What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Krycek

Juniors
bullet_go.png
Clay Guida v Rafael Dos Anjos

8-8-2010 11:00AEST

Head To Head Clay Guida 1.80 Rafael Dos Anjos 2.00
Other Bet Types: Method of Victory | Round Betting | Will The Fight Go The Distance
bullet_go.png
Jon Fitch v Thiago Alves

Oakland, USA - 8-8-2010 12:00AEST

Head To Head Jon Fitch 1.90 Thiago Alves 1.90
Other Bet Types: Method of Victory | Round Betting | Will The Fight Go The Distance
bullet_go.png
Junior Dos Santos v Roy Nelson

Oakland, USA - 8-8-2010 12:00AEST

Head To Head Junior Dos Santos 1.30 Roy Nelson 3.45
bullet_go.png
Matt Hughes v Ricardo Almeida

Oakland, USA - 8-8-2010 13:00AEST

Head To Head Matt Hughes 2.30 Ricardo Almeida 1.60
bullet_go.png
Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen

Oakland, USA - 8-8-2010 13:30AEST

Head To Head Anderson Silva 1.23 Chael Sonnen

andrew057

First Grade
Don't forget Junior is in Nog's camp so he has excellent BJJ. So if it goes to the ground you could say 50/50 but standing up Junior will destroy him.

True. Really looking forward to the fight personally. Whoever wins, I hope they do it impressively to build even more hype for the future bout against the winner of Brock and Cain.

Alex Krycek

Juniors
Problem is Nelson won't be able to take him to the ground, the wrestling/TDD of JDS will be too good, and obviously he's got a huge edge standing.

<3 Nelson, I hope he somehow gets up.

tiburon

Juniors
Problem is Nelson won't be able to take him to the ground, the wrestling/TDD of JDS will be too good, and obviously he's got a huge edge standing.

<3 Nelson, I hope he somehow gets up.

you're prob. right; i like both guys - don't want either to lose

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't know....Jones has some amazing takedown, joudo and wrestling skills. If Evans tries to just push him agains the cage then bam he can throw one of those joudo takedowns. Stand up= Jones. He'd have 5-10 inch reach advantage over everyone in the divison especially the smaller rashad.

But you never know. that's what makes MMA so interesting. You think guys like Machida would beat Shogun (first fight) and Rampage beat Evans but it often doesn't happen that way.

I haven't much of Jones' clinch game, but suffice it to say Evans has some of the strongest work in that area. And in the clinch, you have to think Jones' height advantage would become a disadvantage.

In any case, that would be an excellent match IMO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Never write off the underdog in MMA!

Emelianenko lost. Jones beat (I can't recall his name right now), and everyone said how that guy's wrestling was far superior to Jones', and if it went to the ground, Jones would struggle.

This is a great spectacle of a sport.

andrew057

First Grade
I can see some value in Fitch and Anderson but not much else really...

The more I think about it the more Im leaning to Sonnen.

He is absolutely the best wrestler Silva has ever faced.

If Sonnen can survive the first two rounds or so, I think he will win.

Good value at the current odds.

mozza91

Coach
The more I think about it the more Im leaning to Sonnen.

He is absolutely the best wrestler Silva has ever faced.

If Sonnen can survive the first two rounds or so, I think he will win.

Good value at the current odds.
Hendo?
Sonnen is a chance though don't really rate Anderson's takedown defence and while Sonnen certainly isn't as good as Hendo he's a great wrestler.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Henderson, for as good as his credentials are, gets out-wrestled all the time. I'd certainly consider Sonnen a much better MMA wrestler than him.

Sonnen has a shot, but i don't see him surviving a full 25 with Anderson without getting KO'd or submitted along the way. Silva's most vulnerable when you pass his guard, and Sonnen never passes. If a guy with a mediocre bottom game (Marquardt) could put Sonnen in real danger several times, Silva with full guard will either catch a submission or cut him up with elbows from the bottom. Sonnen getting the takedown is only step one on a long list of things he needs to do to win.

oh man, me and my mate were devastated all fight, until the end and then we were jumping around the room. so awesome. Go Anderson!

Status
Not open for further replies.