What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Knights

abpanther

Staff member
Sorry guys my mistake, posted wrong team, will put it up soon...

Last edited:

bigfoot

Juniors
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Brad Tighe
6. Luke Lewis
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nigel Plum
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Joseph Paulo
Interchange
14. Sam McKendry
15. Matthew Bell
16. Masada Iosefa
17. Nathan Smith
18. Frank Puletua
19. Shane Elford

*sigh*
Knights by 30.

abpanther

Staff member
Man that backrow is horrible!!!

How can Waterhouse still be out, he only just failed a late fitness test last week and now has a 9 day turnaround???

Tighe should be in the centres no Purtell, they're gonna bomb him all night long...

franklin2323

Immortal
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Brad Tighe
6. Luke Lewis
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nigel Plum
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Joseph Paulo
Interchange
14. Sam McKendry
15. Matthew Bell
16. Masada Iosefa
17. Nathan Smith
18. Frank Puletua
19. Shane Elford

*sigh*
Knights by 30.

x2. Rubbish team. At least Elford's gone. I thought Graham or Burns was close to playing Hopefully next week

bigfoot

Juniors
Positives:
Elford gone.

Negatives:
Tighe on the wing instead of centre
Purtell at centre instead of on the wing
Lewis at 5/8
Paulo at lock. Hopefully he's learned to catch since last week
Waterhouse still not back
Worst backrow in history
Nathan Smith on the bench. Unless he starts and plays 80 it's a wasted spot.

6. Lewis vs 6. Mullen :shock:

griffo346

First Grade
im actually surprised that smith isn't starting we need him to start and play the 80 mins

this is were we need a play maker as back up maybe iosfea to start at 5/8 and lewis in the back row

franklin2323

Immortal
im actually surprised that smith isn't starting we need him to start and play the 80 mins

this is were we need a play maker as back up maybe iosfea to start at 5/8 and lewis in the back row

Elliott never plays them as they are listed. I expect Tighe and Purtell to switch around and Smith to start prob in Plum's place

griffo346

First Grade
i would leave plum there but put paulo on bench for smith to start

iosefa into 5/8 and lewis into second row replacing gavin cooper

betcats

Referee
Smith will start im guessing. Our Backrow has gone from one of the best to the worst is three weeks. I hate injuries.

shags

Juniors
Whats the go with House??? Named 3 weeks in a row and doesn't play then just fails a fitness test, 9 day turnaround and isn't named. Is ME playing ducks and drakes with the knights??? Will he play on monday???

franklin2323

Immortal
Whats the go with House??? Named 3 weeks in a row and doesn't play then just fails a fitness test, 9 day turnaround and isn't named. Is ME playing ducks and drakes with the knights??? Will he play on monday???

Well at the game on Sat night he told me he was 90%. If it was origin or Finals or something he would of played so it's got me stuffed. Burns isn't too far away either a bit of luck they both play on Monday and our team is heaps stronger.

Also Graham seemed to be passing the ball strongly at warm ups, him, Tighe, Burns passing and running the ball very strongly. Prob just needs the clearance to resume contact before lining up

debbie02

Juniors
side definately won't run out that way. paulo dropped, nathan smith to starting lock, puletua onto the bench. probably will use bell in the 2nd row, he's more likely to break the line than gavin cooper is at least -_-.

tighe to centre, purtell to wing, which i'm hoping will be long term, keeps the turtle out of the centres where he had been woeful. utilize his height and leap under the high ball, pass the ball to jennings and DO NOT kick early in the count one L.Walsh.

injuries have struck us hard, but surely we wont play as poorly as last week, the only way is up, penrith to win in a close one.

Kilkenny

Coach
Mrs Kilkenny and I are in the Hunter Valley this Saturday night to see James Taylor & Carole King in concert. Originally planned to stay over an extra night to attend the game against the Knights but after the last two weeks performances we no longer intend to subject ourselves to such torture. I don't know what the final margin will be but it will surely be two points to the Knights.

murraymob

Coach
Mrs Kilkenny and I are in the Hunter Valley this Saturday night to see James Taylor & Carole King in concert. Originally planned to stay over an extra night to attend the game against the Knights but after the last two weeks performances we no longer intend to subject ourselves to such torture. I don't know what the final margin will be but it will surely be two points to the Knights.

will you be taking fibro with you :lol:

Pepps

Juniors
We've got some very tired, average players. I'm not a fan of Gavin Cooper, get rid of him, I like Nathan smith he should be starting, plum seems to be a decent player, not sure on Paulo he doesn't seem ready! We need Lewis back at lock with Graham
at 5/8 while burns is out. When is franky pritchard due back?

pantherz9103

First Grade
The only way I can see us winning is if Newcastle play poorly. I really doubt they will in front of their home crowd who will turn up in numbers on an Easter Monday. Too many ordinary players in our team drags the whole standard down. The backrow offers '0' in attack, the halves have no fluidity and the likes of Jennings and Gordon are playing within themselves. I just hope its better than last year in Round 26.

Kilkenny

Coach
We are only in Round 4 and if the unconfirmed media news Jennings is now under an injury cloud we are in serious trouble.

So much for our increased depth.

It now appears both our most potent attacking weapons in Pritchard and Jennings will be sidelined Matthew Elliot must surely throw caution to the wind and not take the defensive option. He must surely bring in players who may be able to create things in offence. The steady as she goes more defensive selections are not likely to achieve a much need two points against the Knights. Fortune favours the brave and it may just be time to throw caution to the wind.

Fibroman

First Grade
I have never seen a slight quad strain keep a player out for 3 weeks before, let alone the entire season. Things must be amiss with the house?