What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

stretcher

Juniors
That's good news. The kid has the potential, if his head is in the right place, to make the grade.

A couple of seasons back when we first brought Harry Seika down from Orange and we were all excited about Harry I was speaking to the Matthews coach at the time who expressed the view William Beale had twice the natural ability but half the attitude. You don't lose natural ability we just need to hope young William Beale has improved his attitude as he could be anything.
What a lot of people dont know about william beale is that he has had some family tragedies and took a while to get over it and i applaud his tenacity where a lot of other people would never get over and lets face it he is only 17 and these things happened when he was sixteen and not many 16 year olds have to grow up that quick let alone the pressures of having to be the best player in everyones eyes leave the kid alone and watch him develop his way and not bag him about attitude issues....And harry seijka is from bathurst not orange like the mortimers....

MountainMan

Juniors
i havent seen palumbo play but will be watching with interest and fraser is bigger than penitani trust me ive seen them training and penitani is one of the smallest forwards that was trialling at the start of the year....

Yeah I want to go watch him this weekend,just dont know where Windsor C-Grade is playing?

Really?..When i watched Penitani play recently he looked bigger than he did last year,maybe it was the tight jersey than.

BOMAR

Juniors
What a lot of people dont know about william beale is that he has had some family tragedies and took a while to get over it and i applaud his tenacity where a lot of other people would never get over and lets face it he is only 17 and these things happened when he was sixteen and not many 16 year olds have to grow up that quick let alone the pressures of having to be the best player in everyones eyes leave the kid alone and watch him develop his way and not bag him about attitude issues....And harry seijka is from bathurst not orange like the mortimers....
While i can sympathise with williams family tragedies, there are alot of other boys out there that would have their own stories to tell. What i can say is in some parts of his life he has had it better than most. Schooling at st joeys, representative footy at penrith and travelling with the numerous indiginous teams including the nsw and aust indiginous teams. A brother who is playing sport at the elite level. While it will be good if he does succeed lets hold off the applause till he actually prooves himself. (i dont think one week counts)

MountainMan

Juniors
While i can sympathise with williams family tragedies, there are alot of other boys out there that would have their own stories to tell. What i can say is in some parts of his life he has had it better than most. Schooling at st joeys, representative footy at penrith and travelling with the numerous indiginous teams including the nsw and aust indiginous teams. A brother who is playing sport at the elite level. While it will be good if he does succeed lets hold off the applause till he actually prooves himself. (i dont think one week counts)

Well said mate

stretcher

Juniors
So what you are saying is he was given all of these things without earning or deserving them because of his god given talent?Please he shouldnt be crucified because he is a good player he hasnt had it better than others with the same talent and eg of that Brad Fittler made every rep side available,Craig gower made every rep side available another that comes to mind is Greg Waddell 100k a year at 16yold and having a brother playing elite sport dosent give you any special treatment otherwise william would be playing union and the list of players that have never worked a day in there lives is endless and william beale hasnt made a cent from the game yet and he is eighteen so making penrith,indiginous sides and going to a flash school is all because he has talent not special treatment and what he does with those opportunities is up to him.......

Kilkenny

Coach
So what you are saying is he was given all of these things without earning or deserving them because of his god given talent?Please he shouldnt be crucified because he is a good player he hasnt had it better than others with the same talent and eg of that Brad Fittler made every rep side available,Craig gower made every rep side available another that comes to mind is Greg Waddell 100k a year at 16yold and having a brother playing elite sport dosent give you any special treatment otherwise william would be playing union and the list of players that have never worked a day in there lives is endless and william beale hasnt made a cent from the game yet and he is eighteen so making penrith,indiginous sides and going to a flash school is all because he has talent not special treatment and what he does with those opportunities is up to him.......

You need to go back to school and learn punctuation? Sorry you probably still are at school, so you probably need some additional tutoring.

As a side issue I don't think the contract young Waddell signed entitled him to 100K it was more some form of incentive based contract where he would has earned some serious coin had he progressed to the top grade. As it transpired he didnt and hence I don't think he has earnt any serious dollars as yet.

stretcher

Juniors
You need to go back to school and learn punctuation? Sorry you probably still are at school, so you probably need some additional tutoring.

