What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

I have a mate who lives on the coast he said he is playing 1st grade up there which is a pretty strong comp.Nobody has mentioned John Tusa he has been enormous this year he would fit into that side nicely on Maclouf i think he isnt ready having watched him play matts last year he didnt dominate looked out of his depth in a couple of games and i watched brackenhoffer in the 16s all schools comp the other day and was very timid against the giants from westfields and bass hill and also cartwright did very little without his partner in crime jakiel....

i agree brackenhoffer is not good under pressure, ive seen him a 3 or 4 times this year, and maclouf i think is a good player but has had a couple of bad injuries over the last 10mths and could come back to haunt him.

stretcher

Juniors
ok genious there was two pools so no every side didnt play each other; so once again take your foot out of your mouth , i saw cartwright score two tries in two games ,so imagine how good he would have been with jakiel there ,get back to your village they need you
You have to play each other in semis and finals dickhead so no ur wrong again and as for the central coast kid he has played four different grades as someone else has pointed out so do your homework properly NOOFA

sweet-as

Juniors
You have to play each other in semis and finals dickhead so no ur wrong again and as for the central coast kid he has played four different grades as someone else has pointed out so do your homework properly NOOFA

Will you two stop spamming the forum with your nonsense!!

You's arent doing anything but annoying everyone else.

If yous have such a serious problem, go down and settle it out at a park or something rather than ruining the board for everyone!!:x:x

micro

Juniors
Will you two stop spamming the forum with your nonsense!!

You's arent doing anything but annoying everyone else.

If yous have such a serious problem, go down and settle it out at a park or something rather than ruining the board for everyone!!:x:x
Here, Here Sweet as. BACK TO THE FOOTY, i am told that a top suad of 20 has been selected for the New Zealand tour in October, and there is a meeting this weds? any ideas who is in the squad?

sweet-as

Juniors
Here, Here Sweet as. BACK TO THE FOOTY, i am told that a top suad of 20 has been selected for the New Zealand tour in October, and there is a meeting this weds? any ideas who is in the squad?

Someone told me last night that a squad of 30 has been selected and they will cut it to 20 before the NZ tour starts

stumpyone

Juniors
Jamie Hill is more a second rower or lock, IMO his hands and agility are not good enough for five eight. Mikey Saloum is a lock, Rob Jennings is a fullback, wing or centre. and Beau is a front rower. Of interest 3 of these 4 were in the 2nd development team , they played both trials against the easier Bulldogs and Magpies teams. Beau is a good player, but can go missing, Sam Khemilarah is the gun front rower, and Cowan Epere and Jonty Tohara did well in the games between the top teams. Mikey Saloum has come back to the field. Jamie Hill was the lock in the top team, Rob Jennings is great in open field, but does not go as well when the going gets tough. Jamie is a no nonsense back rower, misses the odd tackle and drops a ball or 2 a game. There are others that may get a chance but it depends where this years 15's are short. I understand they are struggling around the ruck, the 14s hooker made a number of breaks in both trials and is very tough in defence. .

stretcher

Juniors
Jamie Hill is more a second rower or lock, IMO his hands and agility are not good enough for five eight. Mikey Saloum is a lock, Rob Jennings is a fullback, wing or centre. and Beau is a front rower. Of interest 3 of these 4 were in the 2nd development team , they played both trials against the easier Bulldogs and Magpies teams. Beau is a good player, but can go missing, Sam Khemilarah is the gun front rower, and Cowan Epere and Jonty Tohara did well in the games between the top teams. Mikey Saloum has come back to the field. Jamie Hill was the lock in the top team, Rob Jennings is great in open field, but does not go as well when the going gets tough. Jamie is a no nonsense back rower, misses the odd tackle and drops a ball or 2 a game. There are others that may get a chance but it depends where this years 15's are short. I understand they are struggling around the ruck, the 14s hooker made a number of breaks in both trials and is very tough in defence. .
Im guessing these guys will be there and one ordinary game wont push them out and jennings is a certainty considering he play NSW CCC side up an age in front of guys like Jayden Tavae and from all reports the Matts coach was at the knockout and was impressed and the guys you mentioned are all capable.....but they were impressed with soloum in the trials

stumpyone

Juniors
Im guessing these guys will be there and one ordinary game wont push them out and jennings is a certainty considering he play NSW CCC side up an age in front of guys like Jayden Tavae and from all reports the Matts coach was at the knockout and was impressed and the guys you mentioned are all capable.....but they were impressed with soloum in the trials

