What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All deals are off until you find form: Parra boss

ipswich eel

Juniors
I totally agree with this move by Ozzie. I think that contract negotiations are a distraction to the whole team at the moment. Postpone negotiations until later when they can demonstrate that they can firstly handle playing good footy. Also a public announcement shows both sponsors and fans that they are not going to stand around and do nothing.

For this action unfairly affecting some player's who have played well such as Grothe, well you need unity in a team and by singling them out individually would cause more problems than a team response to the situation.

As for players like Mateo who reportedly received an offer for $400,000 from the warriors and this decision maybe influencing him in going to the warriors, well I am sure that on curent form that offer will be dramatically reduced and as said previously it would weed out the players who do not really want to be here.

I would like to see the player's outside commitments reduced such as media commitments because the team seems to react negatively to the pressure placed on them by the media and last years run into the grandfinal. I like the way Wayne Bennett shelters his team from the media, allowing the players to focus on playing and just sending out Dell to do most of the media work last year.

Avenger

Immortal
Hindmarsh is pretty pissed with management mmmmmm

Hindmarsh has pissed me off lately. Perhaps he should shut the f**k up and concentrate on his own game. I get a feeling that in times like these he tends to unsettle and polarize the team.

IFR33K

Coach
This cant be a good move by the management.

Wouldn't dropping under performing players to wenty been a better wake up call????

First of all, Grothe and Inu have been in good form, and DO NOT warrant this treatment. Remember these guys arent cattle.

Second of all, the 4 named players may say to managemnt and eels, screw you's, we're signing with the warriors, as we have an offer from them.

Do you really think the warriors would still be willing to offer Mateo $400K, while he is running around in wenty.

Third and final, I smell a player revolt coming on, ala DA @ the warriors.

Avenger

Immortal
Screw 'em. If you can't stand the heat then don't ask for a bazillion dollar contract.

And I hate to say this, but...screw Hindy. The people that have a right to know about this are us - the fans. It's OUR football team, they play for US. The likes of DA and Osbourne have to justify themselves to US before anybody else.

If the players can't handle this being public then don't sign up for a public job. This isn't their private lives, this is about the football side of things and I have every right to know how my Club is acting in relation to contracts.

I'm scared you will add this to your sig for the third f**king time, but you are absolutely correct on this occasion.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Nope, your usual insane rantings about Haha are so annoying that I just want to tear your ears off and shove 'em up your anus so that you can hear me kick your arse.

I know what you mean. The funniest was when he tried to say that Burt's pass to Hayne to score that try against Manly was a bigger play the Hayne's actual run to set the whole thing up.

HJ is insane but even crazy merkins like him occasionally make sense.

Delboy

First Grade
oh, let me think, you are not meeting your expectations at work. behind budget, work skills seen lacking and you want a contract extension or a pay rise.

Amazing when you live in the real world, harden the fc#k up you bunch of pansies

Phil Gould once told the players at the Rorters, you complain about the job, try living at Penriff getting up at 4.30am, catching a freezing cold train to start work at 6.30...work your backside off for $700 per week, and get home after the kids have gone to bed. That's real work.

Hindy you are a legend, but go and tell the team we need some real passion, commitment, execution and intent, none of this ,,, oh I wish they hadn't.

Gee , makes you wonder sometimes

Nope, your usual insane rantings about Haha are so annoying that I just want to tear your ears off and shove 'em up your anus so that you can hear me kick your arse.

Sounds kinky.

Want me to PM you my phone number?
indiffheya.gif

Captain BF

Juniors
This is an interestingly aggressive ploy by Paul Osbourne. I hope it doesn't bite us in the bum later on though. If it does, I would assume Ozzy would be looking for a new job as well. Lets hope it gets the desired result.

84 Baby

Referee
And I hate to say this, but...screw Hindy.
F*ck that! Hindy has earned the right to express his view on the direction on the club. How many years, how many times has he saved the teams collective arse? Or been the one shining light in the sea of crap? He's certainly been here longer than DA or Ossie. Yeah he may be out of form but he has enough cred in the bank to say what he believes is the right thing.

Hindy's words may help polarise the whole team against management. Which will be good because then at least the team will be more together than they have so far this friggin season. Then again he and Ossie may lead to years of agony

Avenger

Immortal
F*ck that! Hindy has earned the right to express his view on the direction on the club. How many years, how many times has he saved the teams collective arse? Or been the one shining light in the sea of crap? He's certainly been here longer than DA or Ossie. Yeah he may be out of form but he has enough cred in the bank to say what he believes is the right thing.

Hindy's words may help polarise the whole team against management. Which will be good because then at least the team will be more together than they have so far this friggin season. Then again he and Ossie may lead to years of agony

Hindy still needs to win a premiership before he can go down that road. Just my view.

Last edited:
Speaking of editing, Avy, you should go back and check that last post of yours.

84, it's not about criticism of players form etc. It's about the fact that this is our team and no one else's. Not the coach's, not the CEO's, not any player's.

We're the ones who spends thousands every year following the team. We're the ones who travel to Newie, Canberra, Townsville, Auckland, Melbourne etc following this team. We're the ones who walk into work Monday morning with a large part of our week, a large part of our hierarchical status, decided by the result.

As such, when it comes to football matters we have a right to know before anyone else. The Club is answerable to us in how it is run and what it is doing with contracts.

Captain BF

Juniors
As such, when it comes to football matters we have a right to know before anyone else. The Club is answerable to us in how it is run and what it is doing with contracts.

Not trying to pick a fight here mate, but in your opinion, does this include wages? I would assume you would think that this part should remain private yes?

Redback71

First Grade
ah bugger it and you cant win with you lot. you wanted changes and maybe your about to get them.