What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Asotasi and Crocker unlikely for Bunnies showdown with Eels

James Hooper
April 15, 2010 1

075324-bunnies-body-blow.jpg

Out for the Eels clash ...Souths captain Roy Asotasi. Picture: Robb Cox Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE Rabbitohs have been on a roll but the in-form red and green forward pack has suffered a double blow leading into Sunday's match against Parramatta with skipper Roy Asotasi and strike forward Michael Crocker set to be ruled out.

Inspirational captain Asotasi is struggling to recover from a knee injury in time for the showdown with Parramatta while Queensland hardman Crocker is long odds to make his first NRL appearance for the season.

The Rabbits pack failed to live up to the hype after starting the season as the most talked about engine room in the game but the red and green rumblings have developed into an ominous roar during three straight victories.

The loss of Asotasi and Crocker represents a major test for the South Sydney pack, with Ben Lowe also missing for one week through suspension for a careless high tackle.

The Eels will be motivated by Nathan Hindmarsh breaking Brett Kenny's all-time match record of 265 appearances for the blue and gold, with the Parramatta legend to become the most-capped Eel of all time.

Crocker underwent three off-season operations and continues to be a work-in-progress for the South Sydney rehabilitation staff.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225854095439

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Does not say they are out says set to be ruled out but Champions blog says 50/50 theu still have got to game time sunday, if they are out our ranks for backup look horribly thin.

Does not say they are out says set to be ruled out but Champions blog says 50/50 theu still have got to game time sunday, if they are out our ranks for backup look horribly thin.

Yep our depth is now getting tested.It will interesting to see the makeup of the team if Roy is out.

Big Sam

First Grade
crocker's not really a loss since he hasn't played. the biggest loss tho is lowe. i don't see stuart capable of playing +70 minutes and making a stack of tackles.

Fein

First Grade
crocker's not really a loss since he hasn't played. the biggest loss tho is lowe. i don't see stuart capable of playing +70 minutes and making a stack of tackles.

Mate, are you serious?

Luke Stuart could go four hours and not miss a tackle.

CCJames

Juniors

You can not be serious?

Have you seen Luke Stuart's work rate over the past years!!!!??

Big Sam

First Grade
You can not be serious?

Have you seen Luke Stuart's work rate over the past years!!!!??

Look I really hope he can but it's gonna be a tough game for all the starting pack with only 2 forwards on the bench.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Today we needed a leader someone to step up to the plate and give us the direction we needed to grab the game by the throat which was there for the taking.I thought Stuart led us terribly today Burgess seem to be doing most of the talking but the rest seemed to be muted

Ike E Bear

Juniors
How were Capewell and Simpson utilised off the bench?

I couldn't make heads or tails of it and, admittedly, was paying more attention to the Eels than Bunnies.

Simpson might have the strength to do a bit of yakka in the back row, but surely Capewell couldn't have effectively replaced a forward.

Did Sutton or, maybe even Talanoa, play in tighter when required?

So many forwards out was always going to be a problem.

Bunnies need to lift against the Raiders.

Eels, meanwhile, are lucky to catch Cowboys at a moment of dire weakness next week.

Latest posts