What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Game 2 Lineups?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
4. Michael Jennings
5. Drawing a blank. Not a fullback or center that's for f**king sure though, pick somebody that actually plays the position (crazy i know).

11. Luke Lewis

If you are stuck for a winger you might as well go with Gordon, Jennings' club partner. Especially if Lewis is playing on the right edge too in your team.

Garts

Bench
All these teams named above will not make much difference. The facts are qld have a great side. I dont think playing Pearce at half or Carney at 5/8 or Gallen in the backrow etc etc is going to change the end result.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All these teams named above will not make much difference. The facts are qld have a great side. I dont think playing Pearce at half or Carney at 5/8 or Gallen in the backrow etc etc is going to change the end result.
True, NSW have no frontrowers and our halves just can't compete with QLD's. I mean Cronk is on the bench and Prince can't even get a crack FFS!!

Lungfish

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Morris
3.Lyon
4.Jennings
5.Robertson(An out an out winger,great read in defense and great finisher)
6.Barrert
7.Kimmorley
8.Weyman
9.Ennis
10.Tom LL
11.Waterhouse
12.Watmough
13.Gallen
14.Gidley
15.King
16.Lewis
17.Snowden

Last edited:

Garts

Bench
True, NSW have no frontrowers and our halves just can't compete with QLD's. I mean Cronk is on the bench and Prince can't even get a crack FFS!!

Exactly, we were beaten by a better side. Making 7 changes is going to do us no good!!!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Jennings
3. Tahu
4. Lyon
5. Morris
6. Campese
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. *insert decent prop*
11. Watmough
12. Lahrs
13. Waterhouse

14. Gidley
15. Lewis
16. *insert decent prop*
17. *insert decent prop*

Shanky

Juniors
Anyone picking a team without Kimmorley wasn't watching the game tonight. He was about our only player who was not only trying, but actually doing well too. He also amps up his defence for origin, not the leaky sieve he was notorious for being anymore.

The team I would pick for game2I:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Michael Jennings
6. John Sutton
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Keith Galloway
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Trent Waterhouse

Anyone who thinks we are going to outmuscle Queensland's pack with the likes of White, Perry and Creagh is kidding themselves. Gidley and Waterhouse scrape through to keep as much of the team from game 1 together as possible. In fairness to Waterhouse, its not that he's not a quality player, just that we are rich in backrowers and i'd like to see someone like Anthony Laffranchi get picked. Gidley should be gone by game 3, pick another prop in his place, and let Lewis move from lock to utility if thats what we need during the game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly, we were beaten by a better side. Making 7 changes is going to do us no good!!!!!

Honest question and you would know as I don't watch too many Manly games. Is Hodkinson ready? Could he do the job outside an experienced 5/8th?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mannah, Snowden, Galloway, Gibbs, Douglas - there is no way any of them could be worse than White and Perry, FFS!

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Joel Thompson is having a great year statistically. What is wrong with him, Raiders fans?

Lungfish

Juniors
Mannah, Snowden, Galloway, Gibbs, Douglas - there is no way any of them could be worse than White and Perry, FFS!

Perry has played well all year but had an off night tonight along with a few more.But for you to throw up Galloway and Gibbs...well ..thats just taking the piss!

greeny12

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B.Morris
3. J.Morris
4. Lyon
5. Jennings
6. Bird
7. Pearce (it hurts to say it - i hate this bastard)
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. TLL
11. Hindmarsh
12. Waterhouse
13. Gallen
---------------
14. Lewis
15. Watmough
16. Perry
17. Creagh

Hindy or Gallen for Captain.

Still think our halves lack creativity but that's the best we got.

sputneek

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. J. Morris
6. Lewis
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Learoyd-Lahrs
11. Waterhouse
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Douglas
15. Snowden
16. G. Stewart
17. Carney

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Honest question and you would know as I don't watch too many Manly games. Is Hodkinson ready? Could he do the job outside an experienced 5/8th?

I'd have more faith in him than Kimmorley. If game 2 is lost, game 3 would be an option.

