What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights keen to sign Horo.

bartman

Immortal
Sorry mate, I know you're kindly passing on what you've heard. But with all the mess that appears to be our recruitment these days, I'm only ready to believe it when it's officially done and confirmed....

bartman

Immortal
Bartman, I know this as fact.

I don't talk crap, u should know that by now
Not trying to say you talk crap J... my dissatisfaction with the club's recruitment/retention process is why I just can't get excited until there are announcements.

My earlier post was questioning why the club didn't do this as soon as Mateo chose to leave, and have it sealed sooner. Must be having an impact on the players on field imo.

Jodeci

Bench
Not trying to say you talk crap J... my dissatisfaction with the club's recruitment/retention process is why I just can't get excited until there are announcements.

My earlier post was questioning why the club didn't do this as soon as Mateo chose to leave, and have it sealed sooner. Must be having an impact on the players on field imo.

Like u said, I'm dissapointed also.

I hope Ando knows what he is doing as he is responisble for recruiting.

Most clubs are finalizing their 2011 and we haven't started.

mrpwnd

Bench
Damn Ozzie.
We won't have contract negotiations while players are playing crap. Yeah nice one, they just decided to up and leave instead.
Anyone notice how it takes this kind of crap to make our players do something?

dazeely

First Grade
Yep better believe it. Will have missed the boat by the time Cooper returns from wallabies tour. He will have suceeded in pushing up his union contract and tell us maybe the next year

junior009

Juniors
I heard yesterday that Horo's signing has actually been a done deal for a while but there is a hold up because his manager isn't accredited.

No idea if it's true and I can't be bothered checking it out but that's what I heard.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't even know we'd be chasing him at the knights. We'd already be struggling to fit Taia/Costigan/Hilder/Paterson into our backrow without signing Horo. I'd rather them use the money to extend Mullen and De Gois' contracts.

MikePatton

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ch-rivals-offers-for-horo-20100824-13qe5.html

Parramatta can't match rivals' offers for Horo

Chris Barrett

August 25, 2010

EMERGING forward Justin Horo will have to take a hefty blow to the hip pocket to remain at Parramatta next year, with NRL rivals prepared to offer him significantly more lucrative deals than the Eels.
The 23-year-old, enjoying an impressive rookie season in the top grade, is off contract at the end of the season and is the subject of an attractive offer from the Knights, and has attracted interest from the Cowboys and the Bulldogs.

He spent yesterday in Newcastle meeting Knights coach Rick Stone and inspecting the club's facilities.
Stone sees Horo as a direct replacement for retiring former Test second-rower Steve Simpson, and is offering him a three-year deal.
Canterbury and North Queensland have offered two-year contracts in the past week.
The Knights' proposed deal for Horo is substantially more than the two-year package Parramatta have offered Horo at this stage to stay beyond 2010, with the Eels' spending capacity stretched to the limit by their courting of Wallabies star Quade Cooper.
However, the son of former Parramatta forward and New Zealand international Mark Horo is understood to be considering making the financial sacrifice to remain at the Eels under Daniel Anderson, who gave him his NRL break in round three this year. He is tipped to decide on his future this week.
Horo has missed only one game since then, playing 20 matches to date in his debut season and starting for the past two weeks in the absence of the suspended Ben Smith.
Horo was one of the best players on the field in the Eels' 20-18 defeat by Wests Tigers in the epic local derby at Parramatta Stadium on Sunday.
:evil:

foreel

Juniors
If he leaves, it will go down as one of the biggest blunders this club has ever made.

I wouldn't swap him for any second rower in the comp, we can't afford to lose him.

andrew057

First Grade
bullsh*t Parra "can't match" the offer. Parra surely have more cap space than any other team because of the geniused recruitment/retention policy we have all seen this season.

What a week, not only we see the First Grade team finals hopes go down the drain, now we are likely to see ANOTHER promising Parra junior let go because of sheer incompetence from management.

f**k this is hard to take.

parra_jesus

Juniors
i think he will stay in the blue and gold. we should of wrapped him up at the start of the season. but as long as we offer him a fairly reasonable contract i think he would take less $ to stay at the eels. here is hoping anyway! horo is a great replacement for mateo. dare i say with the potential he has , he will be even better than mateo!

Gronk

Staff member
Stone's hard sell to Horo

BY BRETT KEEBLE
25 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM
KNIGHTS coach Rick Stone hopes to have convinced recruitment target Justin Horo to let his head rule his heart and continue his NRL career in Newcastle, not Parramatta.Stone met with Horo and his manager, Gavin Orr, in Newcastle yesterday to give the Auckland-born Eels back-rower a tour of the Knights’ playing and training facilities at EnergyAustralia Stadium and Mayfield, and to discuss the club’s bid for his services.
It is understood Horo was disheartened by Parramatta’s offer of about $80,000 a season.
The Newcastle Herald has been told the Knights have tabled a three-year deal worth almost double that amount per year, and Horo will meet with Parramatta officials today hoping they come up with a comparable offer.
Stone acknowledged Horo would prefer to stay at the Eels but was confident he had made his strongest possible sales pitch if the promising back-rower decided to move.
‘‘I think it was more for Justin to come up today and have a look around for himself, meet myself, have a bit of a chat about footy, have a look at our facilities, meet a few people within our organisation, and satisfy himself that if he was going to move here, that he’d be comfortable doing that,’’ Stone said yesterday.
‘‘I still think his first preference is probably staying at Parra, but at the end of the day if they don’t come up with the right sort of cash he understands that he might have to make a move, so that’s something he thinks is maybe a realistic option for him.’’
Orr said the Eels had been given a deadline to make their final offer today ‘‘and if that’s what he wants, then he’ll stay, and if it’s not, then he’ll probably join the Knights’’.
‘‘The first stage for the Knights was for him to entertain the idea of looking around, and he’s taken that on board and come up there today of his own volition to have a look around, see what sort of person Rick Stone is, and meet with him for the first time,’’ Orr said last night.
‘‘The second step was to discuss the financial arrangements, and what the Knights were prepared to offer him, which we went through today. He’s always been up front with the Knights and told them that his first preference would be to stay where he’s at.
‘‘I expect a decision no later than Friday.’’
Horo played alongside Knights prop Richie Fa’aoso in Parramatta’s premiership-winning Premier League (reserve-grade) team in 2007.
That team was coached by Rip Taylor, who coaches Newcastle’s NSW Cup feeder team, the Central Coast Centurions.
Horo played lower grades at the Eels with Knights back-rower Zeb Taia and remains close friends with Taia’s younger brother Ben.
‘‘Rip gave him a decent rap, [Knights recruitment manager] Keith Onslow knows his father Mark Horo from times gone by, and Zeb and Richie know him pretty well from their Parramatta days as well,’’ Stone said.
‘‘Rip’s told us a lot about him, and he’s a decent sort of fella meeting him for the first time today, so I think he’ll enjoy Newcastle if he decides to make that move.’’
Horo, who turns 24 next month, made his NRL debut in Parramatta’s round-three game against the Tigers – the first of 20 straight for the Eels.
He has started in the second row in their past two matches.
For the first time in his NRL career he played all 80 minutes against the Tigers last Sunday, running 14 times for 111 metres and making five tackle breaks, two offloads and 33 tackles.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...es-hard-sell-to-horo/1922258.aspx?storypage=0

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Hey, don't worry too much about it. If other media reports are true then we have an over-the-hill Brett Kimmorley and an over-the-scales Carl Webb ready to replace him.:roll:

Latest posts