What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels fume as Fuifui Moimoi wavers on deal

lucablight

First Grade
PARRAMATTA officials are furious about Fuifui Moimoi being linked to rival clubs in the face of an agreement from the star prop to extend his contract another two years.

Eels CEO Paul Osborne broke the good news about Moimoi's new deal last December after Moimoi knocked back interest from England to stay on. But although he has verbally agreed and sighted each page of his new contract, Moimoi has still not signed on the dotted line.

That has opened the door for Moimoi's new manager Isaac Moses to accept expressions of interest from rivals about securing the international wrecking ball next season. The Bulldogs and Warriors are two possibles, with the former on the lookout to replace homesick prop Ben Hannant and the latter based in Auckland where Moimoi's partner and children live.

The shock development came as crushing news for Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo, whose family went to great lengths to support Moimoi when he first arrived at Parramatta as an unwanted journeyman six years ago.

When contacted yesterday, Moses downplayed the chances of Moimoi leaving but did confirm that he intended to meet with Osborne to discuss the situation this week.

Now aged 30, Moimoi understands the next two years are his last genuine chance to secure a big payday for his young family before retirement. But on the other hand he loves the Eels and is loath to upset the likes of Spagnolo, who have supported him when no one else did.

link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...i-wavers-on-deal/story-e6frexnr-1225847680242

Binga

Juniors
Why the hell would they announce a re-siginging if they haven't actually signed. In saying that it would be poor form if fui did sign somewhere else after giving his word. But then again i feel it would have been the manager telling fui to hold off signing, he obviously wants more comission.

bartman

Immortal
Isaac Moses (like a lot of player managers) sounds like a real merkin.... Didn't we have trouble about Fuifui supposedly signing with the Storm as well as us last contract time?

Fathead

Bench
Moses is just doing his job. he cant help it if the club is stupid and announces the signature without the player actually signing.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I suspect that announcing it is a smart idea because it corners him to not back out. He agreed, club announces he agrees and now because of public pressure cant back out.

Stagger eel

Staff member
mmmmmm!!! ok...here goes.

*to the tune of the twillight zone*

around about the time Burty was announced, officially, I was chatting to a mate of mine with some contacts at the club, and I kinda asked him why would they hold off in announcing the signing this long, when he agreed weeks ago? and his reaction was..well!! that's because Burt actually signed the contract yesterday...I then asked, ok what about Fui??..he then just smiled and said..he's NOT! signed, I then asked the question, why did the CEO reveal to the press that these guys have signed (or agreed to terms) and he then said, as Tezz predicted, to paint them in a corner, I was then told that the method used by Ossie didn't go down too well on the players..and who can blame them?

if Fui doesn't re-sign, what an embarrasment that would be to the club and Ossie...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Isaac Moses (like a lot of player managers) sounds like a real merkin.... Didn't we have trouble about Fuifui supposedly signing with the Storm as well as us last contract time?

as much as i don't like Moses, it wasn't him, I'm pretty sure from memory his manager back then was one of the Orr brothers, not sure which one.

natheel

Coach
so now fui is 'linked' to the dogs now hahaha

well if he doesnt sign id say this frees up some money to sign a prop

Stagger eel

Staff member
so now fui is 'linked' to the dogs now hahaha

well if he doesnt sign id say this frees up some money to sign a prop

ofcourse he's linked to the dogs, Greenberg is absolutely nailing us right now and putting us in a position to try and pay overs so they can pick up both Mateo and KK, which I think they will.

natheel

Coach
ofcourse he's linked to the dogs, Greenberg is absolutely nailing us right now and putting us in a position to try and pay overs so they can pick up both Mateo and KK, which I think they will.

well looks like they will pick up 1 of them. i think mateo will sign a decent deal with us (not overs)

Stagger eel

Staff member
well looks like they will pick up 1 of them. i think mateo will sign a decent deal with us (not overs)

they will definitely pick up 1, no doubt in my mind...the other is touch and go...that also doesn't mean that other clubs don't come into the picture.

natheel

Coach
yeh exactly, i guess theyre FINALLY paying us back for the Dymock, Pay and McCracken signings??? hahaha

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeh exactly, i guess theyre FINALLY paying us back for the Dymock, Pay and McCracken signings??? hahaha

well they signed Bobcat illegaly and were allowed to keep him, then signed Tonga and both won a premiership with them that was enough punishment imo...:lol:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
mmmmmm!!! ok...here goes.

*to the tune of the twillight zone*

around about the time Burty was announced, officially, I was chatting to a mate of mine with some contacts at the club, and I kinda asked him why would they hold off in announcing the signing this long, when he agreed weeks ago? and his reaction was..well!! that's because Burt actually signed the contract yesterday...I then asked, ok what about Fui??..he then just smiled and said..he's NOT! signed, I then asked the question, why did the CEO reveal to the press that these guys have signed (or agreed to terms) and he then said, as Tezz predicted, to paint them in a corner, I was then told that the method used by Ossie didn't go down too well on the players..and who can blame them?

if Fui doesn't re-sign, what an embarrasment that would be to the club and Ossie...

;-) I know more then I let on most of the time. Because RL is such a scattered arena (as in, there are too many people with control and power and that alot of different bits of info leaked out go through a Chinese Whispers effect) I dont join in on the act saying this or that will happen. I will occasionally say I have heard ''this'' and ''that'' through the grapevine, but only if im comfident in what is being said.

This KK agreeing to the Dogs rumour is gaining speed though. Makes sense too, Parra have 3 1st grade halves and a shortage of back rowers. Therefore Parra need back rowers. KK = Half, Mateo = back rower. Its the logic being thrown around.

I do know the club is in negotiations with both KK and Mateo, but if they were to suddenly lose one, they would up the ante on the other immediately.

Havent heard a peep about Grothe and or Inu, and tbh, this is the first iv heard of the Fui Fui thing too, but perhaps no one was supposed to hear about Fui not actually signing.

ROGUE

Juniors
as much as i don't like Moses, it wasn't him, I'm pretty sure from memory his manager back then was one of the Orr brothers, not sure which one.
Yeah was gavin orr to be precise, and on the fui thing well the honeymoon is well and truly over with ossie

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
why dont the Bulldogs just move into Parra stadium and call themselves the Canterbury Eels, they idolize us and our players so much

if Fui does go, we should get John Mannah back in the blue and gold

Gronk

Staff member
I'm a firm believer that the salary cap for most teams (yes Storm seem to be an exception) allows you to build up to a point where you reach your potential. You have an optimal period of one or maybe two years where you can win the comp. Your players have the experience and are playing for under what they are worth. Thereafter the salary cap pulls your team apart due to good performances and contract renewals taking a lot of your players out of your squad. Our years are 2009 & 2010. We are now at the top of the sine wave curve people and will start to drop in 2011. It's now or nothing IMO.

sinewave.gif

bartman

Immortal
Ok fair enough.... all player managers are grubs in my opinion - there are far better ways imo that many of them could go about doing their "jobs".

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not a good way to do buisness Ossie, and player managers are just leeches making money of other peoples talent.

Latest posts