What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go afl!!!!!

Nevan_

First Grade
Of.

Ask the Qld Government Transport Department how many licences they have transfered from Vic to Qld over the past 20 years.:shock:

I'll take that as a no, you don't have any proof to back up your claim that "Wrong half of QLD is Victorian expats Nevan".

What about your claim that "more than one quater along the south of canberra and the murray areas are lovers of Aussie Rules.". Where is your proof?

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Of.

Ask the Qld Government Transport Department how many licences they have transfered from Vic to Qld over the past 20 years.:shock:

they dont have to ask anyone anything

if you are making the claims you should be backing them up

there are a lot of expat Vics up here, but there are also alot of people from Sydney and Newcastle ect

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Wrong half of QLD is Victorian expats Nevanand more than one quater along the south of canberra and the murray areas are lovers of Aussie Rules.

Migrants from NSW have been the most common immigrants to QLD since the early 90's according to the ABS.

Vic immigrants were the biggest in the 80's which is why they brought into two AFL teams, both of which failed hilariously. Doubt they'll be any different this time around.

El Diablo

Post Whore
they dont have to ask anyone anything

if you are making the claims you should be backing them up

there are a lot of expat Vics up here, but there are also alot of people from Sydney and Newcastle ect

correct http://www.oesr.qld.gov.au/queensla...erstate-arrivals-qld-state-depart/index.shtml

33arqft.jpg

This chart clearly shows more people have migrated to Queensland from NSW, not Victoriania

case closed

intentcity

First Grade
Nice reply - but you have to remember Intencity is clearly of the belief he is superior to all of us. He even drinks red wine:lol::lol:

nothing wrong with a drop of red, i like it anyway, i only drink it when ive had my fill of scotch and coke.

intentcity

First Grade
seeing as though you seem to be completely infatuated by me

1. I have no idea what Reddy said, I didn't read his comments
2. I lived near Geelong for over 10 years and played with my local team after a few years. I found it easy being so tall.

there you go groupie

and whether you believe me or not, I really couldn't give a sh*t

now, since you quoted my original post, do you actually have anything to add to an AFL forum or are you just a pathetic troll ?

how dare you call me a pathetic troll, im not pathetic at all.:D

anyway, peace dude, i obviously had a few to many when posting that.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Wrong half of QLD is Victorian expats Nevanand more than one quater along the south of canberra and the murray areas are lovers of Aussie Rules.

Here's your TV ratings that back up what you say from the surrounding districts of the South of Canberra. :lol:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...as-capital-shuns-friday-night-afl/670460.aspx

Time-slot review as capital shuns Friday night AFL

MERRYN SHERWOOD
08 Jun, 2007 07:49 AM
AFL NSW/ACT officials will meet with Prime television general manager Doug Edwards early next week to discuss the future of prime time free-to-air Friday night football in Canberra.
Last week Prime attracted only a 12.9 per cent share of Friday night audiences in the Canberra region between 7.30pm and 11.30pm.
In comparison, Friday night rugby league on WIN attracted 33.4 per cent of viewers in the same time-slot.
During the second half of the ratings block, from 9.30pm, Prime's AFL viewing audience dropped to a mere 8.7 per cent, the worst of any free-to-air channel.
The result could only be seen as disappointing given the match broadcast was a much-anticipated clash between Collingwood and Fremantle.
Prime has broadcast Friday night AFL matches in the Canberra and southern NSW region in the prime-time slot of 8.30pm for the first 10 weeks of the 2007 season.

All Friday night games are shown live on Foxtel, but Prime provides the only free-to-air Friday night coverage.
Tonight's match between Essendon and West Coast will be shown at the same time.
But Edwards had made it clear at the start of the season AFL would hold the 8.30pm time slot only on an 11-week trial and, depending on ratings, it could be pushed back to 9.30pm.
AFL NSW/ACT general manager Dale Holmes said yesterday he had been in contact with Edwards and together they would analyse the 11-week period early next week.
"It's still a work in progress and there is room for improvement," Holmes said.
"As to the immediate future for the rest of this season, it would be premature to make any assumptions as I really don't know until we get through the analysis."
Edwards had said at the start of the season he would judge the success of the coverage on Prime's individual Friday night figures compared to the past few years and not in direct relation to other stations. Edwards told The Canberra Times if the ratings equalled those for a Friday night movie or even slightly less, then AFL would likely stay at 8.30pm.

Massive penetration into southern NSW aye.

footy_fumbler

Juniors
Well put more teams in QLD then, you won't your too scared.

Go @FL you are way better than the poxy insignificant NRLL.

footy_fumbler

Juniors
AFL is taking over QLD they love the sport there, good on them for following the best team game in the world.

Xman

Bench
Just a selection of anti-AFL trolling in this thread alone, all allowed by this boards "administrator". :roll:

Now head on over to the RL board on bigfooty and see how many threads include even one anti-NRL comment. I think you will find there is none.

This is the difference and the very reason this LU AFL board will never take off. NRL trolls are permitted to come in large numbers and destroy any constructive AFL discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just a selection of anti-AFL trolling in this thread alone, all allowed by this boards "administrator". :roll:

If you think that so called selection is trolling you really need to harden up, we allow people to post their opinions but draw the line at trolling in here

you obviously cant see the deleted posts, but dont let that stop you from making unsubstantiated accusations

Now head on over to the RL board on bigfooty and see how many threads include even one anti-NRL comment. I think you will find there is none.

well you've obviously never been there or do you have selective vision

This is the difference and the very reason this LU AFL board will never take off. NRL trolls are permitted to come in large numbers and destroy any constructive AFL discussion.

see my first comment above

we also host an AFL website douche so you really should get your facts right before you go shooting off prematurely at the keyboard

So if you wish to discuss AFL then fine, if you came here to troll and promote BF, then you'll be shown the door

have a nice day

Xman

Bench
If you think that so called selection is trolling you really need to harden up, we allow people to post their opinions but draw the line at trolling in here

you obviously cant see the deleted posts, but dont let that stop you from making unsubstantiated accusations

well you've obviously never been there or do you have selective vision

see my first comment above

we also host an AFL website douche so you really should get your facts right before you go shooting off prematurely at the keyboard

So if you wish to discuss AFL then fine, if you came here to troll and promote BF, then you'll be shown the door

have a nice day

Of course they are trolling!

I'm not promoting BF just hilighting the fact that BF don't tolerate trolling on the RL borad (check it if you don't believe me) yet it looks like it is totally permitted here.

You've deleted posts? Why have you left the one's you did then?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, I didn't meant to delete them, my mistake, I meant to quote them

like I said some of those comments were pretty soft, you came here with an agenda obviously, I think you need to grow a skin if they offended you

I think your the one that should check BF, I'm fully aware of it

sportive cupid

Referee
I'ma born and bred NSW person.
Never played any code of footy but my sons have played RL,RU,Soccer,and Aussie Rules.
I have Blue and Gold blood but....
I am cheering the Red and the White and so are my children.
I go to the games with my ex Victorian friends who would never think of coming with me to Parra games.

Xman

Bench
I'ma born and bred NSW person.
Never played any code of footy but my sons have played RL,RU,Soccer,and Aussie Rules.
I have Blue and Gold blood but....
I am cheering the Red and the White and so are my children.
I go to the games with my ex Victorian friends who would never think of coming with me to Parra games.

Have you been alienated for daring to go for the AFL?

Why won't your freinds go to an NRL game?