What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Roosters v Titans 2010

The Piper

Juniors
Forum 7s - Round 4 2010
OZZIE ROOSTERS v GOLD COAST TITANS
2010syd-main.jpg
-v-
2010gco-alt.jpg

Game Thread:
* Please note - This is a game thread only, therefore only game posts can be made here (Teams, Articles).
* Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
* Only original articles, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.

Naming Teams:
* 5v5 (+ 2 reserves for visiting team, 3 reserves for home team)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named

ALL THE RULES & REGULATIONS: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/rules.php

FULL TIME: Wednesday 28th April 2010 at 9pm (Syd time)
REFEREE: Pistol
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
ground_sfs_1.jpg

**The Referee Blows Game On!**

CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL WORD COUNTER

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
2010%20Titans%20face%20mask%20v2.jpg
Playing away against a rejuvenated Roosters line-up will be a very tough assignment... lest we forget... here come the Titans:

Amadean
3. Misanthrope
6. tits&tans
11. Titanic
18. Lockyno1

Bench

8. bgdc
13. TITs ANonymouS

Roosters arrive at their own venue. Apparently. Been a while.

Non Terminator (c)
Adamkungl
Cliffhanger
Bubbles
NK Arsenal

--

Monk
Fein
Shorty

Bubbles

Juniors
Bubbles takes the first hit up for the Chooks

A Tale of Two Jerseys

It is usual, or so I've been told, for a woman’s closet to incorporate a mixture of articles of fashion and pieces of clothing. For me, comfort and ease of wear takes precedence over any claim to a fashion sense and my wardrobe reflects this, much to the distress of my daughter, who is currently completing a Degree in Fashion Design.

While she is generally aghast at my style, or lack thereof, there is one item of clothing that never fails to set her eyes rolling back into her skull; my Roosters jersey. It is as if this eyesore is such an insult to her sensibilities, that if there were a God of Fashion, it’d be burnt to a crisp, biblical style, with me still swathed in its familiar grunginess.

This fine piece of apparel is a comfortable two sizes too large and hangs off my frame, disguising the various lumps that have appeared and expanded over the years. The white strip of V now has the greyish pallor of the bedridden; the ‘Siemens’ from my chest has all but disintegrated – usually not a bad thing! – leaving in its stead some strange brand of illegible brail. Further, there are threads hanging off at various angles, all of which I’m afraid to touch for fear the whole thing will unravel, leaving me sporting some flaccid boob tube.

My one concession is that I keep it within the confines of home; in fact, it is the shut-in of clothing articles. However manky it may be, it has personal history woven into its very fabric; the hair follicles that were pulled from my scalp as I watched my Chooks get punted from the finals in 1999; the tepid ale that slopped down its front when Freddy swooped on a Johns cut-out pass to seal the 2000 Preliminary Final; the tears of joy in 2002 and then tears of despair for the following two. Add to all this the fact that it remained the one piece of clothing I could squeeze over my pregnant belly in 2008 and this jersey feels as if it is truly the tapestry of my life. I love it and I’ll wear it until its last molecule is strained to its very core.

But, we are a two jersey family and while my jersey boasts longevity, the Eels jersey represents a system of reward and punishment that would have any Psychology student licking their lips; a thesis that could practically write itself!

This particular jersey has had its share of predecessors, most notably the jersey that was the intended victim of the great balcony fire of ‘99, complete with sirens and men in uniform. What is it with Eels supporters and arson?!

A newer version of the jersey has become a symbol of its club’s’ fortunes. In 2006 it spent the winter months sprawled across the driveway, never budging from the patch of concrete upon which it landed after Round Two, leaving me with the unenviable task of having to perform all number of driving feats to avoid running over it like so much road-kill. Round One 2007 saw it flung from the back steps into the closest lemon tree and this became its home for the next six months. Amazingly it survived the June storms that hit the Hunter region, clinging to spiny branches throughout the angry tempest; immovable, irrevocable. The following year saw it back in the lemon tree and again, there it remained for the entirety of the season.

