What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kicking off at 8.35pm is a great idea.

You are not wrong. When Souths played the Titans last week at ANZ it didn't kick off till 8.30 and the crowd that night was a poor 10,943. On Friday night when the Dragons played the Cowboys it was another late kickoff and it pulled a smallish crowd of 13,000.

But in saying that about the Titans crowd, attendances for Titans games at Skilled Stadium have dropped off since 2008. And even though its still early days they seem to be dropping even more this season

Frailty

First Grade
And what stupid logic lies behind that? If Warriors v NQ jag 15 k, how does that prove support for the Bears? By that logic, last years prelim final between Parra and Canterbury would mean a future Homebush side would have heaps of fans!

Ummm... I think what the poster meant was that it was simply Manly and Newcastle fans travelling for an hour to get there, where as Warriors and Nth Qld would have very few travelling fans. This means the majority should be locals..

Unlike you're preliminary finals example.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Dragons crowd was fantastic tbh.

Dragons v Cowboys @ WIN Stadium:
2010 - 13,267 (Fri 8:35pm)
2009 - 11,374 (Sun 3:00pm)
2008 - 11,639 (Sat 7:30pm)
2007 - 10,232 (Sat 5:30pm)
2006 - 13,289 (Sat 7:30pm)
2004 - 10,524 (Sat 7:30pm)
2002 - 7,987 (Sat 7:30pm)
2001 - 9,583 (Sun 2:30pm)
2000 - 6,024 (Sat 3:00pm)

Source: http://nrl.has.it

So going back over the last ten years, it's second only to 2006, and even then only by about 20 people. Not a great crowd by any measure, don't get me wrong, but against the Cowboys it's a fantastic draw.

Timmah

Staff member
Neither am I. Half the crowd anywhere else would have half the members here demanding a new team, but unless Bluetongue sells out every week for whatever random combination of teams go up there then a CC team has no hope.
Exactly right. What a load of tripe some of the people here manage to dish out. Whilstever Rugby League continues to outdraw the already established code at the same ground - the Mariners (who averaged about 7k in 2009/10 from memory) - by almost double with every RL crowd at the ground, then it's firm evidence the region is screaming out for a team (should I mention the 18k who packed the place out for the double header?).

For the record, there is a CC Bears bay allocated for the Souths/Newcastle game at the same venue in two weeks from now, the Bunnies have graciously allowed the bidding team to use the game as a "wear red and black" day.

Obviously, not just about Singo, but feel free to pick and choose what bits you feel like reading.
:lol: A Manly fan bitching about the Central Coast... what a surprise. The fact your pathetic club continues to bring games to Bluetongue is a kick in the teeth to local residents. No wonder Souths usually get better crowds here.

Timmah

Staff member
Friday night was ridiculous. Normally takes us just on 2 hours to get from Gosford to Wollongong, on Friday it was just short of 3.

LRC

21,318 for Parra/Wests
13,267 for Saints
11,521 on the GC
11,024 at CUA stadium
12,138 for the Sea Eagles

apart from the first one they're all pretty average

lets see Bullscum/Easts and Broncos/Warriors get some good crowds today!!!

Whats with the Titans home crowds.
We kept hearing before they came in that this is a LEague strong hold etc...and we keep hearing about how well they are run etc.

But quite frankly, their crowds are very average.

There is always a lot of empty seats around the place.

Maybe my expectations are too high?
Maybe there are alot of league fans up ont he GC but they are transplanted and already have alegiances.

But surely they should be getting bigger crowds.

The AFL team will get bigger crowds.(heaps of ex vics up there)

I believe the ticket price is way too high for the decent seats...but I think that applies to all clubs.

Whats the vibe??

Teddyboy

First Grade
Whats with the Titans home crowds.
We kept hearing before they came in that this is a LEague strong hold etc...and we keep hearing about how well they are run etc.

But quite frankly, their crowds are very average.

There is always a lot of empty seats around the place.

Maybe my expectations are too high?
Maybe there are alot of league fans up ont he GC but they are transplanted and already have alegiances.

But surely they should be getting bigger crowds.

The AFL team will get bigger crowds.(heaps of ex vics up there)

I believe the ticket price is way too high for the decent seats...but I think that applies to all clubs.

Whats the vibe??
Didn't the AFL team get bigger crowds then the Gold Coast League team back in the 80's.
If the AFL GC team get's bigger crowds then the Titans then maybe the Titans should move to a better part of Queensland.

Timmah

Staff member
The Titans crowds have been great up until now.

Now I believe the poor scheduling and expensive ticket prices are killing their crowd figures.

We do have to remember too that Canberra isn't exactly a massive drawcard.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
was the the titans raiders game...and the stadium was less than half full. they dont exactly get behind their team that much either, no atmosphere. loved the fact you could get a beer at halftime and go for a leak without lining up though, was a first.

the 8.30 kickoff on a saturday night probably didnt help things either...not exactly a family friendly time

beave

Coach
Their ticket prices are waaaaay too expensive, but I wouldn't be blaming the titans solely, I'm sure the MSFA who charge the rent for Skilled are probably charging an arm and a leg for the stadium usage, the Titans probably can't help but pass it onto their fans.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Always remember going to the Gold Coast for New Years Eve week for the big 2000 party and all i saw on the beach at the holiday/festive time was people in there early 20's chucking Rugby balls about but yet saw 2 guys doing the AFL kick and catch.
Gold Coast got to be a League place(saying that i have see better Surf in Ireland).

Coaster

Bench
Always remember going to the Gold Coast for New Years Eve week for the big 2000 party and all i saw on the beach at the holiday/festive time was people in there early 20's chucking Rugby balls about but yet saw 2 guys doing the AFL kick and catch.
Gold Coast got to be a League place(saying that i have see better Surf in Ireland).

Yeah because being on the beach New years eve is a true reflection of the locals, i dont believe any tourists go there at all :?

Coaster

Bench
was the the titans raiders game...and the stadium was less than half full. they dont exactly get behind their team that much either, no atmosphere.

Umm where were u sitting, because the northern end was going off all night, even on the replay you could here the drums and chants.

The prices are too high, and i have seen first hand many supporters who originally bought eastern or western stand seats, change there memberships to the northern end as they are cheaper.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Umm where were u sitting, because the northern end was going off all night, even on the replay you could here the drums and chants.

The prices are too high, and i have seen first hand many supporters who originally bought eastern or western stand seats, change there memberships to the northern end as they are cheaper.

we were near the sideline by the 'so-called' corporate boxes.

could hardly hear the northern end, maybe for 5 sec you could make out a drum beat, but then silence after that. no offence but your chants could hardly be heard.
you may hear it on the replay, but that is no indication to what you hear at the stadium.
the crowds that go to the titans are a fickle bunch

user_nat

Coach
Looks like Brisbane might get a pretty average crowd today. Ticketek site doesn't look brilliant, and the weather won't help with walkups. Brisbane hasn't pulled a good Sunday crowd in awhile (apart from the night game in R26 last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.