What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett to sign with Eels on Wednesday

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
You're right in regards to club records but this isn't a record he set for the Bulldogs, it's one he achieved for the competition. My memory isn't great but I think the NRL had something for Andrew Johns after he became the highest point scorer, I could be wrong on that.

But I agree when players get a certain record the club acknowledge that record but from and overall competition perspective I think the NRL should recognise it. But that's just from a fans perspective.

IIRC That Andrew Johns affair was a courtesy organised by PARRAMATTA.

Surely the Bulldogs could have approached the Roosters/NRL with a 'here's how we should honour Noddy' plan a few weeks prior to the game, rather then letting it happen and bitching about it post mortem??

The NRL would have most likely helped fund/helped plan anything they brought forward, but i don't think that it's their responsibility to approach the club.

IIRC That Andrew Johns affair was a courtesy organised by PARRAMATTA.

Surely the Bulldogs could have approached the Roosters/NRL with a 'here's how we should honour Noddy' plan a few weeks prior to the game, rather then letting it happen and bitching about it post mortem??

The NRL would have most likely helped fund/helped plan anything they brought forward, but i don't think that it's their responsibility to approach the club.

I agree, the clubs are the one who run the game day, they can do what they want on ground after the game, I don't know why it is up to the NRL to sort out, when the Dogs and the Roosters should have had a pow wow and gotten it together. Both clubs had players celebrating a milestone and a few weeks out you could have seen that. Hell all they needed to do was get a microphone out on the ground, and present one game ball to Noddy, and one to Braith, with different plaques.

The Dogs are well versed in this, they did a thing this year when they played the warriors to honour Steve Price, I am quite sure the NRL had nothing to do with that either.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
What about the Dogs approaching the NRL last year regarding Hazem's retirement? That was a huge day and a huge success!

f304ba637d870b590c803753147605e4_resized.JPG
2638812f88fe1de1b586231cce898fd9_resized.JPG

They dropped the ball here, and did the proper 5/8th move by passing off the blame to the NRL.
If Kevin Moore was annoyed at anyone for a lack of respect to Noddy, it was to his own club

Last edited:

Daneel

Bench
I agree, the clubs are the one who run the game day, they can do what they want on ground after the game, I don't know why it is up to the NRL to sort out, when the Dogs and the Roosters should have had a pow wow and gotten it together. Both clubs had players celebrating a milestone and a few weeks out you could have seen that. Hell all they needed to do was get a microphone out on the ground, and present one game ball to Noddy, and one to Braith, with different plaques.

The Dogs are well versed in this, they did a thing this year when they played the warriors to honour Steve Price, I am quite sure the NRL had nothing to do with that either.

Dead right. It was organised between the dogs and warriors.

strider

Post Whore
are the dogs actually upset over it? ... or is it just a media driven NRL bashing? .... damn media :fist:

Captain BF

Juniors
Does anyone have any news on whether Barrett is coming over to Parra or not?

My gut instinct is that he is not going to be at Parra.

I wonder if we have any other genuine back up plans? I can't see Kimmorley playing for us and Orford wasn't able to get a release from the ESL to come over. Or was that just for season 2010?

Would love to see Morts along side an old head in the halves. He seems to be our long term 7 in the minds of Osbourne & Anderson.

Daneel

Bench
are the dogs actually upset over it? ... or is it just a media driven NRL bashing? .... damn media :fist:

I was told strider that Kimmorley was quoted as saying he was disapointed the nrl didn't do more. I will also say that this was word of mouth only so i am not sure how accurate that statement is.

well if we don't get Barrett, Kimorley or Orford at least we will have saved money for next year, we'll be a bit under the cap.