What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior rugby league

Dragons61

Juniors
The Junior rugby league have scheduled no games for the long weekend except for the A grade challenge against Souths and a couple of 21s games. With the last 2 weeks being washed out this will mean that there will be 3 weeks between games for most players. The games that have been washed out will not be played and the competition will be reduced by 2 games. I think this is a disgrace. Surely the Junior league has an obligation to the kids in the shire to ensure they play as many games as possible. The rego fees aren't cheap and this year every player has been hit with a $20 levy. If you play footy or have kids that play I encourage you to contact the junior league (see sporting pulse for Cronulla Juniors, under executive for contact numbers) to voice your displeasure. The games could also be played during the middle weekend of the school holidays but it all seems too hard for the junior league - maybe it's time for a change and to put people in charge who have the best interests of rugby league and the youth of the shire first.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I knew you would Quigs.

Should take his kids over to the Earlwood frikkin Saints if he doesn't like the CSDJRL.

DJDL

Bench
Quigs, your sig brings something to mind - I don't recall seeing Popper in here lately. Has he gone missing? Or have I just not noticed him posting as I'm not in here that much lately?

Quigs

Immortal
I would even go so far as to suggest that maybe he might even consider taking his tent and camels and move out of the shire to a more prosperous location - maybe carlton or bexley.

Where all the kiddies can play junior rugby league to their hearts content.

Gee...... talk about people wanting to have their cake and eat it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

samshark

Juniors
It is a valid point he raises though. I am not happy about it as well. No reason why games cannot be played next weekend. It was meant to be set aside for wash out games. There are a few dinosaurs in the junior league committee as well. Some new blood would be good.

The website link to complain is:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=7-1127-0-0-0&sID=13528

In regard to rego fees, I think to complain about that is a little harsh. The fees charged are not too bad and also depends on each club. My club the Stingrays its free. The $20 is not the fault of the junior league because they are broke as well. Have a look at other sports - indoor cricket, Oztag. You pay $70 for kids Oztag and are lucky to get 10 games.

Quigs

Immortal
Maybe Popper got hyperthermia after one of our recent home games.

I heard Redders leaves all the windows down on the Courtesy Bus to save money on the air con.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs