What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis Appreciation Thread

Panther_Daz

Staff member
This bloke deserves his own thread. My predicition is that he will retire with the most tries and games for Penrith.

Believe it or not he is only just 26!

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah he is awesome, amazing how young he is, seems like he's been around forever...

Doomednow

Bench
I'm adding to this thread because I'm a huge appreciator. I was so happy when he decided not to go to souths after all.

One of our greats, easily.

Fibroman

First Grade
I've been saying this for some time now. Best lock forward in the NRL and Penrith's best lock of all time.

D

Deleted member 10972

Keep him at lock for the rest of his career and he will be the best player in Panthers history.

His transformation over the past couple of seasons have been outstanding.

Munky

Coach
and to think that mini bus had him playing half back a couple of years ago?

Those games at halfback IMO are responsible for him becoming the player he is today as are the year spents on the wing.

His timing with the ball thse days is pure class, always throws the ball at the perfect time.

Defences don't know how to react when he has the ball. He is strong, fast and has a great step. Any bad read is punished with a try or line break.

His time spent at winger means we can bomb the fullback all day and know that we are more than a 50/50 chance of getting a result with Coote and Lewis coming through.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Totally agree with the post above. Lewis simply can do pretty much everything in Rugby League. Not many others can claim to have the same skills.

Fibroman

First Grade
Totally agree with the post above. Lewis simply can do pretty much everything in Rugby League. Not many others can claim to have the same skills.

The NSW selectors don't share the same opinion otherwise he would have been in the starting lineup for origin 1.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah based on that selectors consider him at best the 7th best backrower in the game. It's a stigma he's retained from being such a versatile player.
Its an odd theory though because I think he's quite ineffective as an impact/utility. Just that as a starting player he can cover every position bar prop with aplomb. Should be NSW lock and captain long term. He has 5 years left in him and has already done everything in the game.

Dave Q

Coach
When he pulled out of the bunnies deal ( we all know the real reason), I was in tears. They streamed down my face as I passed the Sunnyholt rd M7 turnoff as I knew how gifted he was. And hes the sort of guy you dont mind supporting despite of his change of heart. Hes an absolute gamebreaking freak. The thinking persons footballer. Anyone who doesnt like him needs a good kick to the head.