2009 saw a slight break in tradition when it was kicked from the porch and landed in a Bay tree in the front yard. Over the course of the next five months, however, its symbolism took on all the characteristics of fortune and superstition rather than punishment, but retained the same edict: leave it where it lands!

Whether you love and cling to your jersey as if it’s an elderly relative you’re not ready to let go of, or you use it as a medium for all your frustrations and superstitions, you stand by your colours, even if, as we are seeing now, it is a jersey marked by shame rather than sponsors’ logos. Our jerseys speak of our passions, our hopes, our idiosyncrasies; they embody our love (and sometimes hatred) and they are the material which gives heart and soul to all clubs, not a bunch of suits chasing the bottom line and certainly not a handful of corrupt executives.

Last edited:

tits&tans

Juniors

tits&tans for the Titans hops, pecks and flutters on to the field.

748 words (OWC) between the stars

What a flu-zy!

Your nose doesn’t stop running. You shiver and sweat uncontrollably and your body temperature alternates between Kelvin and the surface of the sun. Your head throbs. A single cough wracks your entire body forcing your already uncomfortable joints into even more painful positions. Somebody clearly went to town on your throat with some glass-paper and every swallow results in searing pain. Breaths do not come easily and your lungs must have shriveled up. Vomiting follows. The diarrhoea shortly after. A deep weariness fills you. You are exhausted. Sleep, were it not so uncomfortable, would be very welcome.

Then the men in white coats come, armed with nasopharyngeal swabs. They test, nod, look serious and take you away.

Hopefully these symptoms and this situation doesn’t seem too familiar although I’m sure that we’ve all lived through parts of it.
It wasn’t that long ago that had this happened to you, you would have joined a select group of almost 1,000 people in Australia who were diagnosed with swine-flu. Outside of North America (US, Canada and Mexico), Australia was the hardest hit by the ‘pandemic’ of 2009 with almost 75% of Australia’s cases being confined to the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Wwhat that says about our Victorian cousins, is not for me to say.

The NRL did not escape its effects and Queensland’s three teams were all monitored carefully after the Bulldog’s Ben Hannant tested positive and was quarantined. The “moving feast” (as described by Graham Annesley), then almost devoured Ashley Harrison and Darius Boyd, as they were forced to withdraw from an NRL clash at Skilled Park. The Cowboys also quarantined their Origin players, as did the Broncos. There was a moment when the virus threatened to hitch a ride down to NSW and cause havoc there, but this was short-lived as it was very quickly confirmed that the Blues trainer, Tony Ayoub, did not have the virus.

It was close. At the time, tabloids and pundits alike, in a predictably irresponsible manner, were screaming about the end of the game (and life) as we know it. With implacable calm, however, the NRL dealt with this, as it had dealt with many events in its tumultuous history, with an elegant brush-off and simply powered on.

This wasn’t their first encounter.

Approximately, 90 years ago League was almost rocked by the deadliest natural disaster in human history. Over the course of 2 years, between 50 and 100 million people died due to a simple non-living organism. The Spanish flu of 1918 killed approximately 20% of the people it infected, in total taking the lives of almost 3% of the world’s population.

In its burgeoning years in Australia, rugby league was almost stopped before it even began. The impact of the 1918 pandemic threatened the financial-stability of the NSWRL and NZRL and the very future of the QRL.
In 1918, the NSWRL had arranged for a New Zealand team to tour Australia. The trip was looking uncertain, however it was then decided that regardless of the potential risks, the show must go on. The NSW and Queensland governments closed public buildings, prohibited public gatherings, and enforced the use of facemasks but just couldn’t bring themselves to cancel popular sporting events. In hindsight, a move fraught with danger especially since the majority of rugby league’s players and fans were working class men without health care living together in close quarters. Despite or, perhaps, to spite the public health warnings, the New Zealand vs NSW games attracted almost 85,000 people. The financial dent in the NSWRL would have been too large to fill had these games not gone ahead, and the story since may have been very different.

