What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing thread on 2010 NFL Draft prospects

Big Tim

First Grade
I liked the look of TCU LB Darryl Washington.... he seemed to be able to do everything. Unlike alot of "name" players, he stepped up big time and was a part of the game.

I liked what I saw from Hughes, but I think they actually used him as a bit of a decoy sometimes. Shows that he could adapt to an NFL defense where he will be responsible for his edge.

Tom155

Coach
Angerer and Washington play great every time i see them but never seem to get the hype others do. Both very underated

Last edited:

coach

Here is what the Dallas Morning news thought of Dez Bryants Pro Day performance

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...owboys/stories/033110dnspotaylor.3910591.html

Dez Bryant's pro day workout is OK, but questions over maturity linger

[SIZE=-1]09:11 PM CDT on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Column by JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News | jjtaylor@dallasnews.com

Jean-Jacques Taylor

LUFKIN, Texas – On Tuesday, more than a dozen teams gathered in this East Texas town to watch Dez Bryant show them he was worth the millions they have to invest in the draft's most talented receiver.
He did OK.

He impressed the teams, including the Cowboys and head coaches Mike Singletary (49ers), Pete Carroll (Seahawks) and Mike McCarthy (Packers) with his 38-inch vertical jump, 11-1 broad jump and his sculpted 224-pound frame with 4 percent body fat.

He caught the ball well but did not run better than 4.52 in three 40-yard sprints.

Bryant also struggled with the shuttle drill, which is all about change of direction.

Five times, he did it. Five times, he slipped. At one point, Singletary walked over to one of Bryant's advisors and suggested a change in shoes.
Bryant had plenty of options because he brought eight pairs of shoes to the workout so he could wear specific shoes for the vertical jump, broad jump, 40-yard dash and receiver drills.

Later, after a brief discussion with an Under Armour representative, Bryant changed into a pair of Nikes and completed the drill without incident.
Bryant has not played football since Sept. 19 because of an NCAA suspension for lying about his relationship with Deion Sanders.

No questions exist about Bryant's talent but teams have plenty of questions about his maturity.

Bryant answered a few of them Tuesday but not all. Until he does, where he goes on draft day remains a mystery.

Big Tim

First Grade
Someone will nab him high..... probably a team with most spots covered and a late first early 2nd.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Some of his tape is flat out sick. If the Bucs somehow miss out on the top 2 DT's, they should trade down and draft Bryant to give Josh Freeman some needed help.

coach

Colt McCoy Killed for Pro Scouts

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/03/colt-mccoy-killed-it-for-pro-scouts.html

Two days after the Oklahoma quarterback impressed scouts by completing 62-of-63 throws, UT's Colt McCoy threw publicly for the first time since he injured in shoulder in the national championship game.

He threw 55 passes and none touched the turf.

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time,'' McCoy said. "I wanted to throw bad at the combine. The doctors wouldn't let me throw. So I've just really been preparing for this, and I thought I went out and killed it today.
"When you go 100 percent, there's really not much you do wrong. I felt like today was really good.''

Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy watched Bradford on Monday and was present for McCoy's exhibition today. His thoughts on the two:

"I like this workout better from the fact, I thought Colt was challenged more in his workouts as far as the type of throws,'' McCarthy said. "I thought in Sam's workout, he was very accurate, but Sam's workout was very controlled. He didn't do as much movement and as many driving throws, in my opinion.

"I thought Colt's workout was more challenging. He had the more down the field, driving type throws, which personally, I always look for because I think you get more information out of those.''