What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R13 | Fri | Eels 24-10 Storm | Parramatta

Result: Eels v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What was the crowd figure at the ground last night...seemed like there was a lot of hot air during the week to me.

Glenn

First Grade
What was the crowd figure at the ground last night...seemed like there was a lot of hot air during the week to me.

7,500ish

I guess people get put off by a little thing such as 100mm of rain in less the 48 hours.

Compared to 11k for two well supported Sydney teams playing about 10kms away, so yes weather did have a impact on crowd numbers at both games.

innsaneink

Referee
Not one of Archer's better games IMO..Hayne should have been walked for his actions and then he starts lecturing the players about how they have too much to lose with silly actions.

He handled a tough game well imo, took control....Jason Robinson take note

He handled a tough game well imo, took control....Jason Robinson take note

It was a tough game but I think he got it wrong with Hayne though IMO.

I suppose all in all it was a great flowing game and would have been hard to ref in all circumstances.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Archer controlled the game well but I'm miffed as to how Hayne wasn't sent off. Headbutt is normally an immediate send-off from what I remember.

Slater and Mortimer disappearing was a good decision though.

Archer controlled the game well but I'm miffed as to how Hayne wasn't sent off. Headbutt is normally an immediate send-off from what I remember.

Slater and Mortimer disappearing was a good decision though.

Hayne would never get sent off...

gerg

Juniors
Walked for that, please put down your Storm coloured glasses for one minute if you can seriously say that was send off worthy then surely Slater a couple of minutes later should have been marched for a intentional elbow/forearm.

Or in about the 33rd minute of the first half, Hayne makes a break up touch line and slips over, Finch completes the tackle and Slater comes sliding in with the knees.

the way I saw that tackle was that Finch was trying to get a penalty for a voluntary tackle and Slater slid into the back of Finch. There wasn't much in Hayne's attempted Liverpool Kiss (more kiss than liverpool) yet Slater had a lot more intent with the elbow.

Hayne 1 week, Slater 2 weeks.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Along with Thurston and Lockyer.

and Slater, he should've been sent for the elbow (knees were penalty at worst) but wasn't even placed on report, yes it got binned but it wasn't for the elbow but the fight that was caused by it.

White also took Fui out when he was no where near the ball not a high shot but still another dirty piece of play

could have a lot of players missing from the Origin

the tackle the led to Slater's elbow was a flashback to the end of Origin III last year they wanted Hayne to have the ball for no reason then to take him out and start something