What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine

hardbaby

Coach
Mundine, Mundane...such a tight arse, self-aggrandizing toss pot he fights losers and then makes them sell their own tickets to make any money. Take another pilgrimmage to Mecca mate - you may learn values like humility, fairness and equity. Big "L" loser. You are running on tired legs and talking with tired lips.

Avenger

Immortal
Mundine, Mundane...such a tight arse, self-aggrandizing toss pot he fights losers and then makes them sell their own tickets to make any money. Take another pilgrimmage to Mecca mate - you may learn values like humility, fairness and equity. Big "L" loser. You are running on tired legs and talking with tired lips.

Great post. :thumb

Godz Illa

Coach
Amusingly... today's Collins Desk Calendar quote is by the playwright W Somerset Maugham and it reads:

"Perfection has one grave defect: it is apt to be dull"

Godz Illa

Coach
Anyone catch the razzle dazzle from Beau Champion tonight? After one try he pointed at the sky, after the other he pointed at the camera! That's entertainment folks!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I hate this guy. Ever since the Melb 70-10 game where he walked off smiling whilst the rest of the boys like Browny walked off as if they were at a funeral. At that point I lost all respect for the man. W%$nker.

He played some absolute cracking games in the red V and gave us great memories but at the end of the day he walked out when the going got tough and they needed him most.

I hate this guy. Ever since the Melb 70-10 game where he walked off smiling whilst the rest of the boys like Browny walked off as if they were at a funeral. At that point I lost all respect for the man. W%$nker.

He played some absolute cracking games in the red V and gave us great memories but at the end of the day he walked out when the going got tough and they needed him most.

Agreed, clearly dosent given a stuff about the Saints anymore, we lost interest in him a while ago too... he's an ageing hasbeen...
I hope Garth Wood knocks him out

getsmarty

Immortal
Episode 45: Anthony Mundine: “They never gave me a chance with the national team and that’s all I wanted”
This is the big one folks! The Red V Podcast goes 1 on 1 with Anthony Mundine.
Choc chats about his career in the Red V and talks in detail about the 1996 and 1999 seasons.
Tonsillitis on 1999 Grand Final day, talking the talk to get under the skin of his rivals Fittler and Daley and leaving football and dealing with racism: Anthony Mundine doesn't back down in this tell all chat.
We also chat JDB trial, Kaide Ellis re-signing and review the halfback position in 2020.

https://redvpodcast.podbean.com/e/e...ith-the-national-team-and-thats-all-i-wanted/

https://www.podbean.com/site/EpisodeDownload/PBF3268938VE8

Gareth67

First Grade
Episode 45: Anthony Mundine: “They never gave me a chance with the national team and that’s all I wanted”
This is the big one folks! The Red V Podcast goes 1 on 1 with Anthony Mundine.
Choc chats about his career in the Red V and talks in detail about the 1996 and 1999 seasons.
Tonsillitis on 1999 Grand Final day, talking the talk to get under the skin of his rivals Fittler and Daley and leaving football and dealing with racism: Anthony Mundine doesn't back down in this tell all chat.
We also chat JDB trial, Kaide Ellis re-signing and review the halfback position in 2020.

https://redvpodcast.podbean.com/e/e...ith-the-national-team-and-thats-all-i-wanted/

https://www.podbean.com/site/EpisodeDownload/PBF3268938VE8

Young Anthony has been quite for some time now so I suppose that ‘ it is safe to go back into the water ‘ ?

I will give it a listen , but if he says that he is the best then I will switch the bluudy thing off quicker than a rat leaving a sinking ship . :rat:

Mundane might be an idiot.

But I'd have him back in an instant.

Even at 45 he's better than abNormal.

I miss him & I miss Blacklock.

And he is not the reason we lost in '99.
We lost because our forwards turned to water.

Nailed on. We wouldn't have been anywhere near that Grand Final if it wasn't for Choc. Still the best player I've seen in the red and white in more than forty years. Legend of St George.

blue bags

First Grade
'One word ain't gonna change the core meaning': Anthony Mundine rejects national anthem tweak
By WWOS staff
3 hours ago

Australian boxing great Anthony Mundine says the national anthem change "still ain't good enough" and that it remains a "white supremacy song."

From today, the words "for we are young and free" in Advance Australia Fair will be replaced by "for we are one and free."

"Changing 'young and free' to 'one and free' takes nothing away, but I believe it adds much," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.

