What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Dugan another matai

slammingsam

Juniors
I believe Dugan doesn't train much during the week to be fit to play the games. He will love this off season. Would like to see him pick up a yard of pace.

Dutchy

Immortal
Dugans legs are literally made out if tooth picks so it is expected that he would get a lot of niggling corks etc throughout a game.

Difference is though as has been mentioned above is tha Dugans injuries dint correlate exactly with his errors. Matai only gets hurt when he f**ks up

Matai plays with Chronic Nerve damage....

Red Bear

Referee
Dugan probably isnt quite at peak fitness stamina wise, if anything he just looked tired after a couple of effort plays, rather than injured. That fitness will come with age/getting over his current injuries.

Bloody good player!

Liddell

Juniors
First things first, congrats Gaba for making a post without editing it.

As for Dugan, dont forget about some of the knocks he copped last year. Tough little bastard for mine.

Whats the odds of him wearing the sky blue in game one next year?

boxhead

First Grade
Josh Dugan is one of the toughest players in the NRL, any team would love to have a player who gives their all and puts their body on the line all the time like him. He is definitely no pansy, a great player and a player I wish all my players had even a small part of his heart and determination; this kid is a star.

andrew057

First Grade
Like some have mentioned, Dugan gets hurt a lot because he put 110% all the time.

He really needs to change his game, if he wants to have a long career in the NRL.

boxhead

First Grade
Like some have mentioned, Dugan gets hurt a lot because he put 110% all the time.

He really needs to change his game, if he wants to have a long career in the NRL.

Yeah exactly, you always see him hurt but he always keeps fighting; great kid, plays with injuries all the time.

Gaba

First Grade
Im not knocking dugan , i didnt realise he was getting injured like that, until i heard sterlo's comment

edabomb

First Grade
Matai stops a game every week with an 'injury'.

Dugan lingers out the back of the play and the television coverage focusses on him.

Big difference IMO.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dugan is much tougher, much more talented and not a complete f**king grub... apples and oranges

dugan gets targetted with extra physical attention, he's a kid who's been carrying niggling injuries all season but because of his heart and toughness continues to put his body on the line and play through the pain
Matai is a f**king sook, and a grub, and not the least bit tough.... polar opposites

The Gambler

Juniors
Dugan was sh**ting me all night last night at the game - because he is such a friggen good player!!! On several occassions I thought he was going to blow us away and win the Raiders the game.

But on topic - he does seem to come out of most tackles quite gingerly. But I put it down to fatigue - you try getting up after your 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc 30+ metre run for the match!

j0nesy

Bench
Don't know about Dugan being a Matai, but he goes down like he's been shot by a sniper after every tackle. It's quite strange.

MSIH

Bench
Matai's played International Rugby League, has chronic nerve damage and has won a Premiership. Polar opposites.

It's a fair thread question.

I thought it myself last night, but decided to give Dugan the benefit of the doubt.

Dugan does give everything he has during the game and thats why we (the majority here) love him for it and can forgive his frequent grimacing.

Matai is a dirty cat piss, and only geniused Manly fans could like him. Filthy cheap shot merchant who does his best work when no one is looking.

Steve Catai is Bobby Bouche from the "Water Boy". Give him the magic "glaciel water" and his nerve damage disappers for long enough for one more cheap elbow before he slinks off back to the wing for more physio attention.

Dugan >>>>> Matai. Simple when you think about.