What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

gronkathon

First Grade
There has been nothing since the days of the old Lang Park that came close to matching the intensity of the 2005 semi final between these two clubs. Hopefully we can get close to that again

chrisc101

Juniors
this crowd will be big but wont be near as big as eels v dogs

Why not??

Any combination of the Sydney Big 5 could hit 75k for a prelim. Go through the history books and have a look how our finals have been screwed massively through match ups. Finally 2 years in a row we hit pay dirt.

ouwet

Bench
I went with family and dragged a rugby yawnion mate along and he absolutely loved it.The game was so tribal and the colour looked awesome.

Will never ever forget the atmosphere that night,as Gus would say, WOW! WOOOW!

It was awesome last year! I strongly advise all neutrals to head out on Saturday night for the game! You won't be disappointed... I know I will be!

Let's hope St George Illawarra & Wests Tiger's fans head out in force and beat last years attendance! Who cares which team has more supporters (Stupid Daily Telegraph)....

ouwet

Bench
Why not??

Any combination of the Sydney Big 5 could hit 75k for a prelim. Go through the history books and have a look how our finals have been screwed massively through match ups. Finally 2 years in a row we hit pay dirt.

I'm just waiting for Bulldogs V St George Illawarra... That would be :crazy:

sarahk

Juniors
I will also be groomsman for a huge saints fan on Saturday night.
Last week he was still trying to convince us that they would be playing on Friday....

Yeah we all thought the game would be Friday night too which is why no one was complaining. hahha i can't wait to see the number of people with headphones on listening to the games from their phones. Just wish i could have gone to the game.

Sam H

Juniors
Just posted on the crowds thread - according to 2UE as of 6pm ish tonight 15,000 had been sold, which is apparently up on this stage last year for Dogs v Eels.

Although Ticketek's 'technical error' (ie, their incompetence when it comes to the core business of...selling tickets) could account for a few of the extras.

shewi6

Juniors
well it was sort of sold out. i doubt u would of been able to buy tickets at the gate because a 50k crowd is the best u will get outside of state of origin. as all the corporate boxes wont be sold.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
this crowd will be big but wont be near as big as eels v dogs
Hard to say ... apparently by 7:00pm Monday night, ticket sales were 2,500 ahead of the same time last year for Bulldogs vs Eels.

Best guide will be about 7pm Tuesday night, once the General Public have had their shot at the tickets.

I think that by that time, 60,000+ seats will already be filled.

cleary89

Coach
Where do you find out these PAX figures? Do they solely represent the amount of tickets sold?

On the tickets. I got mine at about 9.02 and was about 7400, a guy said he was first in line and was roughly 6500.

So maybe started at 6k, not 0?

taxidriver

Coach
we deserve better than ticketek

they f**ked up Saints first semi final as well.

reporting that only single tickets were available on day one of the sale.

ouwet

Bench
Just bought my tickets... Pax Number 32324-32325.

Bought 2 tickets in St Merge section Cat A Level 4.
Wanted to buy Cat A in Tiger's section but only Level 6 tickets available for that, the view from up there isn't the best! Looks like more Tiger's supporters have bought tickets so far?? Will be great to give it to the St merge supporters around me after they lose :)