What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

MountainMan

Juniors
I really rate young Ariu,from what I have seen he has a load of potential.

Although,I dont think half back is his gig,looks like a hooker,or mayb ball playing lock?

stretcher

Juniors
Hey stretcher, spot on. Where did i say anything about automatic selection for the kid or anyone else???????? I mentioned who i heard was going good!!!! Satini,regan, hetriks and others, just like you wrote????? lets not get ahead of ourselves and maybe read what is in the post not jump to the wrong conclusions!!!!!
You didnt have to say it we know what your thinking......

Fibroman

First Grade
Hey stretcher, spot on. Where did i say anything about automatic selection for the kid or anyone else???????? I mentioned who i heard was going good!!!! Satini,regan, hetriks and others, just like you wrote????? lets not get ahead of ourselves and maybe read what is in the post not jump to the wrong conclusions!!!!!

Stretcher has forgotten more than the rest of the people know about footy on this forum.

micro

Juniors
:eek:
You didnt have to say it we know what your thinking......
you are so talented!!!!! we on this forum are blessed with the help of a clairvoyant, tell me, what am i thinking now???????? At least that explains it, i thought you were mentally imbalanced.:lol::sarcasm::crazy:

stretcher

Juniors
:eek:
you are so talented!!!!! we on this forum are blessed with the help of a clairvoyant, tell me, what am i thinking now???????? At least that explains it, i thought you were mentally imbalanced.:lol::sarcasm::crazy:
Typical response from someone who has the brain function of a ten year old...

brothersleague

Juniors
whoever raps polumbo has got to be kidding themselves. people need to realise that c grade is a competition where half are serious and half arent, he obviously has performed agaionst low sides like colyton, st pats, minchinbury etc. i was lucky enough to get across to windsor to watch lower mtns v windsor in a cracking game won by mtns. pulumbo was up against alan eisenhuth who is only a fringe player on the wing for 20s and he absolutely tore pulumbo to shreds, he scored a double and beat him to set the winger up to score the winning try, and in attack pulumbo was dominated by his opposite once more. now i am not one to discredit players and am all for positive feedback, and i hope u can prove me wrong but that day he was SEVERLY outclassed. when he proves himself against top centres i will be the first to pour priase on him but that day is yet to come.

greenfins

Juniors
wow the 20's got out of jail tonight, second half went to sleep.
Still got the 2 points, jag a few more and may sneak into the 8

MountainMan

Juniors
whoever raps polumbo has got to be kidding themselves. people need to realise that c grade is a competition where half are serious and half arent, he obviously has performed agaionst low sides like colyton, st pats, minchinbury etc. i was lucky enough to get across to windsor to watch lower mtns v windsor in a cracking game won by mtns. pulumbo was up against alan eisenhuth who is only a fringe player on the wing for 20s and he absolutely tore pulumbo to shreds, he scored a double and beat him to set the winger up to score the winning try, and in attack pulumbo was dominated by his opposite once more. now i am not one to discredit players and am all for positive feedback, and i hope u can prove me wrong but that day he was SEVERLY outclassed. when he proves himself against top centres i will be the first to pour priase on him but that day is yet to come.

You must be watching the wrong kid mate?
1st of all windsor hasnt played mincho or st pats yet? they were the games that got post poned due to wet weather if i recall?..I did not watch the Colyton game so i wont comment.
2nd,I'v watched him in the sg ball (last season) not just C grade,and against Brothers,St Clair and Lower mountains ,In all game he was a stand out..If I recall, St clair have been the dominate force in that age group since under12s? ..so thats quite alot of years..He performed when they played and then played A grade after it ...Are they a "low" team/club ?
In the mountains match,i was watching the game from the same side that young eisenhuth and palumbo were on..palumbo scored a try or 2 if i recall and made eisenhuth look like a goose with a magnificant flick pass for his winger to score.And im sure palumbo injured there centre with a great ball n all hit which forced eisenhuth to swap sides n mark polumo.. So not sure how much you know about league mate,but if u call that "SEVERLY outclassed" you have no idea mate.
Also,if the kid is doing that bad how did u noticed him in that game?

