What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryFC

Bench
In NFL Monday night Football gets hyped up as the big game of the week.

As you know, thats because Monday night NFL is a 'we're on TV in front of the whole country by ourselves' thing...that's half the appeal of MNF, something that just wouldn't work here. And to the person that suggested having no Saturday games and putting them all on Sunday, there's no point even suggesting it because it just won't happen.

terrible crowd imo!

It's not fantastic, but far from terrible.

dragondad

First Grade
Looking at the ticketek website, it will go close to selling out. Which isn't unusual when the Dragons are in town to play Brisbane.

_Johnsy

Referee
Tix for the Broncs game.
Gold - Allocation exhausted
Maroon - available
Blue - available
Blue unlicenced - single seats only
White - available
White unlicenced - single seats only
Away supporters bay - single seatsonly

Should be a cracker of a crowd. Generally 40% of crowd are saints when they head up north.

fourplay

Juniors
How much bigger do you think the average crowd would be at ANZ if it was a rectangular stadium? Like this? I think every crowd would be at least 20-40% bigger.

Millenium Magic Stadium - capacity 80k

3751126002994.jpg

and have a look at this stadium in Barcelona... capacity 100k!! wow

camp-nou-gran.jpg

Last edited:

The Tank

Bench
It's Millenium not Millenium Magic :) Millenium Magic is (was) a RL event which has moved to Murrayfield in Scotland (now known as Murrayfield Magic or the Magic Weekend). Lovely stadium though.

Saint Doc

Coach
Whilst I agree millenium looks good...so does ANZ when it's full. Show me millenium with 12,000 in it for a fair comparison!!

Teddyboy

First Grade
Yep Cardiff Millenium is the best ground for Soccer,Rugby Union and Rugby League but wanting 100k stadiums is just to big.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
The upper tiers of Camp Nou look downright dangerous. If you bend over to pick up your pie you could easily find yourself tumbling down onto the field.

AuDragon

Juniors
The upper tiers of Camp Nou look downright dangerous. If you bend over to pick up your pie you could easily find yourself tumbling down onto the field.
I've been there, and they look worse than they actually are... But you do need binoculars up there and a very good eye sight to spot the ball! :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
Whilst I agree millenium looks good...so does ANZ when it's full. Show me millenium with 12,000 in it for a fair comparison!!

Everything looks a lot closer judging by that pic of Millenium, especially in the upper levels. Paying for seats in the upper sections of ANZ is a complete waste and I'll never do it again. Dead atmosphere, even for an origin decider, and you spend the whole time watching the screen.

user_nat

Coach
Posted by RL1908 in the TV Ratings thread, but I figure it has some relevance here also.

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen admitted at least 10,000 more fans would have turned up if it was held on Friday night or Sunday, resulting in an additional $200,000 for the club.

The NRL offers a cash incentive of $40,000 for any club hosting a Monday night game but that still falls a long way short of what the Broncos claim they could have made in a different timeslot.

"The crowd was very pleasing for a Monday night but we would have lost 10,000 fans through the gate at least," Cullen said yesterday.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/monday-nights-costly-for-brisbane/story-e6frg7mf-1225897728486

So should clubs receive more than $40k for having a Monday game?

Red Bear

Referee
Canterbury vs Souths - 23K
Penrith vs nth Qld - 12K (possibly being optimistic)
Parra vs Easts - 20K
Wests vs Cronulla - 16K
Storm vs Canberra - 12K
Warriors vs Titans - 18K (NZ deserves a big crowd)
Broncos vs Dragons - 50K
Newcastle vs Manly - 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts