What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beccy displaying her pure and utter hatred of Rugby League

LESStar58

Referee
The AFL's attitude to its indigenous players is a revelation compared with league. These young athletes are embraced, their communities are celebrated and their talents are held in awe by all who follow Aussie rules.

Wow, I could have sworn there was a game celebrating Aboriginal RL players in Robina earlier in the year.

White Asutralia policy? For fecks sake!

WireMan

Bench
"The other lot are just as bad" is a really poor excuse.

Yours is the biggest rugby league comp in the world, why don't you start acting a bit more mature?

Greenbits

Juniors
There are a few factual errors in this article.

Tahu has confirmed the only offensive comment Johns said is the much publicised one. To imply otherwise is slander.

NSW officials released a statement that Tahu had left for personal reasons and that the situation was "messy" with more facts to come. The hamstring excuse was acutally suggested by Tahu.

She references the Brown incident in the article and seems to think it is a non-issue. The guy won't even apologise for it. Watch as the media downplay it (see the Offsiders this week end) and the AFL bury it.

Flapper

First Grade
There are a few factual errors in this article.

Tahu has confirmed the only offensive comment Johns said is the much publicised one. To imply otherwise is slander.

Personally I think that White Australia comment is very slanderous. f**king John Hartigan doesnt give you immunity from that sort of sh*t.

The Tank

Bench
I honestly opened this thread with a plan on reading this, and then expressing my hatred towards her after reading her tripe.

But, for once, I just read the title and decided - no, I just don't care what she has to say. I honestly have no idea what she said in this article and I'm smarter for it.

Same

nqcowboy87

Bench
I don't know much about AFL but does anyone know how many Polynesians they have. We all know there's oodles of em in League and Union but what about AFL? And what's their percentage in League - it'll be pretty decent I'm guessing.

i think theres one plus two melanesians, what a cross cultural game they have

Brutus

Referee
According to DUI Bec rugby league has a horrid culture and remains light years behind the AFL yet she constantly praises the bloke who has run the NRL for the last 9 years. Her "good friend".

Fancy sneaking off to a Melbourne rag to outline her hatred. It's sad old situation when many Melbourne media outlets continue to use her as the 'go to' person when they want a slant on what's happening in RL.

Wow, I could have sworn there was a game celebrating Aboriginal RL players in Robina earlier in the year.

AFL have played an Indigenous All-Stars team game in Darwin every second year since 2003 (vs one of its clubs). So, yes, good on the NRL for the game this year, but its not exactly their original idea. (Just like State of Origin ;-))

TheRam

Coach
AFL have played an Indigenous All-Stars team game in Darwin every second year since 2003 (vs one of its clubs). So, yes, good on the NRL for the game this year, but its not exactly their original idea. (Just like State of Origin ;-))

Oh you mental Cyclops, you.

Oh you mental Cyclops, you.

Must be something about Parra supporters, but they seem unable to rationally argue anything, just preferring to insult anyone who offers a counter point to their views.

I was just stating the facts. Can't you deal with facts that don't suit your view of the world?

Brutus

Referee
Must be something about Parra supporters, but they seem unable to rationally argue anything, just preferring to insult anyone who offers a counter point to their views.

I was just stating the facts. Can't you deal with facts that don't suit your view of the world?

Are there any sports writers in Melb that heap the same amount of crap on the AFL as DUI Bec does with RL?

I've heard there was one once. His funeral is next week.

Shire Panther

Juniors
I wonder if she will write anything about this http://http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1072462/former-afl-star-made-racist-aborigine-remark

Former AFL star 'made racist aborigine remark'

10:30 AEST Fri Jun 18 2010
57 minutes ago

By ninemsn staff

resizer.aspx

Former Hawthorn star Robert DiPierdomenico with some young fans.

A second racism scandal has hit the AFL with former Hawthorn star Robert DiPierdomenico reportedly describing Browlow medallist Gavin Wanganeen as "not too bad for an aborigine".
DiPierdomenico is alleged to have made the remark at a Hahndorf Football Club function last week, Adelaide's The Advertiser reports.
The club's president Trent Shortland told the newspaper he was approached by a member of the crowd who was offended by the remark.
"I told them if they were offended, that I would make some calls to the promoter and make them aware of it," he was quoted as saying.
"I took it seriously. This person is a good friend of mine and if they were offended ... I would take it seriously."
DiPierdomenico is yet to comment on the incident, but a witness at the event told The Advertiser when they complained to him about the remark he replied: "You'll get over it".
The alleged gaffe by DiPierdomenico comes just a day after reports Richmond footballer Mal Brown called Aboriginal players "cannibals" at a Melbourne luncheon.

El Diablo

Post Whore
oh no not again Beccy. not the good old AFL

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/anger-at-racist-gaffe-by-afl-star/story-e6frecj3-1225881079259

Anger at racist gaffe by AFL star

* KATE KYRIACOU
* June 17, 2010 8:59PM

FOOTBALL is embroiled in its second racism scandal in as many days as Hawthorn legend Robert DiPierdomenico stands accused of saying fellow Brownlow medallist Gavin Wanganeen was "not too bad for an aborigine".

The Advertiser yesterday learnt of the alleged gaffe, which is claimed to have been made to a crowd at a Hahndorf Football Club function last week that included children.

One offended witness claims to have approached DiPierdomenico after the speech only to be told: "You'll get over it."

HFC president Trent Shortland said the club was drafting a letter to the AFL after he was approached by a member of the crowd.

"I told them if they were offended, that I would make some calls to the promoter and make them aware of it," Mr Shortland said yesterday.

"I took it seriously. This person is a good friend of mine and if they were offended ... I would take it seriously."

Another witness, who spoke to The Advertiser on condition of anonymity, said: "He was talking about Aboriginal players and got on to Gavin Wanganeen.

"He was ... saying he played for Essendon and was a Brownlow medallist.

"And at the end he said: `Not too bad for an aborigine." People there were pretty shocked. There were kids there who look up to him who could easily go and repeat that sort of thing."

The revelation came the same day as former Richmond footballer Mal Brown defended his reference to Aboriginal players as "cannibals" at a Melbourne luncheon.

Brown yesterday apologised for his comments.

It also follows former rugby league champion Andrew Johns' resignation from the NSW State of Origin team last week for branding an indigenous opponent a "black * * * * ".

A spokesman for Perth company Mouse Promotions yesterday confirmed it had booked DiPierdomenico for the week's function but said it was unaware of the gibe.

"I was there, but I usually go out to the car and make phone calls when he talks," the spokesman said.

"If he said it, he would have said it in jest. He and Gavin are mates ... "

DiPierdomenico did not respond to a request for comment, lodged through his management.