What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Because you included the 42,233 Brisbane(Suncorp) double header crowd(Bulldogs vs Titans,Broncos vs Panthers) even though there were only 5 Bulldogs supporters there you phucken idiot.

LOL at the Bulldogs including that Suncorp double header figure in there crowd average
Actually, that figure isn't included, you f**kwit.

Adelaide Oval
Crowd: 10350, Round 1018 v Melbourne
Total: 10350 Average: 10350

ANZ Stadium
Crowd: 37773, Round 1010 v St George Illawarra
Crowd: 19738, Round 1003 v Sydney Roosters
Crowd: 18110, Round 1001 v Newcastle
Crowd: 17095, Round 1005 v Warriors
Crowd: 17014, Round 1007 v Brisbane
Crowd: 11837, Round 1013 v Wests Tigers
Crowd: 34662, Round 1020 v Parramatta
Total: 156229 Average: 22318

Overall
Total: 166579; Average: 20822

Stats for all bar last nights game from: http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Suncorp is not included, it is a standalone double header game.

Timmah

Staff member
What is your prediction for the massive game at Gosford Timmah?

Looking forward to Sunday

what if it the crowd isn't above 16k for that game? hmm Timmmah? hmm?

What makes you think the Sea Eagles against the Tigers will pack out Bluetongue?

Listed below are the crowds for games played at Bluetongue in the past two seasons

Sea Eagles v Knights 12,138
Rabbitohs v Knights 16,098
Roosters v Knights 10,018
Sharks v Bulldogs 9,826

Rabbitohs v Knights 15,227
Bulldogs v Storm 10,923
Roosters v Titans 6,232

Not one game in the past two seasons has drawn a full house at Bluetongue and you are expecting a full house for Manly (whose fans don't travel) and Wests.

Thanks for playing fellas.

I did ask you to bookmark me...

fourplay

Juniors
Today just goes to show you, you can build a $700million dollar stadium in pretty much the most ideal spot in all of Australia, almost in the geographic centre of Sydney, have all major highways connected directly to it, have a train station sitting right on it's step, but make it a sh*tty oval with no soul where the crowd has to sit 30m away from the action and people will simply say **** off and not turn up. Crowd 13k.

Contrast that to Blue Tongue stadium today...A beautiful rectangular ground where the fans can sit up close. Crowd: A capacity 20k.

Timmah

Staff member
Today just goes to show you, you can build a $700million dollar stadium in pretty much the most ideal spot in all of Australia, almost in the geographic centre of Sydney, have all major highways connected directly to it, have a train station sitting right on it's step, but make it a sh*tty oval with no soul where the crowd has to sit 30m away from the action and people will simply say **** off and not turn up. Crowd 13k.

Contrast that to Blue Tongue stadium today...A beautiful rectangular ground where the fans can sit up close. Crowd: A capacity 20k.

To be fair, ANZ got 34,662 with fantastic atmosphere on Friday night... and will likely crack 25-30k Friday next.

STG-MACCA

Bench
I went out to ANZ today, sat in the usual X seat spot when it's a non Saints game, and I have to tell you, this is the biggest problem with ANZ. Any seat between the try lines on the lower bowl is damn good, it's only when you head into the ingoal, or around behind the posts or up too high that it's sh*t, and guess who never has to sit up there? The people who run the game. All the media and people in power have the ultimate seats at this stadium, and for them it's a bloody great spot.

I hate going to a regular season match at ANZ with less than 30K, but it does have it's advantages.:
Arrived at 1.50pm, easy to park in P1
Left with 5 mins to go as it was not my team involved, nil traffic. Out very easilly.
Multiple events on in the precinct (car show and some religious gathering of muslim people).
Shops had no line up, toilets the same.

If today's game was at Redfern, I wouldn't have gone. This is the advantages of such a multi-purpose stadium and the corporate dollar. People won't invest their dollars just in a RL stadium for their clents, it needs to be multifunctional.

Timmah

Staff member
And Macca, that's part of the beauty of a stadium like Bluetongue. There is ample parking nearby, and it's well run. It's a great tragedy there's no team playing out of this stadium.

Timmah

Staff member
And Macca, that's part of the beauty of a stadium like Bluetongue. There is ample parking nearby, and it's well run. It's a great tragedy there's no team playing out of this stadium.

Chook Norris

First Grade

Thanks for playing fellas.

I did ask you to bookmark me...

actually... you gave a vote of no confidence... you even predicted 16k - a fact you can't possibly deny timmaaaaaaahhh :lol:

Originally Posted by Timmah

I'd imagine the figure will be close to 15-16k.

w8, what was that timmah? i'll reiterate your post again for the slower ones..

nonetheless, great effort :D

Timmah

Staff member
That was based on the report from the ground staff predicting 10-12k.

I was questioned yesterday and this morning on todays crowd based on my initial prediction which indeed came true. No amount of highlight, bold, sizing or colouring will change the fact that Bluetongue was standing room only today.

Timmah

Staff member
I would think the teams playing, along with the publicity the game generates and largely the timeslot has a lot to do with it.

Night crowds are generally low while most day games crack 14-15k from memory.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I would think the teams playing, along with the publicity the game generates and largely the timeslot has a lot to do with it.

Night crowds are generally low while most day games crack 14-15k from memory.
Thank you.
So it's sunday afternoon that gets them in.
The NRL needs to raise the bar as looking at the crowds from rd 1 there have been some will poor turn outs.

Timmah

Staff member
It is painfully obvious the NRL needs to investigate increasing the number of games on Sundays, and during daytime in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.