What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Gridiron movies

stormbati

Bench
So what's your favourites?I love American Football movies, but only a few I've watched over and over.
My favourites would have to be;
1. Remember the Titans
2. The Express
3. Invincible

all true stories

here's a list of most, if not all the Gridiron movies I've seen apart from my top 3
We are Marshall
The Blindside
Gridiron Gang
Any given Sunday
The longest yard
The Waterboy and a few more I can't think of right now.

Big Mick

Referee
Love all of them.

But my top 3 would be:

1. Remember the Titans
2. The Blindside
3. Any Given Sunday

Loved Rudy, The Express, Invincible, Longest Yard, Gridiron Gang, We Are Marshall, Friday Night Lights, Varsity Blues etc.

All top movies

Mhartew

Juniors
I love a good Gridiron movie. Remember the Titans is obviously the easy choice as the best one.

I like all the movies mentioned above as well. Another couple I'd like to mention are less serious ones like The Replacements and Little Giants.

stormbati

Bench
Friday Night Lights, yep great movie. The replacements wasnt bad and Little Giants im sure ive seen but cant remember.

DC_fan

Coach
I would have to say my favourite Gridiron moves would be

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (1979)
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 2 (1980)

The recently demolished Texas Stadium which was the former home of the great Dallas Cowboys was used in the making of the movie Any Given Sunday.

gronkathon

First Grade
Love a good Gridiron movie.

So much so that watching Foxtel in a weekend stupor a few years ago I got halfway through a movie about it to realise it was actually a Jesus movie.

legend

Coach
Any Given Sunday
Remember The Tight Ones
Varsity Blues
Wildcats
The Replacements
Jerry Maguire (as it featured the Broncos)
The Longest Yard (original)

DC_fan

Coach
Another one that should be on everyones list is We Are Marshall.

Its a very moving movie about the plane crash that took out nearly the entire Marshall University football team back in 1970.