What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers vs Warriors - Sunday 11th July

Panthers_God

Juniors
Appears to be no thread so far so here goes...

Penrith Panthers v New Zealand Warriors
Sunday 11 July 2010, 3:00pm AEST - CUA Stadium
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Chris James; Touch Judges: Grant Atkins and Paul Holland; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Panthers: 1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh 8. Matthew Bell 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 18. Travis Burns 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Sam McKendry 17. Nathan Smith
Reserves: 20. Masada Iosefa 19. Frank Puletua 14. Dane Laurie 21. David Simmons 22. Sandor Earl
Warriors: 1. Lance Hohaia 2. Bill Tupou 3. Joel Moon 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Isaac John 8. Jesse Royal 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Russell Packer 11. Simon Mannering(c) 12. Lewis Brown 13. Michael Luck
Interchange: 14. Ian Henderson 15. Ben Matulino16. Jeremy Latimore 17. Sione Lousi
Reserves: 20. Ukuma Ta'ai

This is an important game.

• Penrith hopefully wont be too disrupted from Origin, where as the Warriors have no orgin players.
  • Hohaia returns for the Warriors
  • Warriors have been in good form lately beating Parra, Roosters and Newcastle in their last three games. And had a 2 point loss to the dragons four rounds ago.
  • Daine Laurie has beeen named for the first time this season. If he can prove he is worthy of a bench spot he could take this Panthers team to the next level. Laurie is an impact player who proved to be unstopable at stages last season.
  • After last weeks performances I'd like to think that Purtell is being pressured by Tighe for the centre position and Simmons or Earl having a look on the wing but Elliott is probably thinking otherwise.

Fibroman

First Grade
I'm please this is a home game. We are a big chance at home, whereas Warriors are a completely different proposition over there.

Sleep

Juniors
Purtell/Gordon have a good combination going. I see only an injury allowing Simmons or Earl to get a look in.

Jennings and Tighe work well together too.

Barring anymore injuries I wouldn't make any changes to the side that ran out against Manly.

Coote, Gordon, Jennings, Purtell, Tighe, Graham, Walsh, Grant, Kingston, Civoniceva, Waterhouse, Pritchard, Lewis.

Cooper, McKendry, Bell and Iosefa.

I think that's our strongest team and they've been getting it done all year.

maple_69

Bench
I'd like to see Purtell and Gordon swap. Gordon I feel is very strong and more creative. He is also sound defensively and played centre as a junior. Purtell as far as I know has mostly played wing, so it would be worth a crack to switch them and get Flash more involved in attack and hopefully fix the defense down that side a bit.

Otherwise, I agree bring Tighe in and Simmons/Walker onto the wing.

Can't see Elliott trying anything like that if we stay injury free and I wouldn't really blame him.

Looking forward to this game myself - If the warriors bomb out this year i'll back penrith to go all the way. It will be an exciting game because both teams are entertaining to watch and should be the clash of the week

hellteam

First Grade
Any news on Luke Lewis?

...want to buy him in fantasy and want to know if he's fit this weekend.\

shags

Juniors
Would have to be a nasty cork to stop him from playing you would think. Still any word on him would be appreciated.

Kilkenny

Coach
Picking up a decent corked thigh in a mid week game can make it difficult to recover from in four days. Given a full week to recover perhaps a different story. From what I've heard he is expected to recover in time, hope so.

chrisD

Coach
I'd like to see Bell start and Frank to the bench to cover Grant and Burns on the bench to relieve Kingston for 20-30 ahead of Iosefa. I think Cooper deserves the 2nd rower bench spot ahead of Smith.

Wouldn't touch the backs, imo they've done enough to cement their spots for the rest of the season.

murraymob

First Grade
morning of the game cool overcast

Just got from back from the nepean river and watching the arrival of the warriors to penrith.They looked impresive as they paddled in tandem up the nepean .Ivan Cleary walked over and asked hey bro where are the coconut trees .I just pointed towards the holy grail of CUA stadium
This game will be close penrith have players backing up fro origin and the form forward in grant is out.Having there fullback out could cost the warriors as goal line kicking is penrith strength

panthers by 7

Doomednow

Bench
Once again I'll be stuck watching the live scoreboard at work. I hate my second job. Will be at the eels v panthers game next week though.

chrisD

Coach
Our halves got shown up awfully today. Walsh really doesn't have anything beyond his kick, I'm worried what will happen against finals defence.

Doomednow

Bench
So from what I've heard we played like a train wreck today, and apparently we had it all our own way with the refs too. Hard to believe based on recent form but perhaps backing up from origin had something to do with it (I'm not sure because I couldn't watch it). Maybe we need a kick up the arse occasionally - like the last time we played the rabbitohs.

How did Daine Laurie go?

chrisD

Coach
We were flat in the first half, errors and a lack of intensity, we picked it up in the second half and had all the running, couldn't trip over the line. Walsh, Graham and Burns all had opportunity enough but couldn't produce anything at all. Looked most likely to score from offloads, as much from our backs as our back row. Our backs were great again.

Laurie went really well in his two very short stints, powerful ball running and a fantastic offload that could have produced a try, but he looked stuffed 5 minutes into each of his stints.

hitman82

Bench
Warriors defense was bloody amazing today. The best I have seen in years.
How the Panthers didn't manage a 30 point victory I have no idea.

Latest posts