What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref's turn blind eye

derekmc

Juniors
How good was it to see the refs get on with play while Thurston squirmed on the ground looking for a penalty. Luke put a couple of great shots on Thurston that in any other game would have been a penalty for sure.

Looks like Thurston is free game now!!!!!

Karma for the bigmouth.

Fein

First Grade
How good was it to see the refs get on with play while Thurston squirmed on the ground looking for a penalty. Luke put a couple of great shots on Thurston that in any other game would have been a penalty for sure.

Looks like Thurston is free game now!!!!!

Karma for the bigmouth.

I hate the merkin.

He was mouthing off to the refs again last night so he got what he deserved.

The prick then had the front to whinge in the press conference after the game about how he got hit by a raised forearm by Luke.

He said it twice the f**king cat.

So much for the old saying of "what happens on the field stays on the field" that sportsmen the world over normally adhere to.

I can't understand why QLD pick him over Scott Prince.

Zigwaa

Bench
I hate the merkin.

The prick then had the front to whinge in the press conference after the game about how he got hit by a raised forearm by Luke.

So much for the old saying of "what happens on the field stays on the field" that sportsmen the world over normally adhere to.

Mate you've lost the plot! The media asked him about the incident, what was he meant to say? He's the best halfback in the world is why he gets picked over Prince.

Wasn't good form from Luke, the second hit and should have been penalised. If that happened to Sandow we'd all be blowing up. The first hit was fine though.

I hate the merkin.

He also said he wasn't the type to lie down waiting for the penalty LMAO

Fein

First Grade
He also said he wasn't the type to lie down waiting for the penalty LMAO

Exactly right.

Zigwaa, best halfback in the world my arse.

You put Prince in those rep teams and see how he goes.

What you saw of Thurston last night sums him up perfectly.

Players of the calibre of Scott Prince do what he did on Sunday against the Raiders, almost single handedly won them the game from an impossible position.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Thurston is a petulent little merkin. Sulked like a scolded child last night, as he always does.

I love a bit of street justice as much as the next bloke, but I would hate to see the refs taking those liberties against my team though, as I'm sure you guys would with Souths. If it were Sandow who got off the charge Turston did the week before, would you be OK that the refs gave leeway to the opposition to hit him illegally (not a forearm as claimed - just shoulder charging the kicker, which is penalised this year)?

In no way am I batting for Thurston here, just asking you to consider the boot being on the other foot, so to speak.

dragondad

First Grade
I think last night was the refs getting one back on Thurston.

(1)Champion intercept was definately NOT advantage played
(2)Thurston got taken out in the air by Luke,I think he may have just gotten away with it because he was making a genuine attempt at the tackle,however the new interpretation states you cant attack the legs of the kicker when he's in the air.
(3)Luke then raised an elbow on Thurston,made contact with his shoulder to the head.No penalty which was beyond me,but rightfully will get a week for it.

Fein

First Grade
Thurston is a petulent little merkin. Sulked like a scolded child last night, as he always does.

I love a bit of street justice as much as the next bloke, but I would hate to see the refs taking those liberties against my team though, as I'm sure you guys would with Souths. If it were Sandow who got off the charge Turston did the week before, would you be OK that the refs gave leeway to the opposition to hit him illegally (not a forearm as claimed - just shoulder charging the kicker, which is penalised this year)?

In no way am I batting for Thurston here, just asking you to consider the boot being on the other foot, so to speak.

You are quite right Ronnie however Luke was side on when contact was made and not even looking at the runt.

The second one should have been a penalty though, as much as it made me laugh. :lol:

For anyone who has any doubts over how much of a cheating little merkin Thurston is, watch the first 10 minutes of that game last night again. At one point, Souths are on the attack about 30 metres out and a bomb goes up. Ben Lowe is charging through to contest and Thurston casually comes in and grabs an arm, holding him back. He continues to do so until Bowen has caught the ball and made it out of ingoal. By this point, its so obvious that Lowe is blowing up deluxe and pointing out the hold to the two blind Refs who rule play on. Had Thurston held his arm for much longer the two of them could have been declared an item. It was like watching a scared teen in a first date at a horror movie.

Watching live and watching Thurston closely, his game is littered with all these little trick shots that he manages to get away with. Yet, get one up on him and he bitches like half a Mothers Club meeting to everyone who will listen. Deserves everything he gets imo and whenever someone gets one over him, I applaud even though the totals will always be firmly in his favour.

Zigwaa

Bench
Exactly right.

Zigwaa, best halfback in the world my arse.

You put Prince in those rep teams and see how he goes.

What you saw of Thurston last night sums him up perfectly.

Players of the calibre of Scott Prince do what he did on Sunday against the Raiders, almost single handedly won them the game from an impossible position.

Did you see Origin 1? Thurston dominated that game.

I do agree with the calls he stayed down looking for a penalty. He was rolling around and looking up to see if anyone cared. Then said in the presser he's not the type to stay down looking for a penalty when that's exactly what he did!?!?

Still should have been a penalty tho.

hunters

Juniors

(2)Thurston got taken out in the air by Luke,I think he may have just gotten away with it because he was making a genuine attempt at the tackle,however the new interpretation states you cant attack the legs of the kicker when he's in the air.
(3)Luke then raised an elbow on Thurston,made contact with his shoulder to the head.No penalty which was beyond me,but rightfully will get a week for it.

I'm afraid it was advantage played. The ref is the sole judge of that and he said it was played. That was the rule that everyone screamed for so move on sunshine.

Luke's elbow was not raised and at worst any contact to the head was a slight brush.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors

sandow wouldnt have gotten off the charge. few player would have. the refs are the silent victems sometimes... last night they got one back

You need to look at little more closely. He hits him with his shoulder and his forearm comes up after impact.

Last edited: