What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans v Roosters Semi

Coaster

Bench
Are any Broncos fans coming to the game on Friday night?

I know we have a rivalry, but it would be great if we could fill the stadium with Queenslanders loving there footy.

some11

Referee
I'm thinking about the $30 tickets, I've missed watching games at Suncorp and want the Titans in the GF more than the Roosters.

applesauce

Bench
I'm trying to get 7 tickets have no passwords (even though i am a mynrl member and don't know any titans members) so I don't like my chances of going now!

hellteam

First Grade
I'm going to the Grand Final so I hope the Titans win so I kinda have someone to cheer for...

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Simply can not support the Titans, even against the feather dusters. I just find them severely irritating, might be Catrwright and his antics. In a sentimental way I'm pining for Super Coach Benny to bag his 7th, even though I loathe the Dragqueens.

Big Pete

Referee
C'arn the Titans. Their the only bandwagon I have left after Norths and the Cowboys Under 20's side let me down.

Won't be able to make the game though.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
C'arn the Titans. Their the only bandwagon I have left after Norths and the Cowboys Under 20's side let me down.

Haha... I'm in a similar boat now the Warriors and Raiders have bowed out. Norths were very disappointing in the QLD cup, mind you the pride were very good.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
The Tits are below Manly in my books but i'm going and taking my dad, little brother and my two sons to enjoy what should be a good game of football.

AuDragon

Juniors
The Tits are below Manly in my books but i'm going and taking my dad, little brother and my two sons to enjoy what should be a good game of football.

Nah, silver tails, chooks and dragqueens should never come anywhere close to a title, except the wooden spoon, which they should always compete for. :badgrin:
So I'm hoping for a Tigers - Toidans gfinal, with a win to the Sydney side ideally. :pray:
Can't really support a team with Bird in its ranks and a whingeing Cartwright as coach... :sick: Even if it's my town's team. :roll:

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Now we've got Broughton, OR WAS IT BARFLY gobbing on saying they'll outgrow the Broncos as No1 in the Sunshine State. Nothing more than little upstarts. How many times did you guys re-invent yourself from absolute failure again ? History and culture, the Titans are a JOKE ! Aside from Gillmeister they've got nothing.

Twigg

Juniors
Ponies4ever beat me to it but here is the Titans CEO f*ckwit's comments.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27749755-5018866,00.html

Gold Coast chairman Paul Broughton says club will be bigger than Brisbane

By Brent Read
September 24, 2010

On the eve of the biggest match in Gold Coast history, Titans chairman Paul Broughton boldly predicts the club will one day eclipse the Brisbane Broncos as the flagship franchise in Queensland.

Broughton was a driving force behind the NRL returning to the region nearly four years ago and, as he proudly watched the players go through their paces at Skilled Park, he suggestedthe preliminary final against the Sydney Roosters at Suncorp Stadium was only the start. The next step is to usurp the Broncos as king pins in Queensland.

"I think the footy club can do anything," said Broughton, who was involved with Gold Coast in its previous incarnation as the Chargers.

"The Broncos have been here for 21, 22 years. We have only been here for four. They're not in the play-offs. We are. Nothing unites a city more than its residents being able to relate to a winning football team. In this case it's rugby league."

Asked whether it was the biggest game in the code's history on the Gold Coast, Broughton didn't hesitate.
"Absolutely," he said.

"It's going to be on the world stage. Everybody will know Gold Coast is not a place in Africa, it's a place in south-east Queensland.

"I know one thing - the further you go, the deeper the wound. If you're looking at the football team and the fans, when the whistle goes everyone is going to go into the winning dressing room. I hope it's ours."

The magnitude of this game for the Titans is only enhanced by the looming presence of the AFL.

Next year the Titans will be jostling with the Suns for the hearts and minds of Gold Coast sports fans. A premiership would shore up the support the Titans already enjoy.

"It's a big game and we just have to treat it with the respect it deserves," coach John Cartwright said.

"It's enormous. You only have to walk through the streets. You can see the kids in the park. It's a warm thought to see all the kids running around in their Titans colours and the community getting behind us.

"Anything that can be made blue and gold has been made blue and gold. It's hard to put an estimate on what that does for you, but it certainly gives you a warm feeling when you're involved from the inside.

"We're the only Queensland side."

Captain Scott Prince warmed to the theme.

"It means a hell of a lot," Prince said.

"Searley and Paul Broughton, the guys who have started it from the word go . . . they have created the team and the culture we're a part of.
"We're playing a massive role in creating a history and culture. It means a hell of a lot to the Gold Coast community and Titans supporters in general.
"It's just great to see the support we have got in Queensland - all over Australia and the world for that matter.

"Let's just hope they drop the Broncos and Cowboys tag and get on board the Titans train."

Many of those supporters will travel up the Pacific Highway today, with a crowd in excess of 45,000 expected at Suncorp Stadium.

Nearly 20,000 of those tickets have been snapped up by supporters in the Coast's catchment area. The vast majority of those remaining have been purchased within Queensland.

Titans officials and players are counting on Queenslanders to rally behind their side.

"I think grand finals are independence day," said Broughton, who began plotting Gold Coast's return to the NRL with Searle in 1998 only months after the Chargers were thrown out of the premiership.

"The fans have changed towards us because they like associating with a winning football team.

"I think to us it's independence day."

Then there's the fact they draped our Wally Lewis statue in Titans colours. Guess what merkin..

You will NEVER beat the broncos nor will you kill us off! :lol: