What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos QB come week 1?

Who will start at quarterback for the Broncos in Week 1?

• Kyle Orton

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Brady Quinn

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Tim Tebow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Monk

Referee
Just a thing that has been on my mind, when i saw the poll on nfl.com i just had to ask it here.

So, Who will start at quarterback for the Broncos in Week 1?

DC_fan

Coach
It would have to be Orton with Quinn as backup. I really don't see Tebow getting any meaningfull game time this year,

Big Tim

First Grade
Quinn. I feel that as the #2 guy in preseason he will get the benefit of playing other teams B or C defense.

Tebow will not see meaningful NFL action for at least 2 years, where either Orton or Quinn will be trade bait.

dragonfire

Bench
it will come down to training camp to see whether it will be Orton or Quinn. Orton is the incumbent and at this point be the #1. And to be honest i dont know where Tebow stands in this equation

Quinn should do. Quinn has a lot of potential with a good receiver set and decent o-line, which the Broncos have.

Tebow will play in the WC, and will start in 2012 or thereabouts.

Shorty

Staff member
Orton did enough to start I think, but he'll compete with Brady.
Tebow will spend the year developing.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I rate Quinn.

I think with a decent line and alright receivers he'll go really well.
Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Kellen Winslow jr, Braylon Edwards, Jamal Lewis.. The same crew that got Derek Anderson into the pro bowl are miles better than anything the Broncos have at present.

Big Mick

Referee
Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Kellen Winslow jr, Braylon Edwards, Jamal Lewis.. The same crew that got Derek Anderson into the pro bowl are miles better than anything the Broncos have at present.

Yeah...three years ago...

Edwards couldn't catch a cold for 2 years...and still can't.

Winslow had contract demands and didn't care...and wasn't there last year.

Lewis...please that guy was over the hill even in that season.

You telling me Royal and Moreno are not better than Edwards and Lewis?

Deluded!

Thomas is on the same level as Edwards most likely atm. Both big, fast and won't be able to catch this year. Difference is, Thomas will likely improve as the year goes on...

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think Quinn but i dont expect anyone with those recievers to do much
They havent really got much to go with there
By season's end it will be Tebow though

Raider_69

Post Whore
Thomas, Decker, Gaffney and Royal isn't a TERRIBLE receiving core.

Look at Buffalo....

Granted Buffalo does suck, but its not a particularly good one either. And without a stud QB, i cant see them being made to look better than they are

Mal Meninga

Bench
Yeah...three years ago...

Edwards couldn't catch a cold for 2 years...and still can't.

Winslow had contract demands and didn't care...and wasn't there last year.

Lewis...please that guy was over the hill even in that season.

You telling me Royal and Moreno are not better than Edwards and Lewis?

Deluded!
In 3 years Quinn couldn't beat Derek Anderson fair and square.

That's abit rich calling me deluded when you are rating a QB who was traded for a 6th round pick. Mike Holmgren knows plenty about QB's and when Jake Delholmme is replacing you than you're just about done in the NFL.

Eddie Royal had 37 catches for 345 yards and 0 TD's FYI.

In 3 years Quinn couldn't beat Derek Anderson fair and square.

That's abit rich calling me deluded when you are rating a QB who was traded for a 6th round pick. Mike Holmgren knows plenty about QB's and when Jake Delholmme is replacing you than you're just about done in the NFL.

Eddie Royal had 37 catches for 345 yards and 0 TD's FYI.

Same Holmgren who traded for Seneca Wallce, signed Delhomme for 14 mil over 2 years and passed Clausen twice for McCoy.

Yeah, he knows a lot.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Since you are living in the pass...what did Royal have in the prior season? FYI....
I'm living in the past - What past or present information suggests Quinn can even be a back up QB in the NFL? You made it sound like Eddie Royal was an infinite better player than Braylon Edwards, yet Braylond had those numbers in 12 games with the Jets, except 200 more yards and 4 more TD's. Royal had 900 yards, with Brandon Marshall taking double coverage every play. Braylond had similar numbers the year before.

I remember years ago the 49ers traded for Cade Mcnown and the hysteria with some fans thinking we traded for the next Steve Young :lol: I should know I was one of them..

Holmgren:
Developed Steve Young at BYU
Developed Brett Favre at GB
Developed Matt Hassleback at GB then traded for him at Seattle

Sounds like he knows just a tiny bit about QB's.

And do we have to re-visit the Clausen debate again? I said it months ago that he was another nothing Notre Dame QB and infact I stated numerous times Tebow would go in the first.

Big Mick

Referee
And do we have to re-visit the Clausen debate again? I said it months ago that he was another nothing Notre Dame QB and infact I stated numerous times Tebow would go in the first.

Again?

Dude...I was the one who said Tebow would go in the first as well

And I never rated Clauson.

Think you are talking to a different dude.