It was further up north where the potential trouble really lay, as the Exhibition Ground in Brisbane was closed. This was the only ground where gate-money could be securely collected. Without the generosity and sheer ‘ballsiness’ of Harry Sunderland, the QRL Secretary, who took out a loan to build a grandstand and fencing at Davies Park, QRL may have wilted and died. The gate-money could now be collected, and with a turnout of 10,000 fans, there were sufficient funds to build a second grandstand and consolidate the success.

Once again, league had shrugged off its troubles and marched on. If anything, during times of trouble, it acted as and continues to act as a source of relief, distraction and enjoyment for those with concerns or worries in their lives.

lockyno1

Post Whore
[FONT=&quot]Storm in a Teacup[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can someone tell me honestly what this big deal is? I turn on the television last week coming home from work and all I see is the Storm busted for “rorting the cap”. Well I may be the only one but I really can’t see a big issue with this. I am yet to hear a valid reason why the Storm should be forced to pay under market value for the superstars of the game. In the end, the game must realise that the main objective in society is to keep the stars playing the game we love, rugby league. David Gallop and other administrators in the game are dead set kidding if they believe the stars of the game will stay in the game for a quarter of the pay packet they may receive elsewhere.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The companies that decide to sponsor teams are at a disadvantage, and this is a crucial factor in my belief that teams should be able to pay players as much as they choose. Why should clubs that can gain lucrative sponsorships be punished because other teams fail to gain positive sponsorship deals? The old saying in my view is true “survival of the fittest”. If that happens to make some clubs fail, so be it, there are about six or seven new clubs I can think of right now that want to be in the National Rugby League, and they all have financial backing. Clubs needs to be at a stage where their financial stability is secure, and being able to get players deals with sponsors is just one way of being successful. Part of business and life in general is the ability for companies to sponsor the best product. It is the clubs responsibility to ensure that their product is by far and away the best product compared to the other fifteen clubs. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The biggest and most contentious issue out of the whole Storm situation centres around third, fourth, and fifth party deals. This is where the change has to be made. I do not see a problem in these deals, however they must be declared and this probably is the biggest sour note out of the whole drama. I am certain that if the deals were given to the administrators of the game when the sponsorships were on the table, something could have been done to keep these sponsors in the game legally. This said though my biggest gripe about the game at the moment is the limit on 3rd party deals. Honestly why is there a limit? Do we not want our players to earn the most they can in the game? In the end this is their job, their career and unlike most of us who work till be are 55, these players are retired by 35. This is a massive consideration when administrators are putting caps on what players may or may not earn in the game. Why is it that Gallop would be getting close to $1 million a year and yet Jonathan Thurston the best player in the game would be lucky to receive $500,000? You can’t tell me that Thurston is half as valuable as Gallop who has been an average chief executive officer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This said though, the changes that I am implementing must be carefully managed over the period of time. What we do not want is an English Premier League situation where only two or three teams can win the competition each year. Whilst the notion of survival of the fittest is at the forefront of my argument, some spreading out of sponsorships is needed. As a sport, the objective of these sponsorships should be to get the most money for these sponsorships at the highest number of clubs. This therefore would increase player payments and as a result would help retain our elite stars in the game. There is no reason why Thurston for instance should not be receiving $1-2 million a season for what he does in the game.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore it can be stated that, as a game we must learn from the Melbourne Storm scandal and turn it into a positive. What has been done is done, but there is no reason in the future for this scandal to arise in the future. Administrators of the game must seriously consider relaxing player payments as the last thing we need is for Inglis or Slater to be running around for a rival code.[/FONT]

745 words
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Non Terminator making the Roosters second hit-up. 696 words OWC

The Real Meaning Of Tragedy (Part Two)

5382.jpg

Last year, early in the Forum Sevens season, I wrote an article relating to the real meaning of the word 'tragedy'. It was referring to the difference between the loss of a game, and the loss of a young man. Last year, the Roosters lost many games, MANY games. But it was still nothing compared to the pain that the New Zealand Warriors felt, losing young Sonny Fai. We saw it from the Warriors fans on the Front Row Forums, and at the beach itself. It was heartbreaking, to say the least.