But Mundine, the Indigenous former NRL star, said that wasn't good enough.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fac9815af-7ae8-435e-8c85-f64eb9fe1bc6

Anthony Mundine at Acer Arena in Sydney. (Getty)
"One word ain't gonna change the core meaning of a song!" Mundine said in a statement.

"It's always gonna be a white supremacy song until the whole song is rewritten!

"Still ain't good enough!"

Many Indigenous Australians believe the anthem to be non-representative of their ancient culture, if not racist.

Mundine was also critical after the Wallabies sung the anthem in the Eora language for the first time last year.

He expanded on his issues with the anthem in an extensive interview with Wide World of Sports in 2019.

Indigenous Olympic hero Cathy Freeman, however, supported the change on Twitter.

"During the past year we have showed once again the indomitable spirit of Australians and the united effort that has always enabled us to prevail as a nation," Morrison added.

"It is time to ensure this great unity is reflected more fully in our national anthem.

"Also, while Australia as a modern nation may be relatively young, our country's story is ancient, as are the stories of the many First Nations peoples whose stewardship we rightly acknowledge and respect.

"In the spirit of unity, it is only right that we ensure our national anthem reflects this truth and shared appreciation."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/austr...response/59d0f812-a5fc-4ac9-becc-c48ef68f5b60

Gareth67

First Grade
'One word ain't gonna change the core meaning': Anthony Mundine rejects national anthem tweak
By WWOS staff
3 hours ago

Australian boxing great Anthony Mundine says the national anthem change "still ain't good enough" and that it remains a "white supremacy song."

From today, the words "for we are young and free" in Advance Australia Fair will be replaced by "for we are one and free."

"Changing 'young and free' to 'one and free' takes nothing away, but I believe it adds much," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.

But Mundine, the Indigenous former NRL star, said that wasn't good enough.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fac9815af-7ae8-435e-8c85-f64eb9fe1bc6

Anthony Mundine at Acer Arena in Sydney. (Getty)
"One word ain't gonna change the core meaning of a song!" Mundine said in a statement.

"It's always gonna be a white supremacy song until the whole song is rewritten!

"Still ain't good enough!"

Many Indigenous Australians believe the anthem to be non-representative of their ancient culture, if not racist.

Mundine was also critical after the Wallabies sung the anthem in the Eora language for the first time last year.

He expanded on his issues with the anthem in an extensive interview with Wide World of Sports in 2019.

Indigenous Olympic hero Cathy Freeman, however, supported the change on Twitter.

"During the past year we have showed once again the indomitable spirit of Australians and the united effort that has always enabled us to prevail as a nation," Morrison added.

"It is time to ensure this great unity is reflected more fully in our national anthem.

"Also, while Australia as a modern nation may be relatively young, our country's story is ancient, as are the stories of the many First Nations peoples whose stewardship we rightly acknowledge and respect.

"In the spirit of unity, it is only right that we ensure our national anthem reflects this truth and shared appreciation."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/austr...response/59d0f812-a5fc-4ac9-becc-c48ef68f5b60

Look I can understand where he is coming from , however Cathy Freeman comments were positive. Unfortunately the ‘ Mouth from the South ‘ is mostly negative in just about anything.

I believe what ‘ The Man ‘ truly needs to understand , is that he does not speak for the entire aboriginal community .

denis preston

First Grade
bzzt.... incorrect.
glass jaw

Bennie Briscoe says hi !
Problem with Mundine senior was very bad management & training from Ern McQuillan. Ern sent a very good boxer called Bob Dunlop who won the commonwealth light heavyweight championship to his professional grave by immediately taking the money for his protégé to fight world rated & future champ Torres, who murdered Dunlop and was not seen again. Yes , Mundine snr wasn't the greatest in taking a punch but his management had no idea how to pace their boxes internationally to give them the best career. Ern saw the dollars and put him up against "the wild bull of the Pampas " and again it was the end for his man.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Look I can understand where he is coming from , however Cathy Freeman comments were positive. Unfortunately the ‘ Mouth from the South ‘ is mostly negative in just about anything.

I believe what ‘ The Man ‘ truly needs to understand , is that he does not speak for the entire aboriginal community .
He's still entitled to his opinion, as whacky as it may be at times.

But I think he's right about the anthem. Did anyone read the lyrics of Advance Australia Fair when it was adopted as the anthem in 1984? It's essentially about British superiority and colonisation..

Some will argue that it's better than God Save The Queen but surely we can do better than 'better than'.

Advance Australia was written over 140 years ago, and hardly reflective of Australia today. Yes, I know the lyrics are being altered, like one word at a time, At this rate we should get it right by the year 2270. I say we just ditch it altogether.