What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4, LU's South Sydney player of the match

Round 4, LU's South Sydney player of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rabs

Staff member
come on guys vote for Wesser
the guy is starting to get back into shape after a long layoff and if he gets injured again we'll miss him a lot

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
wish i could vote for everyone. no poor performers

crossman was good last night. looked like a man playing for his future, and i guess when you think about it he was. really hit the line hard. mcpherson could well be close to the best defender in our team right now

and champion is fast becoming the giant killer. first he makes rogers look second rate, then gallon, then a well in form morris. love to see it done by a junior

wesser was also outstanding. he was safe as houses under the high ball, and his kick returns were fantastic.

burgess played 70 minutes straight, in what i am sure is a ploy by lang to get him fit for the nrl faster... it appears to have worked.

even our halves did a good job, with only a couple of blunders from each of them

i guess my only critisism would go towards jason clarke, who continued his run of dropped ball and conceded penatlies. not sure if he will hold his spot when a few of our injured players return. i think because he only gets about 20 minutes on the field, he feels he needs to fit 80 minutes of footy in. just needs to settle himself... maybe a reggies stint would do him well

BPS

Juniors
3 Isaac Luke
2 Ben Lowe. awesome performance and I cannot believe no one has given him a vote
1 Asotasi had his best game of the year!

Big Sam

First Grade
isaac for me but ben lowe was superb again. could be an origin bolter for qld

hunters

Juniors
Isaac outstanding as was Burgess. I also voted Ben Lowe. This guy really has changed my opinion of him.

Zigwaa

Bench
Isaac Luke continues to amaze me the way he reads the ruck. That break he made in the first swung the momentum back in our favour after defending our line for 3 sets in a row. Great vision and speed to make it through the line.

Jason Clarke has to go. Those mistakes he made just aren't acceptable. If the game was in the balance it would have cost us victory. It's not just this game, he's done it regularly.

Great muscle show from our forwards. They have to do that week in week out at NRL level.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Isaac Luke continues to amaze me the way he reads the ruck. That break he made in the first swung the momentum back in our favour after defending our line for 3 sets in a row. Great vision and speed to make it through the line.

Jason Clarke has to go. Those mistakes he made just aren't acceptable. If the game was in the balance it would have cost us victory. It's not just this game, he's done it regularly.

Great muscle show from our forwards. They have to do that week in week out at NRL level.

yep. man of the match performance, and thats even when the refs were allowing the play the ball to be slowed dramatically

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Isaac's strength is equally phenomenal. He stings in defense and is extremely difficult to put to ground. Add in his vision, instincts, speed and aggression and you get a great little footballer.

I just can't for the life of me understand why he can't kick goals close to the posts.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Isaac's strength is equally phenomenal. He stings in defense and is extremely difficult to put to ground. Add in his vision, instincts, speed and aggression and you get a great little footballer.

I just can't for the life of me understand why he can't kick goals close to the posts.

yeh. it sounds ludicrous, but maybe sandow should take the easy ones, and luke the difficult ones

Zigwaa

Bench
I understand Isaac's reluctance to kick the close ones. When I'm goal kicking I find the easy ones have more pressure as you are expected to kick them and the hard ones it's understandable if you miss so there's less pressure.

That hit on Hickey too. The man weighs over 120kgs and he absoultely hammered him, completely ligitimate tackle by the way also. Harsh penalty.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I understand Isaac's reluctance to kick the close ones. When I'm goal kicking I find the easy ones have more pressure as you are expected to kick them and the hard ones it's understandable if you miss so there's less pressure.

That hit on Hickey too. The man weighs over 120kgs and he absoultely hammered him, completely ligitimate tackle by the way also. Harsh penalty.

back in my footy playing days i was a kicker too.. but i never had that problem. i treated every kick exactly the same. same set up, same mind set. if you simply aim to get it over the black dot every time, then nothing in your approach should change

big country

Juniors
what i saw yesterday was 17 mean,angry, hungry players wearing red n green wanting to tear the opposition to pieces - i wanna see this every week!!

Zigwaa

Bench
back in my footy playing days i was a kicker too.. but i never had that problem. i treated every kick exactly the same. same set up, same mind set. if you simply aim to get it over the black dot every time, then nothing in your approach should change

Yeah, true. Like golf.

Some players don't like that pressure of having to do it when it matters. That's why Darren Lockyer gave the goal kicking away.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Hahaha. I can grasp the theory behind Luke's nervousness ... I just can't believe a guy who does the remarkable on such a regular basis can feel pressured enough in an "easy" situation to actually bugger it up a good number of times. Even some of the goals he kicks from close look dusty.

Slightly off topic, what about Bryson's wild kick for goal? Hilarious.

Hahaha. I can grasp the theory behind Luke's nervousness ... I just can't believe a guy who does the remarkable on such a regular basis can feel pressured enough in an "easy" situation to actually bugger it up a good number of times. Even some of the goals he kicks from close look dusty.

Slightly off topic, what about Bryson's wild kick for goal? Hilarious.

I imagine it's more about boosting Sandow's confidence with a strong lead and releasing any further pressure from Issac after another BOOMING performance from the BEST hooker in the comp....additionally, Sandow is the backup goalkicker and needs some real time practice where possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts