What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Team For Rd 6 vs Eels

1. Wesser
2. Merritt
3. Best
4. Champion
5. Talanoa
6. Sutton
7. Sandow
8. Geddes
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Burgess
12. Taylor
13. Stuart

14. Crossman
15. McPherson
16. Crocker
17. Clarke

Roy Asotasi and Mick Crocker are in doubt but have been named anyway and will be monitored through the week

Ike E Bear

Juniors
One of the two games of the year that I actually don't want the Bunnies to win ... and I think they will.

The Eels have been especially weak up front in 2010 and the Bunnies have this monster pack that is seemingly getting better every week.

One of the two games of the year that I actually don't want the Bunnies to win ... and I think they will.

The Eels have been especially weak up front in 2010 and the Bunnies have this monster pack that is seemingly getting better every week.

with a cloud over Asotasi and Crocker it may not be quite the pack we would hope. With those two in and Pettybourne and Ross in the mix would be a sight to see.

Last edited:

MattJ

Juniors
Apparently Ross will try for another clearance on Thursday, if he gets the all clear he may get a bench spot, depending on wether or not Lang thinks he needs a week or 2 in the Norths side 1st.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
If Asotasi and Crocker were out it might make a little closer, but the fact then would be that the forward pack the Bunnies had on the injured list would be more fearsome than the Eels' pack with its current form.

Asotasi
[Hooker]
Ross
Pettybourne
Tyrrell
Crocker

Supporting the Eels has me in a funk. This might be the week that they finally wake up. I'm trying to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

At least there's no chance of both of my favourite teams going winless this weekend. I hate those weeks.

Well, the Bears are running last and their unassisted by Souths, Forwar pack of the last few weeks has been rubbish so I can't see a Bears player making the jump 1sts. We've seen how Clarke has been struggling to make the step up this year and I don't think any of the current crop of NYC forwards are as good as he was in that comp, so I can't see a solution coming from there.

May need to be a left field solution from Lang if we are to field a reasonable pack in the face of injury and suspension this week.

Colin Best has played some back row in his time, perhaps Simpson into the centres and Best into the back row? Otheriwse, you start messing with the idea of a Simpson or Capewell playing back there and I'm not a fan of that. The other option is Sutton to the back row and Capewell to 5/8, but I reckon you would struggle to hide both Capewell and Sandow in defence in the same team. To my reckoning, Falloon is still injured, otherwise you could put him in as a makeshift back rower. Ben Ross is apparently being assessed for clearance again on Thursday. Would be very handy if he could pull on the boots for us this week.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Clark only averaged 65 metres per game and plenty of missed tackles per game in his time in the U20s. These are only average stats at best even by U20s standards. To properly make the transition from U20s to NRL you need to be a standout player in U20s like Eddy Pettybourne and even he took time to settle in. Pettybourne used to make 148 metres a game in U20s and this went down to 75 metres a game in NRL in 2009. Clark has dropped from 65 metres a game to 18 metres in NRL. This just shows the huge class gap between U20s and NRL

The bad news is that Souths have no forwards in the current U20s who are churning out 148m a game like Pettybourne did. The good news is there are several young guys in that team who have better stats than Clark did.

It will be best if Lang can find a solution without having to throw any U20s players in but if does I would not be surprised if they did better than Clark

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i had high hopes for clarke this year... but maybe he needs a year in reggies to find his feet. regardless of stats, he showed great leadership in nyc last year. but he simply isnt up to nrl standard right now. i'd have jamie simpson in for him... how good was he last year? if he doesnt get a run soon, another team will get him. and that WOULD come back to bite us

Zigwaa

Bench
If Asotasi and Crocker are out Simpson and Dylan Farrell to cover the back row from the bench maybe? I can't think of anyone else.

Simpson would do well with his speed around the ruck, dunno about Farrell though.

African Monkey

First Grade
Jason Clark is definitely one for the future. Yes he gives stupid penalties away at times and his handling can be a bit off but he does have a very good tackling technique. Having said that, maybe a spell at Norths would be good for him but there is definitely potential in the kid.

JetRider

Juniors
Has anyone heard the final team for this game as yet, I read in the telegraph that Crocker and assotasi are out?