brothersleague

Juniors
you are a joke, and i would not be surprised if you are ronnie polumbo himself!! u said how did i notice him if he isnt good, i noticed him because clowns like u had been talking him up and wanted to see what he was like! and if u want i will personally get penrith to fax me the score sheet to prove polumbo did not score once! he did do a move like u said to put the winger away, but was against a no name centre from lower mountains. eisenhuth from the ensuing kick off went to mark him as the centre was injured in the process and absolutely carved him all day. the game finished with eisenhuth on 2 tries and the winning try assist and pulumbo with one try assist against a nobody. also st pats mincho and colyton were examples, as if i was going to go and see who they played, it was to make a point.

i honestly have no idea how you can have such an absurd view of rugby league to think he won the centre battle that day. it is such a blinkered view.

P.S- centres switch sides at half time, so how can u watch the game from the side they were on? hahahahaha

You must be watching the wrong kid mate?
1st of all windsor hasnt played mincho or st pats yet? they were the games that got post poned due to wet weather if i recall?..I did not watch the Colyton game so i wont comment.
2nd,I'v watched him in the sg ball (last season) not just C grade,and against Brothers,St Clair and Lower mountains ,In all game he was a stand out..If I recall, St clair have been the dominate force in that age group since under12s? ..so thats quite alot of years..He performed when they played and then played A grade after it ...Are they a "low" team/club ?
In the mountains match,i was watching the game from the same side that young eisenhuth and palumbo were on..palumbo scored a try or 2 if i recall and made eisenhuth look like a goose with a magnificant flick pass for his winger to score.And im sure palumbo injured there centre with a great ball n all hit which forced eisenhuth to swap sides n mark polumo.. So not sure how much you know about league mate,but if u call that "SEVERLY outclassed" you have no idea mate.
Also,if the kid is doing that bad how did u noticed him in that game?

MountainMan

Juniors
you are a joke, and i would not be surprised if you are ronnie polumbo himself!! u said how did i notice him if he isnt good, i noticed him because clowns like u had been talking him up and wanted to see what he was like! and if u want i will personally get penrith to fax me the score sheet to prove polumbo did not score once! he did do a move like u said to put the winger away, but was against a no name centre from lower mountains. eisenhuth from the ensuing kick off went to mark him as the centre was injured in the process and absolutely carved him all day. the game finished with eisenhuth on 2 tries and the winning try assist and pulumbo with one try assist against a nobody. also st pats mincho and colyton were examples, as if i was going to go and see who they played, it was to make a point.

i honestly have no idea how you can have such an absurd view of rugby league to think he won the centre battle that day. it is such a blinkered view.

P.S- centres switch sides at half time, so how can u watch the game from the side they were on? hahahahaha

Yea mate I am him,Im a 39 year old father of 2 but yep thats me out there playing under the name rony polamo in the C Grade right? Good stuff mate.
icon14.gif

Iv wrapped him,Iv wrapped sam hollis,tori willi,matt penitani,trevor bolt,keti nanai,the list goes on,who by the way are all in the same age group,so dont know what your problem is CHAMP!
If u read it proply ,i was on the same side of them when he made allan look like a goose..
Anyway,i dont know how mature u are buddy,but bickering over a 18-19 yr old kid?....IMO his a talent,so are the rest I have wrapped in this forum.If you dont rate him/them,good on ya champ,thats your opinion which i dont give two sh*ts about
icon7.gif

And my view on rugby league? Dont be so worried about me bud..learn to grow up yeah..I got my opinion,you got yours,end of story.
Cheers

brothersleague

Juniors
Yea mate I am him,Im a 39 year old father of 2 but yep thats me out there playing under the name rony polamo in the C Grade right? Good stuff mate.
icon14.gif

Iv wrapped him,Iv wrapped sam hollis,tori willi,matt penitani,trevor bolt,keti nanai,the list goes on,who by the way are all in the same age group,so dont know what your problem is CHAMP!
If u read it proply ,i was on the same side of them when he made allan look like a goose..
Anyway,i dont know how mature u are buddy,but bickering over a 18-19 yr old kid?....IMO his a talent,so are the rest I have wrapped in this forum.If you dont rate him/them,good on ya champ,thats your opinion which i dont give two sh*ts about
icon7.gif