It was something that made every single person stop and think.

Throughout the last week the media and all of the water cooler chat has been revolving around the controversy around the Melbourne Storm salary cap breach. The word 'tragedy' has once again been thrown around quite often. We've once again seen the reactions from not only the fans of the Melbourne Storm, but also the fans of every Rugby League club, here and abroad. We all know that it will be healed up, the Melbourne Storm club will come back from this, just like the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs did. The Storm players who stick by the club will lead them to future glory, their loyal fans right behind them. After witnessing all of the drama around this, I kept on asking myself whether I well and truly believed that the entire controversy in whole was a tragedy? After witnessing some of the news in England (that, from memory, hasn't even been shown on the Front Row Forums until now), it's easy to say that it isn't.

A horrid tragedy has struck the Featherstone Rovers. For those who don't know who they are, they are currently the first placed team in the Co-Operative Championship league (the second division, right under the Super League). News came through recently that two of their players, both 19 years old, were involved in a serious car accident. One of the players, Charlie Tosh, is currently in a serious condition. The club is still in contact with the family of Tosh. The Rugby League community in England are all waiting with nothing but hope.

The other player, Gareth Swift, isn't.

Swift's tragic death has rocked the Rovers to a core. A talented dummy-half that was touted to be a major part of the club's future. A man with a personality that well and truly enabled him to be an important part of the team atmosphere at such a young age. The Featherstone CEO, Andy Prout, described him as 'the life of the party'. Sadly, the party is over. Nothing but devastation will surround the club.

It was lovely to see every club sending the Rovers their own condolences. Both the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and Castleford Tigers (both clubs that swift played for as an academy-grade junior) sent out public tributes to his friends, family and team-mates. How does a club come back from this though? How do the players aim up, knowing that they will be without a team-mate (possibly two). I hope the club continues to play well, in the spirit of a lively, lovely young man.

All I can think about right now is putting the two events into perspective, as harsh as that seems on the fans of the Storm. They can come back from this, they can go back to where they were before. They can replace those memories with new ones. The club has the ability to do that. The Rovers club doesn't. A young man has been taken away from his family, friends and team.

Rugby League has once again, lost one of it's characters. I have actually spoken to people who knew him. Every single person who knew him spoke incredibly highly of him, never a bad thing mentioned. These players are what the positive signs of Rugby League are based on. Players such as Preston Campbell.

Can I just ask for people to spare a thought this week about young Charlie Tosh. I know we all sincerely hope he recovers from this horrible tragedy, physically and emotionally.

Titanic

First Grade
Titanic for the Titans
(741 OWC)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The clichéd evolution of the Melbourne Storm

And so it came to pass, that there was conceived from the most unholy coupling, the thunder of Super League and the lightning of the ARL, a bastard son. Adopted by the limited family of News, this child, born under the stormy clouds of war, was aptly named Storm and there were great expectations.

Any port in a Storm

Unwanted in New South Wales and shunned by Queensland, our young hero took off for the southern climes and as a fledgling gladiator settled in the tainted territory of Victoria… a land of harsh unpredictable weather and tight shorts.

There in the Century 20th of the year ‘98, nestled under the only available cover in the dank city of Melbourne, a dilapidated Olympic Park, Storm began to ply his trade. Soon his remarkable skills and buoyant character attracted some well-credentialled comrades-in-arms, namely Jonathon Ribot de Brittlesack, who was quickly elevated to Chief Cook & Bottlewasher, and the nomadic gypsy maestro Christo Son of Ander, a mystical cult figure who materialised into the enviable post of Storm guru.

Taken by Storm

They say a year can be a long time but not if you were a rugby league fan in Melbourne. The new kid on the block burst into his first NRL season like a… a storm. Success in professional sport never comes easily but in this case “too easy” was the catch-cry. After getting a sniff of the bright-lights when contesting the finals in his debut year, it was all down hill in the last year of the waning Century, for the handsome bloke in purple. It was late 1999 and the still pimply-faced newbie was the Premier. His Victorian fans, after a wait of 90-odd years just to get a team into the big time, had only had to wait a year to win the ultimate prize.

