What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Johnson to hold out?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
he must of read the the line where it wasa the jags players friend... but seriously these guys cry way to much over money.... id stick with the contract and wait till i come off contract and let a team throw a 30+mill contract on the table without having to open my mouth

Big Mick

Referee
he must of read the the line where it wasa the jags players friend... but seriously these guys cry way to much over money.... id stick with the contract and wait till i come off contract and let a team throw a 30+mill contract on the table without having to open my mouth

And what happens if he blows a knee during training camp and cannot play?

The guy just broke a massively long record for yards from scrimmage for a season.

He has leverage now. Without him, that team is basically nothing.

He is only getting a base $500k next year....I mean Jesus...Steven Jackson is on $48m for 5 years. Is Jackson better than Johnson?...no.

Mal Meninga

Bench
And what happens if he blows a knee during training camp and cannot play?

The guy just broke a massively long record for yards from scrimmage for a season.

He has leverage now. Without him, that team is basically nothing.

He is only getting a base $500k next year....I mean Jesus...Steven Jackson is on $48m for 5 years. Is Jackson better than Johnson?...no.
Exactly.

$500K is great for a marquee NRL player but it's near minimum wage for a NFL player. Why should CJ play for peanuts when he's the reigning offensive player of the year? This is why I fully opposed a rookie scale. Teams will most likely operate on a $150 million cap when it comes back, but teams can't even pay their best player and a former first round pick, 1% of the cap?

Big Mick

Referee
Bingo Mal.

If I was the Titans...i'd be securing him.

I'm sure they would have made a ton more off his Jersey sales since coming into the league.

dragonfire

Bench
Bingo Mal.

If I was the Titans...i'd be securing him.

I'm sure they would have made a ton more off his Jersey sales since coming into the league.

its an interesting situation. At the moment the guy is their workhorse and could burn out in a couple years so i can understand him wanting to get paid but its complete BS for him ot be able to hold out when he is already under a contract... Its that simple

Big Mick

Referee
its an interesting situation. At the moment the guy is their workhorse and could burn out in a couple years so i can understand him wanting to get paid but its complete BS for him ot be able to hold out when he is already under a contract... Its that simple

Just like its complete BS that clubs can just release players owing them nothing after contributing so much to a franchise.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

As Faulk said. His leverage will never be better. Even if they give him a 1 year bonus riddled extension, after next year if he goes for 1,900 yards...they'll say he is on the decline...

I fully support him in this. The main deserves to be paid.

How much do you think the Titans have made on C.Johnson jerseys since he came into the league.

I'd bet millions upon millions.

Monk

Referee
OMG, he is thinking about holding out, WILLING TO TRADE JOHNSON FOR FINAL PICK IN DRAFT

jks, he is a stud, and will get $$$