And my view on rugby league? Dont be so worried about me bud..learn to grow up yeah..I got my opinion,you got yours,end of story.
Cheers

39 yr old father yet sstill thrive on the local c grade comp, u have made it! haha im over talking with a completely blinkered tragic hu has no clue

ashton

Juniors
Australian Under 15 Championship Day1

Sunday 27 June
Game 1: Victoria 58 (Tries: Brandon Manase 4, Dillan Brittain 3, Jeremiah Leasi 2, John Filipo, Joseph Watene Lauina Goals: Aaron Teroi 4, Brendon Manase 2, Naseri Seve)defeated South Australia 8 (Tries: Dylan McLay, Michael Campbell )
Game 2: Northern Territory 16 (Tries: James Redman, Thomas Pearce, Haydon O’Brien Goals: Leroy Larson 2)defeated West Australia 10 (Tries: Cade Maloney, Royce Hunt Goals: Brandon Heta)
Game 3: Queensland White 46 (Tries: Delayne Ashby, Cade Maloney, Eric Blair, Riley Norris, Marion Seve, Lakehm Aiono, Duncan Paia’aua, Ryan Mitchell Goals: Duncan Paia’aua 4, Delayne Ashby 2, Marion Seve)defeated ACT 0
Game 4: NSWCHS 32 (Tries: Taane Milne, Addison Demetriou, Tevita Pangai, Zach Clay, Jack Bird, Sinapati Solia Goals: DeeJay Harris 4)defeated NSWCCC 0

Players of the Match-
VIC 3 – Brandon Manase (St Peters College, Cranbourne)
SA 9 – Dylan McLay ( Windsor Gardens Vocational College)
NT 13 – David Munroe ( Darwin High School)
WA 13 – Brayden Burdett ( Rockingham SHS)
Qld White 17 – Dylan McGrath (Miles State High School)
ACT 1 – Beau Donovan (St Edmunds College)
NSWCHS 12 – Salesi Funaki (Westfields SHS)
NSWCCC 10 - Matthew Lodge (Patrician Brothers Blacktown)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Matthew Lodge was great in Harold Matthews this year playing a year up. I guess he could be an option for Captain next year.

ashton

Juniors
Matthew Lodge was great in Harold Matthews this year playing a year up. I guess he could be an option for Captain next year.

I've never seen him play, don't know about a front rower as captain due to inter change. Who does he remind you of Daz?

ashton

Juniors
Lodge makes his mark

06 May 10 @ 03:21pm by Bryn Kay

5467d6a02b66480659afd93e1ddf66b7_resized.jpg

Matthew Lodge in action for the Penrith Panthers against South Sydney in the Harold Matthews Cup. Picture: CRAIG WILSON

HE may only be 15 years old, but Marsden Park’s Matthew Lodge is in a league of his own when matched up against competitors on the footy field.
The towering front-rower, who plays rugby league for St Patrick’s Junior Rugby League Club in Glenwood, has been playing representative rugby league for the Penrith Panthers’ under-17s Harold Matthew’s side this year, where his intimidating size has proved more than a handful for competitors.
Lodge is the Rouse Hill Times’ 2010 Junior Sports Star nominee for this week.
A student at Patrician Brothers’ College, Blacktown, he said he has noticed a definite step up in the intensity of playing representative rugby league since he linked up with the side earlier this year.
“It’s a bit more of a challenge, training is a lot harder,” he said.
“I’m learning heaps of new stuff. It’s faster, you have to be a lot fitter and you get tackled harder.”
The no-nonsense prop, who says he tries to emulate NRL star Petero Civoniceva because he “just does his job and makes metres on the field”, believes his side has been near the top of the Harold Matthew’s ladder because of the mateship the side has built.
“It’s really good playing games and even going to training because everyone is really good mates in the team.”
The awards are sponsored by Rebel Sport, Nash Patel’s The Good Guys and Supa Centa Castle Hill.
http://rouse-hill-times.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/lodge-makes-his-mark/

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I've never seen him play, don't know about a front rower as captain due to inter change. Who does he remind you of Daz?

He is just a hard working front rower. I guess in the mould of Luke Bailey.

He complimented the much more explosive Jakiel Fuimaono well this year in HM.

