What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our great games positive future

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I don't see the point in this whole thread when the sole purpose all along was to shoot down every other sport and to praise the NRL no matter what.

Nobody ever had any intention of having a proper discussion,just a shoot down and laugh at every pther sport thead.

Please continue praising the NRL

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Don't worry about the fact that the following top 8 NRL teams had a crowd average under 14k

Panthers
Raiders
Warriors
Sea Eagles

Everything in the NRL is absolutely amazing(insert sarcasm),nobody can challenge us,lets all hold hands and praise the almighty NRL some more

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Nobody watched the Bledisloe Cup on TV because they were all at the game you dope
Gee those 70,000 at the game would have made a huge difference to the TV ratings, if they had all stayed at home and watched they might have got close to 75,000 viewers.
The NRL will always dominate over stupor 15 (and AFL) because the fan base is made up of passionate people who support the game no matter what - unlike pathetic fair weather bandwagon fools like you that decide to hop on board just because Jarryd got you hard.

chrisc101

Juniors
Nobody watched the Bledisloe Cup on TV because they were all at the game you dope

So are you trying to seriously say that the little ARU experiment of stamping their claim on September was a success? Mate the Bledisloe typically rates in Sydney similar to a normal Friday night NRL match, circa 400k. For the last Bledisloe they rated 150k.

It was the dumbest decision in the history of the sport, dare I say dumber than the ARC!! Fact of life is both Rugby codes have cross over supporters.

Moral of the story to Rugby, do not make us choose. We can happily coexist.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
NRL finals matches thus far

Reds vs Bulls

Reds vs Stormers

Reds vs Highlanders

The Queensland Reds can draw a bigger crowd in the regular season against foriegn teams then the NRL can draw in finals matches

:lol::lol::lol:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Club Rugby League VS State based teams in Union

Can you not see where you've gone wrong?

Do you realise these Aussie teams used to play at home against mainly foreign teams that nobody cares about?

Can you imagine the Queensland Maroons playing against Papua New Guinea or Fiji? how much would that draw?

franklin2323

Immortal

Reds vs Bulls

Reds vs Stormers

Reds vs Highlanders

The Queensland Reds can draw a bigger crowd in the regular season against foriegn teams then the NRL can draw in finals matches

You do realise it's STATE'S for that!! Idiot. they have 6 games and cover a whole state that's prob EVERY RU player in the state that attended

typicalfan

Coach
Queensland Reds v Queensland Maroons you imbecile.

Those Reds games weren't in competition to the NRL finals in fact a lot of them were before the NRL season even began.

The Wallabies rated a distant 5th behind the 4 NRL finals games that weekend on TV.

The Bledisloe Cup used to be an instant sellout like Origin matches but these days it doesn't come close. And a lot of the Union test crowds are made up of large numbers of corporate tickets which means less on offer to the general public.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Reds vs Bulls

Reds vs Stormers

Reds vs Highlanders

That's fantastic redtrain. You're really building a convincing argument. I'm convinced that you are a fool of the highest order. All these figures indicate is that 25,000 people have got a lot of times on their hands.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
geniuss,the Queensland Reds are playing alot of home games against FOREIGN TEAMS that nobody here cares about,can you imagine if the Queensland Maroons played against Papua New Guinea or Fiji? how much would that draw?

More local derbies in Super rugby will help boost crowds

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
geniuss,the Queensland Reds are playing alot of home games against FOREIGN TEAMS,can you imagine if the Queensland Maroons played against Papua New Guinea or Fiji? how much would that draw?

And yet who will care?

whatsdoing1982

Juniors
Don't worry about the fact that the following top 8 NRL teams had a crowd average under 14k

Dont forget the Sydney teams in Union probably got only 2000 to a game. I know in Newcastle the union GF got about 2000 people and the league one got 13500.
Hmmm Union is dead in Australia

chrisc101

Juniors
Do you realise these Aussie teams used to play at home against mainly foreign teams that nobody cares about?

Can you imagine the Queensland Maroons playing against Papua New Guinea or Fiji? how much would that draw?

I think everyone on here knows the strength's and weaknesses of both codes, so I would suggest you are trolling.

Comparing a 14 week state/province international rugby comp to the crowd at an NRL semi between the 2nd worst combination of Sydney NRL clubs is stupid.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I think everyone on here knows the strength's and weaknesses of both codes, so I would suggest you are trolling.

Comparing a 14 week state/province international rugby comp to the crowd at an NRL semi between the 2nd worst combination of Sydney NRL clubs is stupid.

How on earth is it stupid when both codes are competing against one another

typicalfan

Coach
geniuss,the Queensland Reds are playing alot of home games against FOREIGN TEAMS that nobody here cares about,can you imagine if the Queensland Maroons played against Papua New Guinea or Fiji? how much would that draw?

They will thin the talent on the ground even further which will mean lower standard of competition.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Redtrain is not intelligent or witty enough to be a troll.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I've never seen a poster on the LU boards ruin so many threads.

To the OP, I admire your optimism, but there is still a very wide gap between potential and reality. We have a long, hard road ahead of us before we get where we deserve as a game.

Latest posts