What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vow to bounce back against Titans

Mickyd39

Juniors
Parramatta front rower Tim Mannah is adamant the Eels' finals bubble hasn't burst as they prepare for their must-win NRL clash against Gold Coast on Friday night.
As Parramatta began to get on a roll similar to the one which carried them through to last year's Grand Final, Mannah admits there was an element of shock to their crushing defeat to the Roosters last week.
However, the NSW Origin representative said despite the 48-12 loss, confidence is still high at the Eels.
"No it's funny, you'd think it would have been lost a bit but I think with the attitude we've got at training everyone's remaining positive which is a great thing," Mannah told AAP.
"We had a hiccup on the weekend but other than that, attitude wise everyone's been great.
"We know we're not too far off where we want to be and come Friday night we've got a big game on our hands.
"We came up against a really hot side in the Roosters and we're the kind of team that can hopefully bounce back against a good side like the Titans."
The Gold Coast have resurrected their season with two tough back-to-back wins on the road against St George Illawarra and the Warriors.
Mannah said the Eels need to be wary of the Titans' speed and forward strength up at Robina's Skilled Park, and admitted the team is looking at every match as must-win.
"Every game we're playing at the moment is a big game for us so I think we've got to treat every game as a must win game," he said.
"They're on a roll as well, up there in Gold Coast in front of their home crowd they're really good up there. But in saying that our situation at this time of the year, we're starting to play some serious footy and I think it doesn't matter who you're playing or where you're playing it's important that you turn up.
"They're a very fast team, they've got speed all across the park so it's important we just try to slow them down as much as we can and not give them too much room to move.
"Luke Bailey had a massive game a few weeks ago, shows he's still got it, and I reckon their back row is probably the best in the comp."

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...ow-to-bounce-back-against-titans/default.aspx

I seemed to have read or heard that quote from someone else a few seasons ago.

I think we all remember how that season turned out.:(

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Vowing and doing are two different things.

This is a winnable game, but if they fail to get over this hurdle (with Titans one of the teams we might be tussling with for a spot in the end) then it could very well be curtains for 2010.

strider

Post Whore
its about time i read something like this this week ... its already wednesday ffs! should have had this article days ago

boxhead

First Grade
I think when people believe the Eels can't do it is when we play our best footy.....we were clear favourites against the Roosters and got smashed; our previous three games we have either been borderline or under-rated in the tipping.....must be a mental thing; wonder if any of our boys have extended runs at the pokies? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I'm an Eels and Titans man, and I think with the way the Eels bounced back last year against the Dragons and smashed the Titans in the finals this could go either way; we'll accept that all remaining games are now must-win games and that the Titans are the favourites for this one.....expecting the Eels to win by 20 or more......I'm expecting very big things from the Eels. If they don't do it this week, then I *might* say season over.....

MystikEel

Juniors

I can't even think why this is here but thanks for making me laugh. Best thing I have seen all day. :D

I'm glad to see Tim being the spokesperson this time around. Gives him practice for the rest of the years when he's made Captain ;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
Mortz was on TV saying not to worry and we'll make the semi's on a run similar to last year.

Why get quoted in the papers when you can get on tv !!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee i love these articles, talk ourselves up to make a mends and then come out and play like busted's.........

mrpwnd

Bench
Parramatta impact player Tim Mannah has revealed he's aiming to re-invent himself as a starting front rower in the NRL next season.
In just his second year of first grade, the 22-year-old has perfected the art of adding impetus off the bench, even cracking it for a State of Origin debut with NSW in game three as a result.
But with club co-captain and former New Zealand international Nathan Cayless finally hanging up the boots at season's end, Mannah is eyeing an opportunity to force his way into the run-on side.
With every lift he gives his team-mates off the interchange leading into the finals, Mannah is determined to prove his starting worth to coach Daniel Anderson.
"Yeah, definitely I think every player in the comp wants to be a starting player and I've got a lot of respect for the starting front rowers at the moment," said Mannah, who would likely compete with Justin Poore for a starting jersey.
"Caylo is leaving next year so there is a spot there and it would be great to be there one day.
"I got a lot of confidence out of the big games towards the back end of last year and Dan Anderson has been really good for me and I've drawn a lot of confidence out of playing under him so he's been great.
"We've got a good work ethic going on with the forwards, we're all working for each other which is always a good sign attitude wise."
Mannah has a simple yet overly-humble explanation for how he's been able to avoid the dreaded second-year syndrome which typically plagues young players.
"I think it's only the toughest when you've had a great first year, so lucky I didn't have a massive first year. It's worked out alright, that's how you do it," joked Mannah, who is excelling in an art-form most big men take years to master.
Mannah is adamant the Eels' finals bubble hasn't burst in this campaign, as they prepare for their must-win clash against Gold Coast on Friday night.
As Parramatta began to get on a roll similar to the one which carried them through to last year's grand final, Mannah admits there was an element of shock to their crushing defeat to the Roosters last week.
However the NSW Origin representative said despite the 48-12 loss, confidence is still high at the Eels.
"No it's funny, you'd think it would have been lost a bit but I think with the attitude we've got at training everyone's remaining positive which is a great thing," Mannah told AAP.
"We had a hiccup on the weekend but other than that, attitude wise everyone's been great.
"We know we're not too far off where we want to be and come Friday night we've got a big game on our hands.
"We came up against a really hot side in the Roosters and we're the kind of team that can hopefully bounce back against a good side like the Titans."
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...s-starting-spot-a-mannah-of-time/default.aspx
Go you champ. I sincerely hope that both him and Haynesy grow up to be origin legends for NSW.

Latest posts