What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New AMNRL team logos

clarency

Juniors
They aren't final though. Heard from Dave Nui that there are still some tweeks to be expected.

Still good though. I can't help but feel the focus and talking up of the "new" AMNRL is really just a distraction while the USNRL gets pushed further back from reality...

coach

They aren't final though. Heard from Dave Nui that there are still some tweeks to be expected.

Still good though. I can't help but feel the focus and talking up of the "new" AMNRL is really just a distraction while the USNRL gets pushed further back from reality...

Like get peoples minds on other things and hope they forget what you promised but failed to deliver.

Nui would make a good politician.

roopy

Referee
Like get peoples minds on other things and hope they forget what you promised but failed to deliver.

Nui would make a good politician.
Do you think he might get some brownie points for starting a league and growing it every year for the last 13?
I'll take a shot at Nui when i've done more than that - next lifetime maybe.

RedVee

First Grade
Do you think he might get some brownie points for starting a league and growing it every year for the last 13?
Agree, it cannot be an easy gig.

juro

Bench
My favourites are Boston, Pittsburgh and New York. Philadelphia and Fairfax are good too. Probably least favourite are Aston and Jacksonville. I really liked the old Jacksonville one...

clarency

Juniors

Don't get me wrong he has worked wonders in the US for rugby league.

But at the same time he is thinking a bit over his head on this one. I'd rather see a larger focus on developing AMNRL than attempting to create a whole new "pro" league.

It's going to be a very long time before a rugby league competition enters the US that is of the same quality as the Super League/NRL.

coach

You are right he has done a great job with the AMNRL and he deserves all the "brownie points" he has recieved for that.

But his problem was that he didn't just try for a bridge too far with the NRLUS, he tried for a 1,000 bridges too far.

Jankuloski

Juniors
A lot of them are pretty bad. Vipers and Boston look good, but northern raiders is way too cartonish, fight and Axemen are a major step down from the current logos.

It doesn't at all seem like it's been done by the same people that have done the new AMNRL logo.

The Tank

Bench
I like the Eagles logo. Reminds me of Germany. That'd make a nice logo for the national team.

Can't really see the point of changing all of them. Some of the old ones were better. The only ones that really needed changing were the ones that were too similar to NRL logos. They mostly look okay though.

skrabsta

Juniors
I think all the logos are a step up with the exception of the Fight, Axemen and Bulls, although the Bulls logo does seem to be very American and I suppose that is what they were after.

RedVee

First Grade
Think Slayers & Axemen went backwards. Love Vipers and Boston 13s, Aston Bulls is very cool with the A shaped bull.

Goddo

Bench
Boston 13s and Vipers look fantastic.

Bucks County, Connecticut and New Haven are easily the worst.

I am surprised only 3 clubs have logos on a shape (shield, circle, star).

Latest posts