In the Eye of the Storm

Our boy was full of beans. Fame and fortune were his bedfellows but like all those who aren’t mindful of the temptations presented to instant celebrities, his wheels soon came adrift. Son of Ando bolted, to be replaced by M&M the Puppet Muppet. CEO Johnsy-oh came a gutzer with "Reeb-oh" and also deserted nearly as quickly as Storm’s on-field form. He had run out of puff. However, the winds of change were building. Craggy coach Bellyache arrived after a cyclonic separation from the north and when a breath of fresh air, Brain Walmart, blew in, our re-energised Storm quickly turned his silver-lining into more silverware. Grand Finals followed as certainly as lightning be-gets thunder.

A Storm in a Teacup

Of course success breeds envy and momentum grew around the perception that Craggy had somehow manipulated unfair advantages behind the impenetrable barriers of Fortress Melbourne. All facets of his modus operandi were explored. At first it seemed that there was an extraordinary oriental training technique referred to in hushed tones as the “grapple” and then an even more disquieting rumour emerged of illegal dietary supplements later exposed as “chicken wings”.

Fortunately for Storm, these were but minor distractions. The NRL Bods merely shifted their focus to their much-maligned fashion-conscious thought-police. They doubled their on-field presence, dressing them in pink with instructions to ride out the Storm.

The Calm before the Storm

The ensuing years were largely without controversy. Another premiership, more silverware, a litany of young champion Storm boy-clones, bred under a regime of discipline and bonded by a siege mentality, far away from the rapacious Sydney media vortex.

A growing array of stars on a seemingly endless production line, which in turn converted those rookies into celebrities in their own right. Management, trainers and players alike were feted as role models for all things rugby league and serious inroads were being forged into the previously unassailable domain of the ravaging beast, the unrepentantly gay AFL.

The evolution of Storm had become a wondrous epic saga of a disadvantaged but passionate prodigy taking on the traditional protagonists, subduing them with youth and vigour, destined to create a dynasty... but at what cost?

The Imperfect Storm

Fair winds were not favouring our now aging hero. First Issy went to Brissy. Then Brain Walmart shot off like a fart in a monsoon and to ‘cap’ it all off, Schuey cracked a poohey.

Time will be the judge of Storm’s resilience, yet, no matter what anybody says, he sure can play... rorts and all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
Titans substitution... Misanthrope has stubbed his toe getting to the bookies to retrieve his bet on Storm for the 'spoon and TITs ANonymouS will step up.

Amadean

Juniors
Amadean struggles forth for the Titans, tired, tried, tiresome and really bored of alliteration.

750 below the bar
-----------------------

Storm in a Shark bowl

punkact.gif

The vultures are circling the corpse. The rumours are rocking the exchange. The small waves of uncertainty are delicately lapping the shores of payments-ville.

Yes, a crisis of metaphors is brewing in the salary cap of rugby league.

A wise man would flee, a brave man would bluster, a foolish man would write short articles for the News Limited press (and many do). Yet all that we as fans can do is sit in humble horror and marvel at the sueing-furor that has become player payments.

Oh, many shall say they saw it coming, that such a record could not be without a financial basis. They will claim the real victims are the fans whose trust in the game has been broken. Others will hurl invective at the administrators, auditors and agents who created a system where such a sorry state of affairs was possible. Many shall blame many and flung mud will dirty a few undeserving brows, but in the end perhaps the truth shall be uncovered.

The Cronulla Sharks pay-for-performance scandal: a messy truth indeed.

Inadvertently bought to light by polar opposite misdeeds in Melbourne, evidence is slowly emerging that the playing roster of the Cronulla Sharks have been receiving an average of one dollar per day per player in salary since 1998.

This shocking state of affairs is blatantly in contravention of every minimum wage law in Australia and was bought to light by the same hospitality invoices that bought down the Storm. As with the Storm, illicit payments were funneled between club and players, outside the regulator’s view. The devious scheme enabled all players to receive industry-standard payments that would fit perfectly with the league’s salary cap.

