What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22: Rabbitohs Team vs Tigers

1. Wesser
2. Merritt
3. Best
4. Champion
5. Talanoa
6. Sutton
7. Sandow
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. J Lowe
11. Pettybourne
12. Tyrell
13. B Lowe

14. Crossman
15. Stapleton
16. Mcpherson
17. Clark​

JetRider

Juniors
On paper the team does not look to bad, how they perform is a different thing though. mcpherson will be short of a run and I hope stapleton can add some punch.

themacemaceman

Juniors
I concur jetrider. My only concern is how these guys fit in to our defensive structure. Tyrell wont be a problem. He tackles the house down, as does mcpherson, but will be short of a gallop. Most concern defensively would be JLowe and the Stapler.

Dave Q

Coach
J-Lo was lot stronger than expected last outing, he seems to have picked up a lot of energy.

Crossman is going well too.

I think if these forwards can hold the fort, our classic backline will be difficult to contain.

Look for a massive game from Sutto after last week.

If they are for it mentally, they can do it.

jackb

Juniors
At their best J.Lowe and the Stapler are right up for this but are they at their best? Tyrell and Pettybourne will rip in, Ben Lowe will work his backside off and Issac will be looking to attack around the ruck. This leaves one big question - are you ready to stand and lead by example Roy? If so, we are a big chance. If not, we will be run over!

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I concur jetrider. My only concern is how these guys fit in to our defensive structure. Tyrell wont be a problem. He tackles the house down, as does mcpherson, but will be short of a gallop. Most concern defensively would be JLowe and the Stapler.

really? thats your only concern?

J-Lo was lot stronger than expected last outing, he seems to have picked up a lot of energy.

Crossman is going well too.

I think if these forwards can hold the fort, our classic backline will be difficult to contain.

Look for a massive game from Sutto after last week.

If they are for it mentally, they can do it.

mate crossman is an absolute nuffie. did you see him dry humping thats dogs player on the ground while they scored a try. he just layed there and watched the try get scored. it is a gross injustice our top players have been injured and he hasn't

Zigwaa

Bench
Our pack needs to work hard with the ball in hand as lot of the are defensive workhorses and not so explosive with the ball in hand.

Good to see the Stapler in there getting a run.

It's a team capable of winning and the tigers are teetering on the side of being awful with some ugly wins recently. A winable game if the rabbitohs turn up.

This game is no foregone conclusion. The Tigers have a great side on paper and can really turn it on, but when they are ordinary, they are really ordinary. They are very similar to us in that respect. They rely on their hooker and 5/8 to be their attacking spark. I think Isaac can keep Farah quiet, or at least match him, so for us it comes down to how Sutton and Benji match up. Both are prone to inconsistency so lets just hope its Sutto's day to turn up and Benji is the one that goes MIA. If Sutton has another day with the boot, like he did last week against the Dogs, we will get lapped.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Apparently Champion and Merritt are out according to the Footy Show. WTF if true

i'd have corrigan and simpson in if thats true. corrigan hasnt seen first grade for a long time, but he is a much better defender then any of the nyc boys

This game is no foregone conclusion. The Tigers have a great side on paper and can really turn it on, but when they are ordinary, they are really ordinary. They are very similar to us in that respect. They rely on their hooker and 5/8 to be their attacking spark. I think Isaac can keep Farah quiet, or at least match him, so for us it comes down to how Sutton and Benji match up. Both are prone to inconsistency so lets just hope its Sutto's day to turn up and Benji is the one that goes MIA. If Sutton has another day with the boot, like he did last week against the Dogs, we will get lapped.

This comment is 117% absolutely correct.

shags

Juniors
So we have contradicting info on champion and merritt. Anyone in the know got any definative information??

jackb

Juniors
The updated website listing says that both will be fit to play - thank f**k for that as i am getting really pi**ed off with all of our injuries!