As a side issue I don't think the contract young Waddell signed entitled him to 100K it was more some form of incentive based contract where he would has earned some serious coin had he progressed to the top grade. As it transpired he didnt and hence I don't think he has earnt any serious dollars as yet.
Listen school teacher if this was an english test i would fail and if i had known this was a forum for braniacs i wouldnt be on it and neither would you go and read your own rubbish (would has earned) shouldnt it say (would have earned)foot in mouth disease again kilkenny...........p.s left school 10years ago and you have to do better than that to upset me..

isaiah

Bench
Yes your right they are all penrith kaufusi is a year young and done nothing all game Dunn went ok but to fat and slow as a hooker on the other hand penrith hooker made at least 6 line breaks and scored a powerful try Chris nay very quick and elusive but has to many halfbacks in front of him at penrith eg Seijka,Mate,Beale,Pickup,Verney and Damion luhr at academy so good on him for going to dragons for the experience but really needs to work on his defence was found out on thursday and looked like he was a spot player for penriths attack so in all havent lost anything by losing them players to dragons and i believe the kaufusi family moved to kogarah.

how do you think they will go vs melb?
are there many from this side that could make a mark in nyc this year?

stretcher

Juniors
how do you think they will go vs melb?
are there many from this side that could make a mark in nyc this year?
went to the ball tonight was a good tough game but can someone tell me why the referees are so bad penrith were robbed on several occassions one player stepped out touchie put flag up referee disregarded it melbourne were also sending through 3 and 4 players as decoys close to the line impeding the penrith defence and on one ocassion the melb fiveeight ran behind two players and they scored off it im also led to believe that the ref and 1 touchie are from penrith talk about home ground advantage it dosent exist for the pennys.in my unbiast opinion they were robbed and to add salt into the wounds harry seijka had yet another brain explosion not finding touch when the team were in control 32-22 allowing melbourne back into the game with six minutes on the clock and the dissapointing thing was that he just stood there and made no attempt to make up for it...and hes the future of the club please no ticker.

sweet-as

Juniors
May I point out that while Penrith have been eliminated, the roosters, with a big amount of Penrith players, (including Tai tuivasa who is a try scoring machine) are still in the competition, for the second year in a row the selectors have ruined Penrith's junior reps

stretcher

Juniors
May I point out that while Penrith have been eliminated, the roosters, with a big amount of Penrith players, (including Tai tuivasa who is a try scoring machine) are still in the competition, for the second year in a row the selectors have ruined Penrith's junior reps
I wouldnt say tai and jason antonelli is a big amount of penrith players that are actually playing and i reckon players like chase blair,jacob miller,and boyd cordner would be offended if you think roosters are in the semis because of penrith players wake up the reason they in the semis is because they spent 150000-200000 on juniors and those players werent good enough to make penrith

frontrow

Juniors
Penrith are a joke 2 years ago thay had the best team with the worst coach and still that coach keeps getting the job and still can,t get it right .We do,nt need those losser from Queensland send them back :x I can,t beleave Penrith broke up the 08 HM team thay lost 1 game though bad coaching the only 1 that should have been dropped was Liggins:x .That 08 HM team played SG ball in 09 and all the players stood up and held there own especially the forwards

stretcher

Juniors
Penrith are a joke 2 years ago thay had the best team with the worst coach and still that coach keeps getting the job and still can,t get it right .We do,nt need those losser from Queensland send them back :x I can,t beleave Penrith broke up the 08 HM team thay lost 1 game though bad coaching the only 1 that should have been dropped was Liggins:x .That 08 HM team played SG ball in 09 and all the players stood up and held there own especially the forwards
I agree with you about the queensland kids and that way they could of kept guys like tyrone viiga but to blame the coach for there results is a contradiction because liggins coached them when they as you put it stood up and held there own in the academy so what has changed in a year is the fact that every other team is recruiting better with open cheque books and putting most of there players in the 20s for extra training ive also heard melbourne dropped 4 players that have been playing 20s all year for the penrith sgball game in fact one player hasnt even played ball this year until saturdayand rumour is they are droppiung three more back this week

stretcher

Juniors
I agree with you about the queensland kids and that way they could of kept guys like tyrone viiga but to blame the coach for there results is a contradiction because liggins coached them when they as you put it stood up and held there own in the academy so what has changed in a year is the fact that every other team is recruiting better with open cheque books and putting most of there players in the 20s for extra training ive also heard melbourne dropped 4 players that have been playing 20s all year for the penrith sgball game in fact one player hasnt even played ball this year until saturdayand rumour is they are droppiung three more back this week
And lets not forget that on the weekend penrith had injuries to Jonathon Taefu,Sean Pickup,Nicolas Matai,Vaipuna Tikilifi,Dilan Curtis and Ryan Wilson all these guys would of started so to be as competitive as they were on the weekend to get beat in extra time was a pretty good effort from what i watched i actually believe they were robbed......

frontrow

Juniors
can someone tell me why the finger shoulded be pointed at the coach he cut good players and he picks the team every week

stretcher

Juniors
can someone tell me why the finger shoulded be pointed at the coach he cut good players and he picks the team every week
Well if your referring to players like solo alone and jon pepa im sure they had there reasons but my own observations were that solo was to heavy and pepa did nothing in the trials and for anyone else noone else deserved to be in front of what they picked....