What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What chance the Rams trading there first round pick?

coach

The Rams need a lot of help all across the field. So what the chance they trade there #1 choice and grab a whole lot of picks later in the draft?

Some media talk that maybe the Redskins would be keen to get Bradford. They may be willing to give up a whole lot of picks.

dragonfire

Bench
of course they could want to trade out, but the requirements for a team to move into the #1 spot are way too much to really see this happen plus you have to factor in the contract amount for a #1. Would be surprised to see a team do this

Jono078

Referee
Yeah apparently the Redskins are keen to go #1.

Rams may get Jason Campbell, plus maybe Suh, McCoy, Okung.

kurt faulk

Coach

pretty minimal.

the rams have their franchise qb staring them in the face, they better not overthink it.

of course if the redskins get crazy and either suh or mccoy is sitting there at the #4 pick you never know.

but if the rams leave this draft without either bradford or suh it will be a complete failure.

now the 33rd pick, it's probably 100% going to be traded by the rams. some team will give them an offer they can't refuse.

Mal Meninga

Bench
The Rams cannot walk away from the draft without a franchise QB. They passed up Mark Sanchez and Matt Ryan for offensive and defensive lineman, and that has resulted in two top 2 picks. If you listen to Mel Kiper jr, Jimmy Clausen is a franchise QB... If the Rams are crazy enough to go that route and pick up atleast a 3rd + 4th/5th and a 1st next year.... It could happen.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The greatest show on turf...it wasnt such a long time ago..back then Marc Bulger had some talent and talent around him! Rams should just draft offensive players like they used to do! I dont see the need for the skins to trade up, especially considering there targets are likely to remain. Most often there is always a player outside the top 10 that gets picked in the top 5.

abpanther

Staff member
They need a franchise QB, they have a shot at one, I don't anticipate them passing up that opportunity nor anyone else paying a King's ransom to move up...

Raider_69

Post Whore
If the Rams draft McCoy (even in the 4th and beyond) over Bradford or Clausen, the NFL should shut their franchise down.

agreed
if they are that keen to get out of the #1 pick, trade it away to the skins for the 4th pick and 3rd or something... they can get Clausen and still pick up and extra pick

taking McCoy over Bradford or Clausen if they can help it is absolutely insane

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yep, and the Rams are at the top of that list ;-)

Exactly, they've passed on some real decent QB's in the last few years... if they think Bradford is a franchise QB, and i see no reason why they wouldnt think that, they CAN NOT pass on him.

Last edited:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith and the forever immortal Ryan Leaf...those names alone scare teams struggling and looking for the next big QB.. I personally think the Rams cannot get a franchise QB and expect him to start and play well. Aaron Rodgers sat out 2 seasons before starting a game..he actually had the chance to study the game properly and learn from someone like Favre.

If the rams draft one of these QB's and they watch someone like Bulger..is it really doing them good? the Rams suck. The draft isnt what is going to save them, its Free Agency.

David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith and the forever immortal Ryan Leaf...those names alone scare teams struggling and looking for the next big QB.. I personally think the Rams cannot get a franchise QB and expect him to start and play well. Aaron Rodgers sat out 2 seasons before starting a game..he actually had the chance to study the game properly and learn from someone like Favre.

If the rams draft one of these QB's and they watch someone like Bulger..is it really doing them good? the Rams suck. The draft isnt what is going to save them, its Free Agency.

Elway, Manning, Testaverde, Palmer, Bledsoe, Aikman....

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I know, lol..for every negative there is a positive. I just think the best chance the rams have of making a franchise qb is to have him sit out and learn the game, i just cant see a rookie qb learning sitting behind the qb's at the rams.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Rodgers actually sat for 3 seasons. And even when handed the starting role, the Packers decided to draft Brohm in the 2nd round. Imagine if he started for the 2-14 trainwreck 49ers? His confidence would've been shot like David Carr.

Rivers sat for 2 seasons while AJ Smith turned the team from a perennial 3-5 win team into a contender.
Pamler sat for 1 whole season.

2k2 - That is the exact problem facing the Rams. The coaches know they cannot sit a $40 million guaranteed contract.. The Lions couldn't do it and Stafford was constantly injured.

Raider_69

Post Whore
And i think you'll eventually see another guy who's sat with the clipboard in hand learning the game, who will eventually become an elite QB in the league - Kevin Kolb.

Sitting a QB is a very good idea, even for a year... it helps them transition much better. Let them learn the game first... but your right, teams like the Rams cant afford to sit a 1st over all pick behind some nuffie for years... thats why i think the Rams should try and make a deal for Donavan McNabb, he'll sign an extension for the rams, even for 2-3 years, then either this year or next year, draft your guy and let him sit behind McNabb for a few years

Tom155

Coach
And i think you'll eventually see another guy who's sat with the clipboard in hand learning the game, who will eventually become an elite QB in the league - Kevin Kolb.

Sitting a QB is a very good idea, even for a year... it helps them transition much better. Let them learn the game first... but your right, teams like the Rams cant afford to sit a 1st over all pick behind some nuffie for years... thats why i think the Rams should try and make a deal for Donavan McNabb, he'll sign an extension for the rams, even for 2-3 years, then either this year or next year, draft your guy and let him sit behind McNabb for a few years
elite? not sure about that there is some massive wraps on this guy we will see if he lives up to the hype