What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Punk/Hardcore/Emo/Ska Show Thread

There seems to be a few people on this forum into these awesome types of music, so here is a place where we can discuss upcoming shows as well as review shows we recently saw

post away

shows that look pretty good to me atm:

MAY:

Shai Hulud (13th- Sydney, 14th- St Ives, 15th-Brisbane, 16th- Gold Coast, 18th-Newcastle, 19th- Canberra, 22 & 23- Melbourne)

Joey Cape & Tony Sly (22nd- Melbourne, 23rd- Wollongong, 26th- Sydney, 27th- Newcastle, 28th- Sunshine Coast, 29th-Brisbane)

JUNE:

Story of the Year , Saosin & Blessthefall (11th- Melbourne, 12th- Sydney, 13th- Brisbane)

JULY:

Strike Anywhere (17th- Melbourne, 18th- Central Coast, 19th & 20th- Sydney, 21st- Newcastle, 22nd- Brisbane)

Aaron_sfas

Juniors

MAY:

Shai Hulud (13th- Sydney, 14th- St Ives, 15th-Brisbane, 16th- Gold Coast, 18th-Newcastle, 19th- Canberra, 22 & 23- Melbourne)

Joey Cape & Tony Sly (22nd- Melbourne, 23rd- Wollongong, 26th- Sydney, 27th- Newcastle, 28th- Sunshine Coast, 29th-Brisbane)

JUNE:

Story of the Year , Saosin & Blessthefall (11th- Melbourne, 12th- Sydney, 13th- Brisbane)

JULY:

Strike Anywhere (17th- Melbourne, 18th- Central Coast, 19th & 20th- Sydney, 21st- Newcastle, 22nd- Brisbane)

was disappointed they dropped off the nfg tour. wont bother seeing them this time. hit the lights were pretty good in their absense

and i dont believe there are many bands coming out in the near future. at least not any i want to see.

Yeah im going to see joey cape and strike anywhere.
last show i went to was no fun at all which was f**king awesome

zombie jesus

Staff member
The most recent incarnation of Toe To Toe have some dates coming up, shall be attending.

Liam

Juniors

MAY:

Forgot the best part of this show which is Hand of Mercy and Shinto Katana opening.

I'm going to Confession this friday and Evergreen Terrace on the 19th May as well.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hardcore 2010 - Mindsnare + Toe To Toe + Extortion + Blkout + Relentless + Ill Brigade
Manning Bar July 2nd. There's an all ages show too.

Between The Devil And The Deep, Grand Fatal,Like...Alaska, Suprise Wasp @ The Sando, Newtown, June 11.

natheel

Coach
Hardcore 2010 - Mindsnare + Toe To Toe + Extortion + Blkout + Relentless + Ill Brigade
Manning Bar July 2nd. There's an all ages show too.

Between The Devil And The Deep, Grand Fatal,Like...Alaska, Suprise Wasp @ The Sando, Newtown, June 11.

Ill brigade are a pretty decent band mates with the old bass player so seen them a few times

Red Bear

Referee
Went to watch The Meanies supported by 'Stumblin Jesus Mosquito' (which turned out to be Tumbleweed:)) at the Ananndale hotel last night, not having been to the Annandale before. What a venue, dont know what it's like for other styles of music but the perfect punk venue. Small intimate and loud as f**k. Wish I'd seen Rise Against their in 05 when they were at the peak of their powers, alas i was underage in those days.

Concert was awesome, great band which are unfortunately difficult to get a hold of their music, thanks to it being largely out of print. Great set list and a helluva energetic performance from Link, including a bar run and jump into the crowd. Plenty of top tunes played, including gangrenous, darkside of my mind, ten percent weird, ton of bricks etc etc. Bit dissapointed to not get either Paranoid or Your Pathetic but a great show none the less.

Also saw Jay Frenzal there, who said a new Frenzal album was in the works for early next year. Good night all round.

natheel

Coach
Saw Joey cape and Tony sly last night it was great good interactions with the crowd etc met Joey and Tony cool down to earth guys

Red Bear

Referee
at unibar im assuming? Big Crowd?

Strung out at the unibar in a few weeks, might head along, although I'ves een them four times now so don't know if i'll bother going again

natheel

Coach
at unibar im assuming? Big Crowd?

Strung out at the unibar in a few weeks, might head along, although I'ves een them four times now so don't know if i'll bother going again

Yeh uni bar not a big crowd prob 200 heaps intimate actually lots of fun
yeh I might be goin to strung out but I'm seeing them at come together anyway so not sure but my mates r supporting

zombie jesus

Staff member
If you're not going to Hardcore 2010 then go to this

Frenzal Rhomb, Front End Loader, Old Music For Old People @ the Annandale 2nd July

Old Music For Old People are a cover band, do all 90's punk rock, Fat Wreck/Epitaph sort of stuff...... pretty fun.

Red Bear

Referee
Was about the mention that, Frenzal Rhomb at the Annandale should be great fun. Great venue that one.

Liam

Juniors
Pumped for:
Second day of Hardcore 2010 on the 3rd July.
Mary Jane Kelly & Dead Kings 19th July.
Sienna Skies, Resist the Thought & Vegas in Ruins 1st August.
Parkway Drive & 50 Lions 24th September.

natheel

Coach
saw strung out, loved ones and Frenzal at come together festival. Loved Ones impressed me i love them anyway but theyre very energetic on stage which i didnt really expect. strung out were f**king awesome, loved them and frenzal never dissapoint!!!

Latest posts