What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke a rabbit for life?

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
In the latest issue of rlw, Luke pledged his alleigance to the rabbitohs, telling other clubs to not even bother hunting for his signature. This is great news for our club. He has a huge future in the red and green

Just saw that article in RLW.

Almost brings a tear to the eye. Just goes to show how far ahead of the game our club is nowadays. If Isaac Luke were to test the market, he'd be just behind Thurston as the hottest property in the game right now.

Fein

First Grade
Just saw that article in RLW.

Almost brings a tear to the eye. Just goes to show how far ahead of the game our club is nowadays. If Isaac Luke were to test the market, he'd be just behind Thurston as the hottest property in the game right now.

Sure does DKOR.

I'm certain he will be well looked after but loyalty of this kind is almost unheard of in this day and age.

I believe he will go down as the best hooker to ever have played for the club, even better than the great Elwyn Walters.

Zigwaa

Bench
Great news, he's been our best player this season.

He's only 23 or so isn't he? That means another 8 or so years from him.

We can only hope that comes to fruition. Now is being allowed to play 80 mins he has shown he is as good, if not better than any hooker in the game today, including Cameron Smith

Livewire Luke Says You'll Never Lure Him From the Bunnies
Hot on the heels of three impressive wins on the trot, Souths have received a massive boost with dynamic hooker Issac Luke pledging his allegiance to the club for the rest of his career.

Just two years after the Kiwi no.9 was considering walking out on Souths because of a lack of game time under Jason Taylor, the 22 year old tells RLW he can't imagine playing for any other club.

Although he is signed to the Rabbitohs until the end of 2011, Luke says rival clubs should not bother applying for his services no matter how much money they have to splash around.

"I'm going to be at this club forever," Luke says. "This is the club that gave me my shot and the club that has stuck with me and believed in me and I can never see myself playing for another club than the Rabbitohs."

"It's not about the cash for me and I'm not really interested in even knowing what's out there because I just consider the Rabbitohs my home and my family's home and I can't see that ever changing."

"If I keep learning and trying to improve on parts of my game that I know need improving, I know the Rabbitohs will always be there to look after me like they have done so far."

"The club is like my family, all the boys are like my brothers, and my family itself couldn't be happier with how they are looked after here at Souths."

"I'm keen to hang around and help the club rebuild and I know we have the makings there to be one of the best teams in the competition and do something really special with all the boys. I'm only 22, but like I saidm there's no way I can see myself ever leaving Souths."

Luke, who is sure to give the Kangaroos plenty to think about in next month's test in Melbourne, credits his forwards for "making me look good".

And he reserves special praise for new coach John Lang as well.

"When John Lang became coach, he asked what I wanted to do and I told him I wanted to play the entire game and he just said, 'OK, we'll give it a shot and see how you go'," Luke says.

"Knowing Langy had that sort of confidence in me has really helped as well and going out playing behind some of the forwards we have at the club now certainly makes my job a lot easier out there."

"Having said that, I still think there's a lot of improvement left in my game and I know there's a lot of people at the club who can help me out and get better every week."

Lang, himself a former Test hooker, says Luke's form has been one of the keys to the Bunnies' turnaround.

"He's played well for us every week and I put it down to experience really," Lang says.

"I thought he played a lot better for the Kiwis at the end of last season than he did the year before and I think the extra time he's getting on the field means he doesn't have to rush things. He's just been terrific for us."

Source: Rugby League Week 14th April 2010

Last edited by a moderator:

Ttime

Juniors
Great news, he's been our best player this season.

He's only 23 or so isn't he? That means another 8 or so years from him.

He is only 22 actually. The guys running the show are obviously doing something right when a player of Luke's credentials says that other clubs shouldn't even bother offering him money because all he wants to do is be a rabbitoh for life... ahhhhhhh i LOVE this club.

Equally as good was the article on Ben Lowe. He is just about to sign up for another two years. Doesn't have a manager, but doesn't mind because he "knows that Richo will look after him".

He is another outstanding young talent, not even interested in canvassing other options because he is so happy at the club. This bloke could be an Origin bolter for QLD as early as this year and he is happy to sign on with the club.

I love being a Souths man.