What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hope we can pull 10k+ tomorrow but doubt it. Monday night v the Cowboys isn't exactly a huge drawcard...

VictoryFC

Bench
tad disappointing but looked pretty good on tv.. couldn't tell there were 10k empty seats :?

Yeah, unbelievable if there were 10,000 empty seats. Running an eye over it, I could have sworn there 25k at worst. Good for the image I guess, as even a 20k crowd just about looks full in that stadium on TV.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: at the sad cases wearing f**k GALLOP shirts... bunch of sooks. Not Gallop's fault your clubs CEO rorted the cap.

camsmith

Juniors
Yeah, unbelievable if there were 10,000 empty seats. Running an eye over it, I could have sworn there 25k at worst. Good for the image I guess, as even a 20k crowd just about looks full in that stadium on TV.

Yep I though 25k minimum there today. The corporate boxes were a tough empty but still, I don't know where the extra 10k would have sat?

camsmith

Juniors
:lol: at the sad cases wearing f**k GALLOP shirts... bunch of sooks. Not Gallop's fault your clubs CEO rorted the cap.

mmmm... the way he handled it and the way he has f**ked us over for years is the reason for the shirts, I'd say.

I would have had "f**k GALLOP AND WALDRON" if I had it my way.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Todays 2 results really set up a bumper crowd for Broncos v Titans. If the Broncos lost again today it probably would have been high 30's or early 40's. Now you would expect something around 47-48k weather permitting.

beave

Coach
mmmm... the way he handled it and the way he has f**ked us over for years is the reason for the shirts, I'd say.

f**ked you over for years???, do tell at how he has f**ked you over for years??

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Certainly worked out well with the Broncos and Titans both winnng today,should see a nice increase at Suncorp this Friday

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Todays 2 results really set up a bumper crowd for Broncos v Titans. If the Broncos lost again today it probably would have been high 30's or early 40's. Now you would expect something around 47-48k weather permitting.

Not sure about that 47-48k figure you're predicting,last season's heritage round game between these two teams at Suncorp pulled 43,079

Broncos were going much better at that time last season too then they are now

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

The way Gallop handled it?

WTF? Did you just think your club could play on with a team over ONE MILLION DOLLARS over the cap?

ByRd

First Grade

:lol::lol::lol: he has done nothing over the years, blame it on the fools in your club

dollyhands

Juniors
Agree, maybe they dropped the total so when they have a bad crowd they release better figures. Does this happen or just rumors??

Red Bear

Referee

Mmm, the way he's allowed a club losing 6 mil a year in the comp year after year, yeah he's f**ked you guys over big time

beave

Coach
and I'm sure Gallop had some sort of input in allowing the Origins to be played in Melbourne as the bargaining chip to the VIC government to build the Storm a new stadium... wish Gallop would f**k my team over like that................:roll:

beave

Coach
Why ain't the Knights getting 18000 plus.

Titans wouldn't have many fans in Newy, plus the stadium being in a sh*t fight state might make people stay away til it's fully finished, I dunno really, just throwing different ideas out there.

camsmith

Juniors
f**ked you over for years???, do tell at how he has f**ked you over for years??

Well, for one he could do more to give the game publicity down here.

Almost had a cardiac arrest when I saw that we were going to get both the test match and Storm game on TV not only before midnight but LIVE

His grandstanding on our salary cap issues has been appalling. Making rushed decisions, coming out almost every day with more "news" re the storm. Trickling out things like a government would before budget night just so he stays in the news.

Not to mention the rubbish re: tackling techniques (noticed that's no longer a news story this season? Funny that) that he just laps up.

Think he is doing a great job do you?

camsmith

Juniors
Mmm, the way he's allowed a club losing 6 mil a year in the comp year after year, yeah he's f**ked you guys over big time

You of all people should know that a new team outside heartland standing on its own two feet isn't going to happen overnight.

and I'm sure Gallop had some sort of input in allowing the Origins to be played in Melbourne as the bargaining chip to the VIC government to build the Storm a new stadium... wish Gallop would f**k my team over like that................:roll:

Do you know that for a fact? I actually wasn't hugely supportive of bringing Origin down here. Sure I loved it because I live here and got to see RL at its best... but I'd much rather the NRL do something to give our team a fair go down here.

beave

Coach
Well, for one he could do more to give the game publicity down here.

Almost had a cardiac arrest when I saw that we were going to get both the test match and Storm game on TV not only before midnight but LIVE

His grandstanding on our salary cap issues has been appalling. Making rushed decisions, coming out almost every day with more "news" re the storm. Trickling out things like a government would before budget night just so he stays in the news.

Not to mention the rubbish re: tackling techniques (noticed that's no longer a news story this season? Funny that) that he just laps up.

Think he is doing a great job do you?

agreed on the publicity/tv coverage down there, but put more blame onto channel 9 melbourne than Gallop, would be nice for him to force their hand, but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

The tackling issues, when did he ever lap up your tackling technique? the media were the ones who carried on about it, not Gallop.

Rushed decision or not, you guys cheated, we all may not agree on the penalty or the speed in which it was dealt with, but at the end of the day, this wouldn't be happening if YOUR TEAM DIDN'T CHEAT THE CAP. I think you are forgetting the crux of the issue here.

Do I think Gallop is doing a great job??? He is doing a 'sound' job IMO, he could be doing more but he could be doing a lot worse, again, we don't know all the behind the scenes sh*t that goes on, being an ex news lawyer, I am sure he would have his hand tied in some instances, I don't envy his position.

what would you have happen to your team in this salary cap drama??? just play on as if nothing has happened??

Status
Not open for further replies.