What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Burgess the best forward in the game?

Best forward in the game?

• Total voters

gUt

Coach
As much as I rate Burgess he's not even the best forward at Souths let alone the game. Thaiday and Ellis are up there with him as back-rowers too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He needs to come off at 55mins and bring him back on at 65 for the last 15 when defences are tiring. Stupid playing him for 70 then having him sat on the bench when the game is there to be won in the last 5mins. Terrible subbing by Lang imo.

ps for his age he is, probably Thaiday is a bit better all round but if I had either of them on a 4 year contract I'd be taking Burgess, he could be anything as he matures.

mrpwnd

Bench
People underestimate the capacity of Burgess style as a forward.
I've been watching him all year and there are numerous reasons i rate him the best forward in the NRL atm.
Goes through a ton of workload for a forward
Shifts into general play very well, doesn't need team momentum to gain good metres
Works as a pure metre eater as well as a forward that attacks holes
Defense is superb, i don't think anyones put on the hit-ups as consistently as he does
Single-handedly lifted England against Australia, even though they got hammered

Thaiday is good, but he's only good in a dominating pack, you watch at every game where his team loses, he also loses most of his impact save for a few plays where Lockyer/Thurston/Wallace puts him into a big hole.

I am biased but i wouldn't swap our pom Ellis for any other backrower in the NRL. He hits like a truck, makes a lot of tackles, has good ball skills, can make the tough metres up the middle and is a dangerous wide runner.

I was a doubter when we first signed him but in his 2 years in the NRL he has never had a dud game.

Dare i say it if Great Brittan have a back row of Burgess, Ellis and Heningtion they will have a better back row than Australia.

Moffo

Referee
Watch all the queenslanders pick thaiday.....

Yawn. Thaiday might be a marginally better in running hard but burgess can offload and tackle 10x better then thaiday

He makes Asotasi look second rate.. the amount of work Burgess gets through is amazing.

LOL, what do you mean makes Asostasi look second rate? He was a great Benchie when he left the Dogs to Rob the Bunnies of $2,000,000, $200-$250k prop tops.

Your clueless if you don't think Parker isn't one of the best forwards in the game at the moment.
Take off your Broncos goggles...
Alot of his tackles are third man in or straight out flops ...
Half his hit ups are sideways...(pointed out to me by a bronco fan).
If he couldn't kick well he would be a solid reggie.

Lycon79

Juniors
Watch all the queenslanders pick thaiday.....

Yawn. Thaiday might be a marginally better in running hard but burgess can offload and tackle 10x better then thaiday

Thaiday has it all over Burgess you muppet. He runs harder out wide and in tight, can pass the ball before the line and through it and Thaiday has better foot work. Burgess needs time to mature

Thaiday has it all over Burgess you muppet. He runs harder out wide and in tight, can pass the ball before the line and through it and Thaiday has better foot work. Burgess needs time to mature

Put it this way....
If The Broncos didnt have Thiaday...they probaly would have lost two more games this yr.

If the Rabbitohs didn't have Burgess ...they would have lost a sh*t load nore games this yr.

I would love to have either of them at my club...
Besides...
Bronco fans will never look at things objectively.....

junior009

Juniors
IMO, and I don't expect anyone else to agree, I wouldn't swap anyone on that list for Tim Mannah. Just my opinion.

Iafeta

Referee
John Lang seemed to get his interchanges horribly wrong last night. Couldn't believe he had Burgess on the bench for the final ten minutes.

Latest posts