The cunning accountants at Cronulla refused to let such a simply beautiful system stand, for they saw the potential for profits. Those mild-mannered book-keeping pen-pushers looked deep into the heart of Sharks and saw something hollow, something rotten. They knew that the odds of league success for the Sharks were slightly less likely than Kevin Rudd keeping an election promise and drew plans for profit in the meantime.

Yes, Gallen and company were paid acceptable rates up front, but the ‘hospitality’ payments got them in the end. The secret sub-clauses on their contracts required a undeclared payment back to the club if certain circumstances are met. A direct quote from a certain player’s contract reveals the cruelty.

“should Party A [the player] continually fail at not-sucking for an extended period of time of no less than two (2) days than a proportion of annual salary (declared in section 3, sub-section 3.2.2) of no less than ten (10) percent shall be paid directly into the accounts of Party C [the hospitality firm / partypartyparty Party] with the end intention of further forward payment to Party B [the club, the club’s accountants, the club’s accountants’ wives’ tennis partners]. This schedule is to be interrupted only in the event of the player reaching such a level on non-suckage as to be widely recognised as something other than a joke or in the event that a minimum payment level of one (1) dollar per day is reached on a annualised basis (as declared in section 3, sub-section 3.2.4).

These horrific contracts, directly in violation of both the UN Human Rights Commission and PETA, have seen the majority of Cronulla players living below the breadline for seasons at a time: victims of heartless accountants and sadistic agents.

I’m sure we shall see arguments put forward in the weeks to come that the players had merely ‘made their own bed and slept in it’. Perhaps they could’ve directly improved their living standards by winning the occasional match, but it would’ve quicker and simpler for every player to have sold the occasional kidney.

I feel rather strongly about this. As a society, we should not endorse the forced selling of organs, no matter how crap the defensive play of their initial hosts. Sure, the players could’ve trained harder, but there is a limit to how much better, to stretch a metaphor, a body-kit can make a Hyundai look.

At the very base of the argument, these men were taken advantage of by the very system which they loyally, if incompetently, served. When the dust of lawsuits and player-movements-to-the-Rebels has settled, let us remember that these men deserve neither our blame nor our censure: merely our sympathy.

Blame the agents, News Limited, the accountants, the administrators.... yeah that’ll work.

Last edited:

TITs ANonymouS

Juniors

TITs ANonymous runs onto the field with mixed feelings playing against his beloved roosters. 749 between the lines OWC.

-------------------------------------------------
[FONT=&quot]From the Horses Mouth[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Being a fanatical Roosters fan, it was with an eagerness that had long been absent that I went to see the boys in the tri-colours attempt to flatten the Dragoons last weekend. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Little did I know that it was with a single-minded determination that they approached the game, unfortunately it was the same single-mindedness that saw them clutch the inglorious title of Wooden Spooners last year.

Nonetheless I went armed not only with hope, but also my Model 64RST long range ‘mic’ and accompanying recording device to listen-in to their on-field tactics that hopeful would turn them from a laughing stock to title contenders in 2010.

Anasta: Who dropped that friggin ball?

Who: What do you mean? It wasn’t me!

Me: Damn right it wasn’t me, it was him.

Him: It wasn’t my fault, I thought I was running a dummy and somebody was going to get the pass.

Somebody: Hey, don’t try and pin this on me, cause there was only one dummy and that’s him.

Him: That’s great guys, great team work. Isn’t anybody going to stand up for me?

Anybody: I will mate if nobody doesn’t want to.

Anasta: Alright, enough already. Next bloke that stuffs up is going to answer to me.

Me: Yeah, that’s right captain! Got that everybody?

Everybody: Sorry I missed that. I was watching that Morris fella going in for a try on the replay.

Nobody: Now listen everybody, I don’t want to see that Morris chap crossing our line again.

Everybody: You talking to me?

Nobody: No, I’m talking to him.

Anasta: Look he’s just not talking to anybody, but everybody.

Anybody. Why won’t he talk to me.

