What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Fantastic crowd but you get the feeling that the dogs crowd might not finish so well this year now that they can't make the 8 (pretty much).

On the other hand i think it's looking as though parra are going to get some big crowds so it all works out.

saints_fireup

Juniors
It was wet and cold at Kogarah. There would have been about four Titans supporters there. I actually thought the crowd was quite good all things considered.

adamkungl

Immortal
It is ridiculous that we continue to play two Friday night games in Sydney! I know it is notbygr choice of the nrl because channel nein pick the games, but it just shows that the nrl need changes when the next TV deal is signed. Having two games in Sydney on the same night severely reduces potential crowds, the casual fans see split between two grounds reducing both games crowds.

Disagree. No casual fan is gonna go see Dragons v Titans anyway.

Saint Doc

Coach
Poured rain the whole night at kogarah. Membership drive is working...there is no way that game in that weather would have attracted more than 8 or 9000 3 years ago.

In fact, there is no way I would have gone 3 or 4 years ago! My housemates thought i was mad leaving the house when i know i'm not under cover, in the pouring rain, when its on tv. But i already had my membership so that encouraged me to go. Wouldnt have lined up and paid $25 to be there in that though. Great work dragons fan for getting out there.

I saw one titans jersey and one beanie the whole night. So in comparing the two crowds tonight (which, btw, i reckon 34k is excellent) but you've got two sydney fanbases vs one. So if you halve the 34k, you get 17k. Then you take in factors such as the fact dogs and eels are just about the biggest rivalry in the game, the fact that both teams needed to win to keep their season alive (as opposed to saints sitting 4pts clear at the top), the much greater number of undercover seats at ANZ, and the promotion/hype all week of hayne train vs idris (compared to zero hype for dragons titans), and the fact the casual fan would find eels/dogs are more appealing option...it definitely explains the difference.

So, Perth Red, I would say one excellent crowd, and all things considered, one solid crowd.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Canberra continues to produce pisspoor crowds, not a shade on Brumbies figures from memory.

brad_19

Juniors
And the 11k in Melbourne is piss poor too. I though Melbourne were regularly going to outdraw Parra?

For gods sake, we're playing for NOTHING. It's only our members attending (and a few casuals). It's impossible for us right now to get interest from new or part-time supporters when we're sitting 16th and not moving in a hurry. For what it's worth, the last time we played Penrith at home, we got 10k and we'd played in the past 2 grand finals and were on top of the ladder. Cut us some slack. If we were playing for points, that crowd would have been 50% better at least. The initial interest that the extra media exposure generated is over, we probably won't draw higher then that for the rest of the year.

PS - There's other sides alot higher up on the ladder, some in Rugby League heartland, that continualy draw worse attendances. I suggest you shift your focus to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts