What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought not bred

Iafeta

Referee
How can you possibly make that in this instance? We found Luke over in NZ when he was a nobody and our talent scouts brought him over. How are we raiding other clubs if we found this guy before any other club did? THEN once we brought him over here, Souths poached him off us. We got raided by Souths. Also, what justifies saying that "We're too stupid to keep them..." - Does that mean that every club who cannot re-sign a player is stupid? Does that mean the Warriors are stupid everytime one of their players has signed with another club? Or Melbourne? Or Brisbane? Or St. George for that matter? I think not!

Isaac Luke was known in New Zealand. He was a Junior Kiwi.

franklin2323

Immortal
Adamson is a tosser. These ex-players simply don't understand that it's a business these days.

As if one player announcing he is leaving next year will affect their football this season. What a fruitloop.

No I balame management He didn't just wake up yesterday unsigned he's a NZ international we should of locked him up before Round 25. Idiots!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
Dogs fans should cop it on the chin. They were the ones having a go at the Roosters for years for raiding others clubs ranks including their own nabbing Anasta, O'Meley, Mason and co. Now the shoe's on the other foot and it's the Dogs who are raiding other clubs ranks expect to cop what you dished out in the 1st place.

bulldog

Bench
Dogs fans should cop it on the chin. They were the ones having a go at the Roosters for years for raiding others clubs ranks including their own nabbing Anasta, O'Meley, Mason and co. Now the shoe's on the other foot and it's the Dogs who are raiding other clubs ranks expect to cop what you dished out in the 1st place.

This is true.:sarcasm:

If another club had a go at us for signing established players then went on a massive spending spree they could expect similar treatment. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, if you dish it out you need to be prepared to cop it back in spades.

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly, it's part of the parcel of being a Rugby League fan.

With that said, I didn't think it was justified in 2008-2009 given the club had a right to sign players AFTER their premiership winning squad had basically been bought off by a string of flailing clubs. However this year has been a bit of a joke.

Bulldog Force

Referee
We've produced Idris and Barba since those days. We've got a few more pups running around in Toyota and NSW cups, so I take what people say about us not breeding anymore with a grain of salt.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Perhaps he was, but the Bulldogs scouts found him and introduced him to the NRL.

No, they didn't. Your club brushed him and he followed Mark Hughes to Souths (Hughes is the one responsible for bringing him to Australia) looking for a chance in 2007. He actually started the season in our Jersey Flegg team.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Price (Dogs) - Will be gone at the end of the season
Tate (Broncs)
McKinnon (Was it Eels or Souths?) - Will be gone if he doesn't pull his finger out.
Henderson (Eels?) - Ditto as McKinnon

Luck (Cowboys) - Shouldn't even be there now let alone next year
Lillyman (Cowboys) - Never should've been signed to begin with
Seymour (Broncs)
Moon (Broncs)
Maloney (Storm)
Latimore (Eels)
Brown (Tigers)

Got eleven (that I can think of), should have half of that.

The top four are gone for next season, though Mateo and Inu can be added to the list, leaving us nine. Good to see that we're a bona-fide development club these days.

Doga

Juniors
No, they didn't. Your club brushed him and he followed Mark Hughes to Souths (Hughes is the one responsible for bringing him to Australia) looking for a chance in 2007. He actually started the season in our Jersey Flegg team.

Bulldogs scouts did pick him up. He was with us for 3 years I think and the bunnies poached him off us.

He always had talent but the Dogs junior coaches at the time did not identify which was his best. He wasn't brushed. You bunny supporters are notorious for trying to rewrite the facts.

Didgi

lol "found him". How the f*ck can an Aussie club "find" a Junior Kiwi.

plane-travel.jpg

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
Bulldogs scouts did pick him up. He was with us for 3 years I think and the bunnies poached him off us.

He always had talent but the Dogs junior coaches at the time did not identify which was his best. He wasn't brushed. You bunny supporters are notorious for trying to rewrite the facts.

The FACTS are he was with the Dogs after being scouted by Hughes from NZ.
He played Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup in 2006 and was not offered a new deal.
Hughes still rated him and offered him a 2nd teir deal to play with Norths/Souths.
He was behind Daniel Irvine and George Ndaira and wasnt expected to play First Grade but got a shot halfway through the year and hasnt looked back.

The days of a "junior" are gone as so many come from Bush areas or NZ. Bred is a player that is signed before he has played First Grade.
Players at Souths like

Sandow, Capewell, Farrell, Luke, Vai Vai, Geddes, Corrigan, Ben Lowe, McQueen, Simpson, Tyrell

These are all players that came to Souths on 2nd tier deals and have progressed to the Full Time squad. That is bred as much as

Merritt, Sutton, Pettybourne, Talanoa, McPherson, Champion, Falloon, Clark who have played for junior clubs in the South Sydney District.

The only players at Souths I class as being bought are and the club that can claim them as bred

Asotasi - Bulldogs
Burgess - Bradford
Taylor - Broncos
Wesser - Panthers
Crocker - Roosters
Best - Sharks
Crossman - Panthers
J Lowe - Cowboys
Stuart - Sharks
Stapleton - ??

Big Pete

Referee
So by that logic Newcastle developed (or will develop) Kyle O'Donnell, Siutonga Likiliki and Beau Henry?

And Trent Hodkinson was a Sea Eagle through and through.