pati kaufusi, an ex brothers player, nathan dunn and chris nay? did they all play? how did they go?

stretcher

Juniors
who played well in sg ball?? doesnt dragons hav some penrith players to, pati kaufusi, an ex brothers player, nathan dunn and chris nay? did they all play? how did they go?
Yes your right they are all penrith kaufusi is a year young and done nothing all game Dunn went ok but to fat and slow as a hooker on the other hand penrith hooker made at least 6 line breaks and scored a powerful try Chris nay very quick and elusive but has to many halfbacks in front of him at penrith eg Seijka,Mate,Beale,Pickup,Verney and Damion luhr at academy so good on him for going to dragons for the experience but really needs to work on his defence was found out on thursday and looked like he was a spot player for penriths attack so in all havent lost anything by losing them players to dragons and i believe the kaufusi family moved to kogarah.

ashton

Juniors
SG Ball
St George 20 -v- Penrith 54

Tries: H Siejka 2, R Mate 2, S Pickup. K Nanai, T Feilaokitau, N Mataia, M Compton, B South
Conversions: H Siejka 7

Harold Matthews
St George 14 -v- Penrith 20
Tries: W Tuavao 2, J Mapusua, J Brackenhofer
Conversions: A Glanville 2

stretcher

Juniors
SG Ball
St George 20 -v- Penrith 54

Tries: H Siejka 2, R Mate 2, S Pickup. K Nanai, T Feilaokitau, N Mataia, M Compton, B South
Conversions: H Siejka 7

Harold Matthews
St George 14 -v- Penrith 20
Tries: W Tuavao 2, J Mapusua, J Brackenhofer
Conversions: A Glanville 2
Where have all the Peter Mullholand fans gone talking him up as the messiah well maybe its because they are not travelling to well in the Matts and beaten by sharks in the ball and the twenties are one win out of four i know its still early days but it just proves people on here are followers of winners and never really support any team just the ones winning reminds me of the school yard......

MountainMan

Juniors
the u20 team will not make the 8

I agree,some changes need to be made definetly.
I watched a C-Grade game the other week,between Brothers and Windsor

Brothers prop and 2009 penrith ball player Matthew Pentiani was unreal up front,penrith need to give him a recall into the 20s,his tank and will cause more damage then the currents 20s props.

Windsor had this Centre I'v never seen in the Penrith comp,Ronny Palumbo was his name,this kids a freak!..Thats the second time I'v seen him play,the other was against penrith school Chifley College last year,he scored 3 or 4 tries,playing for some campbelltown school,Sira Redfern?,ripped Chifley apart.Penrith need to have a serious look at him,he could be the anwser to the back line woes??

MountainMan

Juniors
I agree,some changes need to be made definetly.
I watched a C-Grade game the other week,between Brothers and Windsor

Brothers prop and 2009 penrith ball player Matthew Pentiani was unreal up front,penrith need to give him a recall into the 20s,his tank and will cause more damage then the currents 20s props.

Windsor had this Centre I'v never seen in the Penrith comp,Ronny Palumbo was his name,this kids a freak!..Thats the second time I'v seen him play,the other was against penrith school Chifley College last year,he scored 3 or 4 tries,playing for some campbelltown school,Sira Redfern?,ripped Chifley apart.Penrith need to have a serious look at him,he could be the anwser to the back line woes??

Done some research via google,this Palumbo kid played 2 years of sg ball with Manly 08,09 and is named as a NSW top 25 rugby league player on ourfootyteam.com........hmm door bells should be ringing for Craig Culnane

stretcher

Juniors
Done some research via google,this Palumbo kid played 2 years of sg ball with Manly 08,09 and is named as a NSW top 25 rugby league player on ourfootyteam.com........hmm door bells should be ringing for Craig Culnane
Penitani has had his chance at ball and 20s and still has another year of 20s in him but in my opinion he looks tiny amongst the other 20s players so he might look big and run hard at club level but he dosent measure up to the likes of everett,seaton,samson,fraser ,sarafu

MountainMan

Juniors
Penitani has had his chance at ball and 20s and still has another year of 20s in him but in my opinion he looks tiny amongst the other 20s players so he might look big and run hard at club level but he dosent measure up to the likes of everett,seaton,samson,fraser ,sarafu

Yeah thats a good point,you can add Tia Kilifi to that list...Samson is a big unit,but fitness wise,do you think his the best to have there?...I'm a big fan of Fraser,his a very capable player.Im sure Penitani is bigger than Fraser though,Fraser has far more skill definetly.
Has Penitani had a run with the 20s already?

Whats your thoughts on Palumbo,have you seen him play at all?

greenfins

Juniors
Big finish for the rounds this weekend, if the boys play to their potential, can beat Wests and then go on in the finals.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I notice Bryce Cartwright has been listed as number 17 this week. Hopefully he gets 20-30 minutes to get him ready for the Finals.

stretcher

Juniors
Yeah thats a good point,you can add Tia Kilifi to that list...Samson is a big unit,but fitness wise,do you think his the best to have there?...I'm a big fan of Fraser,his a very capable player.Im sure Penitani is bigger than Fraser though,Fraser has far more skill definetly.
Has Penitani had a run with the 20s already?

Whats your thoughts on Palumbo,have you seen him play at all?
i havent seen palumbo play but will be watching with interest and fraser is bigger than penitani trust me ive seen them training and penitani is one of the smallest forwards that was trialling at the start of the year....

Latest posts