I can't believe people are hacking up Lyon when he actually put players into gaps, put kicks in that were regathered and did actually hit the line and put up dangerous bombs. Sure I think he should be at centre just as much as everybody else, however he showed a lot more ability to attack. Kimmorley was absolutely useless outside his long kicking. FFS Watmough and Lyon set up the NSW tries from kicks. As far I can tell, that was supposed to be Kimmorley's job.

Hodkinson would handle the defence ok, however I think he still needs to develop his attacking ability a bit. He is a talent though.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hayne
Morris
Morris
Lyon
Jennings
Campese
Kimmorley
White
Ennis
Weyman
Gallen
Waterhouse
Watmough

Learoyd-Lahrs
Lewis
Gidley
King

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'd have more faith in him than Kimmorley. If game 2 is lost, game 3 would be an option.

I can't believe people are hacking up Lyon when he actually put players into gaps, put kicks in that were regathered and did actually hit the line and put up dangerous bombs. Sure I think he should be at centre just as much as everybody else, however he showed a lot more ability to attack. Kimmorley was absolutely useless outside his long kicking. FFS Watmough and Lyon set up the NSW tries from kicks. As far I can tell, that was supposed to be Kimmorley's job.

Hodkinson would handle the defence ok, however I think he still needs to develop his attacking ability a bit. He is a talent though.

Agree about Watmough and Lyon, best NSW players I thought, Lyon should be centre, he showed in that little bit at the end why he should be at centre when he put it on Idris' chest to fall over the line.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
I don't buy into the crap about Qld being so superior that they'll win no matter what team we pick, although it does help them when our selectors keep shooting us in the feet.
NSW has picked dodgy teams for years now and the last couple of years, especially last year, NSW actually played better than Qld.
Last year Qld played crap and NSW played ok and should have won but either choked towards the end or just plain stuffed up and handed a couple of wins to Qld. They did nothing special at all last year, just cruised until NSW pooed their pants.

Also look at Fatty's nuffies, the opposition doesn't matter if you want it more.

So anyway...
- No Gidley in the team, he is crap.
- Lyon is much better at centre than 5/8 and Cooper was hopeless.
- I wasn't too sure about Tahu either, but he didn't look as bad as Cooper. Jennings would still be a good choice. I went for Tahu because he can smash guys and NSW needs more of that.
- Barret shouldn't even get a mention, the Dragons had a better record without him and he comes back and leads the worst team in the comp, I really don't get why people think he's so good. I wouldn't be surprised if his Origin record was crap too.
- Pearce to me is similar to Soward, even though he is a better defender Soward, which isn't saying anything really. They both have a kicking game and not much else.

1. Hayne - I can't believe they put that imposter Gidley in the team infront of Hayne
2. B Morris - Didn't do anything wrong and should be hanging around Origin for a while.
3. Lyon - As much as I hate him, he probably deserves his spot, just not at 5/8.
4. Tahu - Let some tries in for Parra earlier in the yea but has been improving.
5. J Morris - Some may say he is out of position but I reckon he can handle it better than most. Maybe even give Burt a go, if Hasem can get a jersey then Burt could too, he wouldn't be any worse than the Wolfman.:lol:
6. Campese - This guy needs another chance, he could end up a good Origin player. NSW too often hangs players out to dry after one game.
7. Carney - Similar to Campese, he's too good to not to get a shot. These 2 in the halves are way more creative than the Kimmorley/Lyon combo.
8. Justin Poore - We need some big boppers, similar to Tahu in that he started slowly but has been improving every game.
9. Ennis - I hate this scumbag, but Farah is a myth. The only other option would be to put Lewis there, which may work out brilliantly.
10. Snowden - Again, big boppers and more aggro.
11. Hindmarsh (c) - He could be an inspirational captain and tighten up the defense, the forward pack can't all be attacking weapons, that will never work.
12. Watmough - Balances the Hindy factor by being the ball running, attacking 2nd rower.
13. Bird - More starch in defense and a little more creativity added.

14. Douglas
15. Gallen
16. Learoyd Lars
17. Lewis

If only Bellamy could go over the cap with NSW. :sarcasm:

Latest posts