What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your team v Bunnies

Misanthrope

Staff member
That's my problem with Kurt as fullback. He's so busy being a defacto play maker that he's not able to do the support play that you'd ideally like your fullback to be doing.

Jono078

Referee
I don't think it's time for positional changes but more for the guys who just havnt been up to standard.

Those being Vuna, Fa'aoso, Tolar and Naiqama.

Obviously we don't have much option in the halves.

perverse

Referee
That's my problem with Kurt as fullback. He's so busy being a defacto play maker that he's not able to do the support play that you'd ideally like your fullback to be doing.
that's a fair criticism... but i don't really think mcdonnell adds much in attack, certainly as far as support play goes either really.
I don't think it's time for positional changes but more for the guys who just havnt been up to standard.

Those being Vuna, Fa'aoso, Tolar and Naiqama.
yep, those are the blokes i chose to drop... and a few others on notice too i would hope.

Last edited:

BG

Juniors
1. McDonnell
2. Uate
3. Sau
4. Doogs
5. Vuna
6. Gids
7. Mullo
8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Tui
11. Patto
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Taufua
15. Simmo
16. Faas (On notice, but was good enough last year to earn extended chance)
17/(18) Tolar/Ciraldo (both should improve as get more game time under their belts)

We've been disappointing and need to do something, however, I don't believe in making too many changes simultaneously. Mullo/Gids is the experiment I feel we should try at this stage, then reassess. Also, may realistically have to expect Gids to take a couple of weeks to find his groove. (It's rare for a player to miss the start of the season and hit the ground running in their first NRL game of the year.)

aqua_duck

Coach
McDonnell is a non factor in attack, really adds nothing IMo and his f**k up at the beginning of the 2nd half pretty much got the panthers the momentum they needed

Misanthrope

Staff member
McDonnell is a non factor in attack, really adds nothing IMo and his f**k up at the beginning of the 2nd half pretty much got the panthers the momentum they needed

His return yardage isn't half bad, and the kid breaks tackles like you wouldn't think a guy his size could.

Johns Magic

Referee
The huge flaw in McDonnell's game is his inept ballplaying. Every time we get it wide on a second man play when attacking the opposition's line and McDonnell gets it with the winger and centre in space outside him he sh*ts his pants and doesn't throw the pass.

Really stifles our attack.

andrew057

First Grade
I thought Vuna had been pretty decent so far this season. That said I havent watched as closely as you guys would have.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The huge flaw in McDonnell's game is his inept ballplaying. Every time we get it wide on a second man play when attacking the opposition's line and McDonnell gets it with the winger and centre in space outside him he sh*ts his pants and doesn't throw the pass.

Really stifles our attack.

Yep, this is what I have noticed too. He was a real momentum killer for us against Manly and more often than not dies with the ball with space outside him.

Having said that, he has been solid under the high ball (barring one blemish yesterday), great as our last line defender and excellent at making metres on kick returns.

If we cant keep him at fullback then he needs to be ahead of Vuna on the wing.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Doesn't matter who we name - if our defence in the middle third of the field is as awful as it has been in recent weeks, we're wasting our time. We need to tighten that up, or Isaac Luke will run riot ...

Yosh

Coach
So far I think:

1. Kidley
2. Uate
5. Vuna

6. Mullen
7. Dureau

8. Cross
9. De Gois
11. Zebie
12. Patto

14. Hilder

We need Kidley back hard.

Uate has been on fire.

Junior Sau is a myth. That's right. I think he is a myth. What centre in the freakening NRL does not know how to set up his winger? Does nothing esle now. Vuna was pretty bad himself but can't blame him he was outside Sau.

Tuimavae/Tolar/Faoso/Simpson are not up to scratch. Simmo and Tui were okay but need to do more dirty work and just do the hard yards more. But Tolar and Faoso defeintaely look jaded, which is funny because its only round 4.

Zeb Taia and Patto on the fringes is a good combinatoin if you ask me. Simmo if he comes back has to move back into the middle, doesnt offer enough out wide anymore.

De Gois and Hilder are doing just fine and giving it their best week in week out. Champions.

Mullen took on the line 6 or 7 times yesterday and each time he made a half break at least. I like this. He was also running to the line before passing and in combinatoin with his running game he looked more dangerous. NOT dangerous but more dangerous then he had been before.

Dureau. Kicking game is good. Passing game is atrocitous! Worst skill set I've seen in a halfback in a long long time. Did not hit anyone on the chest with a single pass all game.

roopy

Referee
Junior Sau is a myth. That's right. I think he is a myth. What centre in the freakening NRL does not know how to set up his winger? Does nothing esle now. Vuna was pretty bad himself but can't blame him he was outside Sau.
It needs to be said that Uate has double the try scoring rate outside Doogs that he had outside Sau.
If the winger outside Matt Gidley has the best gig in League, the guy outside Sau has the worst.

Yosh

Coach
It needs to be said that Uate has double the try scoring rate outside Doogs that he had outside Sau.
If the winger outside Matt Gidley has the best gig in League, the guy outside Sau has the worst.

Could say that about any good centre. Gaz made Best look like a quality winger, Inglis did it for years with Turner. Sau just isn't a good centre.

Chook Herron

Juniors
The only thing Sau has on his side is strength. Opposition outside backs can read him like an open book since they know he rarely passes the ball. So long as they take him in numbers or somone else throws a cut out pass straight to Vuna, the Knights can really only score on the other side of the field. Sau causes more problems for you than might intially think.