No reason why he can't be captain. Tim Grant was an excellent Junior Rep's captain.

ashton

Juniors
Day2 Results

Monday 28 June
Game 1: Northern Territory 18 (Tries: Kyle O’Brien, Thomas Pearce, Garry Keppel, David Munroe, Goals: Leroy Larson )defeated South Australia 0
Game 2: Queensland Maroons 26 (Tries: Nathan Wilson 2, Codey Kennedy, Lorenzo Vogel, Ashley Taylor Goals: Ashley Taylor 3)defeated NSWCCC 10 (Tries: Jackson Clarke, Rhys Clacherty Goal: Christian Kagiasis)
Game 3: NSWCIS 24 (Tries: Matt Collins, Haydn Campbell, Paul Maguire, Luke Burgess Goals: Haydn Campbell 3, Carlin Simon)defeated ACT 8 (Aiden Armati, Daniel Buitendam)
Game 4: Western Australia 40(Tries: Jean-Charl Smith 3, Dylan Howell, Jeremy Wallace, Brayden Burdett Goals:Brandon Heta 8) defeated Victoria 22 (Tries: Keenan Pesamino, Charles Fifita, Brandon Manase, Jarred Hargreaves-Mataese, Chanel Seigafo Goals: Aaron Teroi)

ashton

Juniors
DAY3

Tuesday 29 June
Game 1: Queensland White 54 (Tries: Duncan Paia’aua, 3 Dylan Mc Grath 2, Dean Bates, Rory Humphreys, Joshua Birch, Ryan Mitchell Goals: Delayne Ashby 9) defeated NSWCIS 6 (Tries: Ben Hunt Goals: Haydn Campbell )
Game 2: Queensland Maroon 16 (Tries: Harry Pondekas, Brendon McBryde, Lorenzo Vogel Goals: Ashley Taylor) defeated NSWCHS 14 (Tries: Salesi Funaki, Sione f**kof**ka, DeeJay Harris Goal: DeeJay Harris)
Players of the Match-
Qld White # 18 – James Iodice (Benowa State High School)
NSWCIS #13 – Paul Maguire (St Stanislaus College Bathurst)
Qld Maroon # 12 – Liam Anderson (Ignatius Park College, Townsville)
NSWCHS # 9 – Zach Clay (Hills State High School)

ashton

Juniors
Wednesday 30 June
Game 1: Victoria 30(Tries: Naseri Seve 2, Fred Fualau-liu, Chanel Seigafo, Charles Fifita, John Filipo Goals: Brandon Manase 3)defeated Northern Territory 14(Tries: Bobby Jo Flanagan, James Redman, Thomas Pearce Goal: Bradley Sneddon)
Game 2: Western Australia 22 (Tries: Dylan Howell, Jean-Charl Smith, Dylan King, Dylan Brandreth Goals: Brandon Heta 3) defeated South Australia 20(Tries: Sean Hughes, Nathaniel Damen, Jake Anderson Goals: Rivva Karpany 2)
SEMI FINAL 1: Queensland Whites 32 (Tries: Duncan Paia’aua , Tuli Leota, Liam Anderson, Jake Marchant, Joshua Birch, Marion Seve Goals: Delayne Ashby 4 ) defeated Queensland Maroons 22 (Tries: Lorenzo Vogel, Ashley Taylor, Nathan Wilson, Jayden Berrell Goals: Ashley Taylor 3)
SEMI FINAL 2: NSWCHS 40 (Tries: Taane Milne 2, Salesi Funaki, Tevita Pangai, Alex Johnston, Luke Monds, Robert Wolfgramm Goals: Deejay Harris 6)defeated NSWCCC 6 (Tries: Sione Tonga Goals: Sione Tonga )

Players of the Match-
Vic #17 John Filipo - Hume Central Secondary College
NT #10 Greg Frangoulis - Essington School
SA #4 Jake Anderson – Reynella East high School
WA # 1 Jordon Owen-Turner – Rockingham SHS
Qld Whites #12 Liam Anderson (Ignatius Park College Townsville)
Qld Maroons #9 Jayden Berrell (Coombabah Stae High School)
NSWCHS# 6 Jack Bird ( Illawarra SHS)
NSWCCC #11 Jaye Fuimaono ( Patrician Brothers College Blacktown)