Don't get me wrong thay all can play, I have watched them all regularly over the past 5 years. Robert has the benefit of and the problem of name he has to live up to. Mikey Saloum is not playing well week in week out. He will be involved in spurts and then goes missing. If it gets tough he disappears. Rob Jennings scored 2 great tries last weekend against pitiful defence, in the clear he is magic to watch. The other team put a tough defender on him, he was not seen again. Beau puts in, but he is not as big and dominant as Sam. Jamie Hill, what you see is what you get, a solid backrower.

stretcher

Juniors
Don't get me wrong thay all can play, I have watched them all regularly over the past 5 years. Robert has the benefit of and the problem of name he has to live up to. Mikey Saloum is not playing well week in week out. He will be involved in spurts and then goes missing. If it gets tough he disappears. Rob Jennings scored 2 great tries last weekend against pitiful defence, in the clear he is magic to watch. The other team put a tough defender on him, he was not seen again. Beau puts in, but he is not as big and dominant as Sam. Jamie Hill, what you see is what you get, a solid backrower.
Some of those forwards from minchinbury and shie from stmarys are way to overweight and thats why they wont get picked is Sam from St Clair?

stumpyone

Juniors
Sam is from St Clair as is Amos Viiga, who has struggled since he tore his hamstring last year in the relay at CUA stadium. Fotu from Minchinbury is the fittest he has been, but probably 115 to 120 kgs. Billy from Doonside needs fitness but he is probably 130kgs. The other impressive forward is Tyrell Fuimuino from St Marys, I believe he is better than Jamie Hill.

stretcher

Juniors
Sam is from St Clair as is Amos Viiga, who has struggled since he tore his hamstring last year in the relay at CUA stadium. Fotu from Minchinbury is the fittest he has been, but probably 115 to 120 kgs. Billy from Doonside needs fitness but he is probably 130kgs. The other impressive forward is Tyrell Fuimuino from St Marys, I believe he is better than Jamie Hill.
Man that is big for a kid that might not even be 14years old yet and tyrell is going good to but i like what Jamie brings...

stumpyone

Juniors
Man that is big for a kid that might not even be 14years old yet and tyrell is going good to but i like what Jamie brings...

This years 14's seem to be genetically blessed with a group of big boys, all with skill. The 14 dev 1st team had forwards of Fotu and Sam with Isaac Harrison at hooker, Shie and Amos in the second row and Jamie Hill at lock, then Billy Tamosone, Cowan Epere and Jonty Tohara (Jonty missed the second trial due to injury) off the bench. The pack would be probably 600 kg plus. Tyrell and Jamie different style of players, Tyrell is more explosive and likes to run wide, has a bit more mongrel in him. Jamie works in tight up the middle.

stumpyone

Juniors
Dopey me I left out Tyrell. He and Isaac Harrison worked really well as a team in defence.
What I am trying to say is we are looking good for a couple of years.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
How has Logan Geyer gone this year for Brothers? Do you think he will make an impact in HM next season?

ashton

Juniors
Dopey me I left out Tyrell. He and Isaac Harrison worked really well as a team in defence.
What I am trying to say is we are looking good for a couple of years.[/QUOTE]

Stumpy we seam to have plenty of quality forwards coming through. Do we have any good young halves in the system?

sweet-as

Juniors
I'd be surprised if any of the 14 year olds get a run in Matts this year. There may be a couple in the squad but i highly doubt they will get much game time if any.

stumpyone

Juniors
What I am trying to say is we are looking good for a couple of years.[/QUOTE]

Stumpy we seam to have plenty of quality forwards coming through. Do we have any good young halves in the system?

Blake Milgate from Minchinbury goes well, and Sione from St Marys he is coming back from a broken leg in round 1.
One to watch is Tom McCallum from St Pats. His older brother Gerard is an Oz schoolboy this year. Matt Rollo from Emu has ability, just needs direction.
There is apparently big expectations from this years 14's, if kept together they could be quite outstanding. The pressure will be on Penrith to hold them. Tarshay Dufty has apparently already gone to the Tigers.

stretcher

Juniors
Blake Milgate from Minchinbury goes well, and Sione from St Marys he is coming back from a broken leg in round 1.
One to watch is Tom McCallum from St Pats. His older brother Gerard is an Oz schoolboy this year. Matt Rollo from Emu has ability, just needs direction.
There is apparently big expectations from this years 14's, if kept together they could be quite outstanding. The pressure will be on Penrith to hold them. Tarshay Dufty has apparently already gone to the Tigers.
I doubt that the tigers or any other club are aloud to sign a penrith development there is a transfer fee on them and we cant forget the academy side this year a lot of 14s will play in that side if there any good so realistically they will play matts next year

Latest posts