What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a new doc

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Remember a few years back Robbie slapping his leg at Leichhardt trying to get feeling into it after a dodgy injection from the doctor?

Now on a stinking hot day we have out best defender sitting in the sheds with a collapsed lung due to another injection related mishap.

I know it is not the easiest thing in the world to get in the right place but even shines could do a better job with this one.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I heard Fulton had a busted some rib cartiledge.

No needle will fix that

hybrid_tiger

Coach
have we got any accurate info on how long Fulton will be out???

Nope, we won't get it either.

The club already lied twice about Fulton's injury and why he didn't play on Sunday.

He was "ill all week." :sarcasm:

That's why there was no standby player named...

What a joke.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Once again there is no accountability for the off field staff, how many missed jabs does it take to get the sack?

gronkathon

First Grade
Supposedly the needle punctured his lung.....

You can also add the Ryan O'Hara miss diagnoses to the list

O'Hara was diagnosed correctly.

The operation undertaken by a speialist not affiliated with the club was not a success

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
O'Hara was diagnosed correctly.

The operation undertaken by a speialist not affiliated with the club was not a success
Yeah, he needed a heart transplant, but unfortunately his body kept rejecting them, so they ended up leaving him as a heartless softcock

westie

Bench
You, are unbelievable. The dude was the only bloke running into the meat of the opposition pack at the time. Sure, he got belted doing it by himself, but he took some defenders with him and gave our other pansies a free run on the next tackle. All the while blokes like you were talking up niff nuffs like CH who only ever ran at the markers.

macnaz

Staff member
lol.. And he fitted the bill nicely for a tigers bargain basement purchase.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Sat next to Ryan O'hara in the grandstand at Leichhardt one Sunday when he wasn't in the squad. Let me just say that by listening into his insight into the game and what he thought of his own team mates "Good Riddance to bad rubbish". Overpriced and over rated. Way better off without him.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
O'Hara also smoked a pack a day, I believe. Some of you would die if you found out what we were paying him.

westie, no argument from me about Heighington running into the markers, this sh*ts me to tears. He would be so more effective just trying to run in between players rather than straight at them.

Bricey

Juniors
The problem with this is that there is so many vairables that need to be taken into consideration. Length of needle, gauge of needle, drug administed, volume of drug used and so on.

To have a "pain killing injection" that players are provided with is more than likely a local anaesthetic injection around the casing of the nerve, not directly into the nerve itself. The nerve is then suspended in the local anaesthetic providing a loss of sensation. The volume of the drug used is then the determining factor as to the effectivness of the nerve block. The more that is given, the larger the loss of sensation and the length of time that the block will act increases.

There is no such thing as a magic needle that will eliminate the pain of one genrealised area and not effect other parts of the body. The nerve in your hip for example is also connected to your knee and foot. By injecting the nerve in the hip, the loss of sensation will also extend down the connecting nerves and effect the whole limb. Thats why you had the vision of Robbie Farrah belting his thigh to get the feeling back.

every procedure also has side effects. One of these to block a sternum injury would be for the needle to penetrate a little to far and also penetrate the lung. Its uncommon, but it can happen.

What surprises me is that we dont hear about this sort of thing more often across all clubs

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You, are unbelievable. The dude was the only bloke running into the meat of the opposition pack at the time. Sure, he got belted doing it by himself, but he took some defenders with him and gave our other pansies a free run on the next tackle. All the while blokes like you were talking up niff nuffs like CH who only ever ran at the markers.
fap fap fap

westie

Bench
Please, do tell me again of CH's Kangaroo potential. Up there with Glenn Stewart for over-rated plodders.

westie

Bench
Sat next to Ryan O'hara in the grandstand at Leichhardt one Sunday when he wasn't in the squad. Let me just say that by listening into his insight into the game and what he thought of his own team mates "Good Riddance to bad rubbish". Overpriced and over rated. Way better off without him.

Masco quotes Farah this week suggesting he thought the club (and obviously many of the players) were backwards - even saying he decided to leave. Quite frankly, any bloke who wasn't satisfied with being sh*t is fine by me.

b.bear

Juniors
Yeah this guy is a bit sus' you can add fulton to the list of medical mysteries which includes tuiaki and to many others .... sounds like this guy graduated with Dr patel(on trial in Queensland) and Dr Murray (jacko's Dr) ....

Latest posts