What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More leaks than a farmers market

Gronk

Staff member
HERE'S a sobering story for blinkered rugby union types who reckon Quade Cooper's talks with Parramatta are a mere stunt to inflate his earnings. Over dinner with Eels officials at St Pauls Tavern in Brisbane on Thursday night, Cooper revealed he was so passionate about league that he played the 13-man code under a different name as a teenager.

A junior with top Brisbane rugby school Anglican Church Grammar, Cooper was not permitted to play the rival code on weekends and last week told Parramatta how he daringly assumed an alter ego to flout the rules.

"When we heard that story, it really convinced us how much Quade loved rugby league and how serious he is about switching codes," an Eels insider said.

The Eels convened for a timely board meeting last night, where Cooper's $1.5 million, three-year offer was discussed.

It's expected the 22-year-old will have another meeting with Parramatta - and possibly tour the Eels base - while in Sydney for this week's Wallabies camp.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-while-at-school/story-e6freye0-1225906125139

Bigfella

Coach
Another complete fail.

Gronk you are a lot smarter and more genuine than the other propagandists trying to destabalise the board and club.

This is not evidence of a leak. There is nothing to identify the source as having any official status on the board or either club. There is nothing to suggest that the information is confidential such that it constitutes a leak.

I can't wait for uncle Leo to start a thread later this afternoon abou the boar "leaking" the team sheet this afternoon.

There is still not a shred of evidence that the board leaked the Kearney story. I still reckon that the storm and the tele are the chief suspects.

The amount of crap being posted by non supporters who are only in here to manipulate opinion for upcoming elections is one thing. It's a worry when regular forumites fall for it too.

fish eel

Immortal
The ironic thing is, if we weren't reading about potential signings, people would be whining about the lack of activity on the recruitment side of things

Suitman

Post Whore
Another complete fail.

Gronk you are a lot smarter and more genuine than the other propagandists trying to destabalise the board and club.

This is not evidence of a leak. There is nothing to identify the source as having any official status on the board or either club. There is nothing to suggest that the information is confidential such that it constitutes a leak.

I can't wait for uncle Leo to start a thread later this afternoon abou the boar "leaking" the team sheet this afternoon.

There is still not a shred of evidence that the board leaked the Kearney story. I still reckon that the storm and the tele are the chief suspects.

The amount of crap being posted by non supporters who are only in here to manipulate opinion for upcoming elections is one thing. It's a worry when regular forumites fall for it too.

The meeting at St Paul's Tavern between Osborne, Spagnolo, Hayne and Quade Cooper was also witnessed by one of our own forumites, who called me the following day, so it was hardly surprising that it also made the papers.
No evidence of a leak there, either.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
The ironic thing is, if we weren't reading about potential signings, people would be whining about the lack of activity on the recruitment side of things

I agree...

keep it coming I say...

btw, every club has an insider or 2 or 3...

Stagger eel

Staff member
The meeting at St Paul's Tavern between Osborne, Spagnolo, Hayne and Quade Cooper was also witnessed by one of our own forumites, who called me the following day, so it was hardly surprising that it also made the papers.

Suity

wasn't that Paul Whatuera??? :lol:

sorry MITS, love ya mate...;-)

Ossie said this morning that the meeting was held after the courting of QC went public..

Gronk

Staff member
Ok so leaks are a good thing and I should STFU ? Is that the consensus ? We haven't had a poll for ages TBH. :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
My Missus makes a mean leek tart. I shall collect them for her from now on.

Leek%20tart.jpg

Suity

wasn't that Paul Whatuera??? :lol:

sorry MITS, love ya mate...;-)

Ossie said this morning that the meeting was held after the courting of QC went public..

The bloke was wearing a Bennie and Roy was more interested in distracting me from him. I got one maybe two good looks.

Having said that when I spoke with Ossie and Roy the day after they jokingly accused me of the leak, but I had to ask them is that who was at the Table as I didn't recognise him, telling them I thought it was Paul Whatuera. They then told me they knew it wasn't me as they had a call from the press about an hour before hand.

junior009

Juniors
The bloke was wearing a Bennie and Roy was more interested in distracting me from him. I got one maybe two good looks.

Having said that when I spoke with Ossie and Roy the day after they jokingly accused me of the leak, but I had to ask them is that who was at the Table as I didn't recognise him, telling them I thought it was Paul Whatuera. They then told me they knew it wasn't me as they had a call from the press about an hour before hand.

I take it that means we are chasing a Quade Cooper/Wayne Bennet double act??

Latest posts