What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to go to now for Rugby league

Loudstrat

Coach
Melbourne have to go. They have to. They wont be trying this season, because whats the point? They loose anyway.
That is a totally sh*t argument. They are still getting paid to play aren't thye?

And if you are not in the race for the finals - do all teams just give up? Newy in 2005 didn't.

Rugby League will recover.

Those that say it will die cause of one club ruining the game, is complete rubbish and arent a true supporter.

How many times have we suffered a black eye, but stay standing.

Its one of the most popular sports in Australia and no matter what I will stick to the game. So true Rugby League fans lets stick to this game forever.

:clap:

Be careful what you wish for.

WHAT????? You wish for a club to get punted every day you twat!

If the Storm goes what would be the point of having a team in Perth?

Hypocritical twat!!!

Teddyboy

First Grade
Where now? we look to the future.

next!
Rugby League fans will be really gullible if NSW,QLD clubs attendance drops and stop supporting there team as it's not Super League which involved all clubs but just one club which was doing very well in AFL country but the strength of League is still NSW/QLD.

I would love to see the AFL getting buggered.

bobmar28

Bench
That is a totally sh*t argument. They are still getting paid to play aren't thye?

And if you are not in the race for the finals - do all teams just give up? Newy in 2005 didn't.

:clap:

WHAT????? You wish for a club to get punted every day you twat!

Hypocritical twat!!!

I know what your wish is....for a Sydney suburban competition with tiny crowds standing on hills and a TV contract worth a few thousand dollars. I hope it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Australia will always have a Rugby code as fans like seeing players score by tries i.e. running the ball in hand in which you can not do in AFL and Soccer.

Goddo

Bench
Look, RL will survive this. No question. And RL in Melbourne will probably survive this, although very battered and bruised. Even if fans turn away a little in the short term, they obviously love rugby league and will be back eventually.

What is bad about all this is that it undoes the good work done over 10 years in Melbourne. We are back to square one again, which is very frustrating because the Storm were just starting to become a viable team in their own right. How many clubs were killed to feed the storm? How much money has been spent down there? How many rep games have been played, trying to boost our audience? All that has now been done for a damaged goods club.

NRL has copped another black eye, and will recover. It may affect the games next TV deal, the Independent Commission, News Ltds involvement et cetera.

Its just I am sick of seeing the game punching itself in the face, holding itself back, while other codes grow at our expense (in this case, Super dooper rugby is the real winner, and AFL possibly in terms of tv dollars).

Its bad timing, and will be expensive to fix. RL will go on.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Look, RL will survive this. No question. And RL in Melbourne will probably survive this, although very battered and bruised. Even if fans turn away a little in the short term, they obviously love rugby league and will be back eventually.

What is bad about all this is that it undoes the good work done over 10 years in Melbourne. We are back to square one again, which is very frustrating because the Storm were just starting to become a viable team in their own right. How many clubs were killed to feed the storm? How much money has been spent down there? How many rep games have been played, trying to boost our audience? All that has now been done for a damaged goods club.

NRL has copped another black eye, and will recover. It may affect the games next TV deal, the Independent Commission, News Ltds involvement et cetera.

Its just I am sick of seeing the game punching itself in the face, holding itself back, while other codes grow at our expense (in this case, Super dooper rugby is the real winner, and AFL possibly in terms of tv dollars).

Its bad timing, and will be expensive to fix. RL will go on.
The sad thing is i would of love to seen this shoved under the carpet for the good of the sport.Hey i never saw Boxing get in sh*t with Don King.

In truth would anyone really give a sh*t if it was the Sydney Swans.

Loudstrat

Coach
I know what your wish is....for a Sydney suburban competition with tiny crowds standing on hills and a TV contract worth a few thousand dollars. I hope it doesn't happen.

My wish is for a 20 team international comp stretching across 4 hours of time zones. You know, what we had in March 1995 before you f*cked it.

Superleage and your Sydney hating ideology died with ARL round 1 1996 you tool

WHERE TO NOW?

Get in and support the Storm and their fans I guess.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just because players are aware of all their payments does not mean that they are aware these payments put the club over the salary cap.

It in entirely possible that any extra payments were framed to look legitimate. Its not the players job to question the validity of such payments.

TBF though they would have been asked to sign two contracts I suspect. A fake one that the clubs presented the NRL and the real one that must have had a different $ figure. Surely any player or manager would be very suss at the need for two differing amount contracts???

I find it very very hard to believe, when you look at the amounts we are talking about, that players had no inkling that something very iffy was going on.

Latest posts