What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side vs Titans

hybrid_tiger

Coach
1. Mitch Brown
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Geoff Daniela
5. Beau Ryan
6. Benji Marshall
7. Robert Lui
8. Todd Payten
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Simon Dwyer
12. Gareth Ellis
13. Chris Heighington

14. Andrew Fifita
15. Willie Mataka
16. Mark Flanagan
17. Daniel Fitzhenry

:eek:

One prop on the bench, and Fitzhenry. Why did I expect anything different...

gronkathon

First Grade
Sheens is a merkin.

Replace one pointless past it pensioner with another who never had it to begin with.

Kudos you senile old f**k, kudos

N.C.

Juniors
Gibbs will come in for Fitzy... Just you watch.

OK maybe not. But I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...

gronkathon

First Grade
I lie to myself as well. Makes the time before kick off much easier to cope with.

Than you have an hour and a half or so to watch in utter disbelief

Magpies Forever

Juniors
There is a valid excuse of injuries, I hope Fitzhenry's selection does not go pear shaped. I'd have liked to have seen a newbie given a shot- at very least providing another back up player going into the finals series. Fitz hasnt set the world on fire and was rightfully dropped a month or so ago for poor form. Another alternate player coming into the finals would have been a better long term choice for WT. BUT, then again Teflon has to make a choice and we know he rarely takes a punt on new blood when old. 'known hand' is available.

Common Weststigers.

Edit: I too hope Gibbs can make an appearance instead of Fitz / Mataka, alternately is Moors available?

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Even if Gibbs and Fulton were declared fit on game day, Fitzy will still take his place on the bench. He is the mandatory back on the bench selection. Since Fitzy's demotion the team has improved out of sight lets hope we dont go backwards

R2Coupe

Juniors
Mataka is versatile and can cover prop, second row and centre. A good choice for the bench and good to see him given an opportunity.

Bricey

Juniors
Little surprised at Fitzy and Daniela TBH..... both were named on the bench for Wests in premier league last weekend against auckland at mt smart stadium.

Does anyone know why they were on the bench. Was it dicipline reasons or are both carrying knocks?

holman

Juniors
Fitzhenry was sitting with the First grade squad on Sunday at Leichhardt at 11am and followed the rest of the team in to get ready for the main game, maybe he was on standby if McKinnon had a twinge in the hamstring during the warm up. Anyhow if Fitzy is in the team on Friday night I won't be there, and I live on the Gold Coast

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Glad to see Mataka back. Hope he's used as the running backrower he is and not up the guts.

Can't see anything less than a 20 point spanking in this one. Negative? Perhaps. Realistic? Yes.

Das Hassler

Bench
Even if Gibbs and Fulton were declared fit on game day, Fitzy will still take his place on the bench. He is the mandatory back on the bench selection. Since Fitzy's demotion the team has improved out of sight lets hope we dont go backwards

"Since Fitzy's demotion the team has improved out of sight'

What..all of them?..the pack as well?!...that's quite a bit of influence young fitzy's got there

Ice-Tiger

Juniors
Sheens has ruined my week again.

Even my Rooter and Raider mates know Fitzy is useless and are giving it to me cause he was named again.

shags

Juniors
I am reading everywhere that all of these players are out, skandalis, fulton, gibbs, mckinnon, lawrence but have heard nothing official on Ellis. What are his chances of playing friday night or any of the others for that matter? Quite frankly I think you guys will be in all sorts of trouble up against the Titans pack unless you have some of these players lining up.

macnaz

Staff member
As aparently 2 key players wanted fitz dropped i now wonder what moral will be like if he is included in the team line up again?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
As aparently 2 key players wanted fitz dropped i now wonder what moral will be like if he is included in the team line up again?

reckon Sheens would use the argument of injuries and the team / players would just have to accept it.

Issue would be if Teflon continued to use Fitz into the final series- then things could get awkward- especially if Fitz's form remains dismal.

N.C.

Juniors
Has this particular rumour been circulated anywhere other than this forum?

macnaz

Staff member
Im not sure to be honest. But i was told privatly some other things related to it which did seem to make things add up. Anyway why do u ask? I did say apparently, but perhaps allegedly would have been a better word

Last edited:

Darth Bobo

I didn't think we'd win this even before the side was named, Titans are strong at home, we are coming off a short turn around and we have our Home Semi assured, we lost our last 2 in '05 once we got in the same position. With the injuries we are carrying and looking at the big picture I'd be happy with a virtual NSW Cup/20's side to go up to Gold Coast this weekend, give the main guys a week off to get over niggles and be good to go for the Finals.

I would have love to see a full strength side run out and give it to the Titans and get us a Top 2 spot but would be happy to swap that for a healthy squad Week 1 of the Finals.

1 positive for some is that this may be Fitzy's last game as long as we get the players we need back. He can't be signed for next year can he?

Latest posts