Nobody: It’s not just you, it’s me as well.

You: What did I do? I didn’t drop the ball.

Me: Well you can all piss off as far as I’m concerned.

You: Thank you very much.

Everybody: Hey don’t pick on me, nobody is listening to you.

Me: He wasn’t picking on me, but on him.

Nobody: Yeah, and I wasn’t listening to you, I was listening to him.

Me: That why he was picking on him.

Him: Would somebody please tell me what’s going on?

Somebody: That Morris chap has just scored his second try.

Everybody: Oh for crying out loud, that’s Merrin not Morris! Did you miss that tackle?

You: Me! You’re blaming me!

Me: Well nobody was listening to him.

Somebody: Of course, because nobody likes him.

Nobody: No more than I like you.

You: Oh, I see, this is about me again.

Anasta: No. This isn’t about you or him, it’s about everybody.

Everybody: Okay can we get back to the game now.

Anasta: Okay, we have the ball fifteen metres out and six tackles up our sleeve.

Everybody: What should we do?

Anasta: We should try and score in this set of six.

We: But what if nobody scores?

Anasta: Then somebody is going to get my size elevens right up their chocolate starfish.

Somebody: I’m warning you, don’t try and do that.

You: Why?

Somebody: Because nobody gets to give me “boot canal”.

Nobody: Believe me, it isn’t pretty.

Me: Yeah, but if nobody scores, where does that leave you?

You: I’m watching the replay with him.

Him: They’re really good, aren’t they? How many tries is that now?

Everybody: Four.

Somebody: Do you reckon they can get any more before the games done?

Anasta: Quit it you guys and let’s do the planned move now. Somebody take the tap.

Rabbits: (Calling the game live on TV). "Okay well here’s a chance for the Roosters to post some points on the board finally."

"Somebody finally takes the tap and passes it to nobody and blow me down everybody stood there looking at him as if to say “was that for me?” Now anybody could have picked it up, but instead Cooper was Johnny on the spot and runs the length of the field to score his second for the afternoon."

After the game had finished I snuck down to the dressing rooms and managed to get close enough to hear these words of wisdom from Brian Smith.

“Another performance like that and everybody is going to be looking for a new job next year. Nobody is going to want to hire you guys even for a girl guides netball match.”

Then I began to think, will somebody please tell me why I would want to follow a pathetic team like the Roosters!
-----------------------------------------------------------
[/FONT]

Titanic

First Grade
Okay lads that's it for this week. Thanks TA for jumping in at the last minute.

Sorry NT that it wasn't an even match-up but we will look forward to the next encounter with relish and/or tomato sauce.

Over to you, Mr Referee.

Apologies to the Gold Coast Titans side. You all spent ages writing.
Well done on the victory, good luck in the Willow Cup.

Pistol

Coach
Roosters

Bubbles with A Tale of Two Jerseys = 87

Interesting tale. Not sure how long a Roosters jersey would last in my house though…

Non Terminator with The Real Meaning Of Tragedy (Part Two) = 85

A good read without being outstanding.

Titans

Tits&tans with What a flu-zy! = 86

Interesting and the imagry at the start isn’t something to be read whilst eating toast.

Lockyno1 with Storm in a Teacup = 84

A gripe post that was about fair to middling. Allocate a bit more to the solution as well.

Titanic with The clichéd evolution of the Melbourne Storm = 88

A tad left of field but I liked it.

Amadean with Storm in a Shark bowl = 86

To say this is quirky is correct. I liked the overall direction and I must admit a few chortles escaped reading the clause in the contract.

TitsAnonymous with From the Horses Mouth = 87

Interesting dialogue. If you did mic up the players I am sure that conversation would be pretty close to the mark.

Titans defeat Roosters

431 – 172

POTM

Titanic

Titanic

First Grade
Onya Titans ... hung in there and fell over the line... enjoy the week off but see you all at training for the sausage sizzle.

Bad luck NT and your lads... perhaps the win against Manly will bring back the rage.

Thanks for the marking Pistol, a tough job with all those storms brewing.

Latest posts